Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park deer cull item on the radio

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

I tried this argument about 14 years ago when a red deer ran across in front of me and wrote of a van, the deer didn't fair too well either. I was told it was a wild animal and the state was not liable, my point was if its wild and the state is not liable then why then do I have to get permission from the state every year to shoot them.
    The usual sh1t in this country if its going to cost its not the states problem, nothing to do with us, but if you want to shoot one you must get permission from the state to hunt something they are not responsible for. Its like trying to argue with a brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

solarwinds wrote: »
    I tried this argument about 14 years ago when a red deer ran across in front of me and wrote of a van, the deer didn't fair too well either. I was told it was a wild animal and the state was not liable, my point was if its wild and the state is not liable then why then do I have to get permission from the state every year to shoot them.
    The usual sh1t in this country if its going to cost its not the states problem, nothing to do with us, but if you want to shoot one you must get permission from the state to hunt something they are not responsible for. Its like trying to argue with a brick.

It's like every piece of land with wild deer, you need permission in this case from the opw

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

ganmo wrote: »

It's like every piece of land with wild deer, you need permission in this case from the opw
    No I need permission from the land owner to shoot on their property, the opw give the permission to shoot the game, in this case deer. So does that not make the OPW responsible for the deer if you have to seek their permission to shoot them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

No I need permission from the land owner to shoot on their property, the opw give the permission to shoot the game, in this case deer. So does that not make the OPW responsible for the deer if you have to seek their permission to shoot them.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I would say it's a different story if you are in enclosed parkland [IE PP] and you get hit by a tagged animal than say getting hit by one down in the Killarney national unenclosed park.
    Way above my legal knowledge, the ins and outs of that one. But I'd say it would be a very interesting case.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    That comment being sarcastic ,hopefully??

They could move the ones across the road in the zoo into the park for a few weeks.
    Might need to close the park gates though and then you'd have Conor Faughan on about traffic jams around the park.

Advertisement