Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelled

• 10-01-2019 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I cancelled with EIR a week ago (after over 3 years) because retail staff made false promises to me. After speaking to loyalty team on the phone (who openly admitted I was lied to) I told EIR I wanted to cancel my Mobile, TV and broadband immediately. I was told I have to give 30 days notice. Fine. Then I was told I would be sent an email that I would have to verify I was cancelling (despite extensive verification checks on the phone). A week later I still have received no email despite asking for it by chat and on the phone (very time consuming process for each). I'll miss the sports channels but your service is terrible. I'll be delighted when I'm finally done with EIR. Can you speed up the cancellation email for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bramblesTitus

Hi, I cancelled with EIR a week ago (after over 3 years) because retail staff made false promises to me. After speaking to loyalty team on the phone (who openly admitted I was lied to) I told EIR I wanted to cancel my Mobile, TV and broadband immediately. I was told I have to give 30 days notice. Fine. Then I was told I would be sent an email that I would have to verify I was cancelling (despite extensive verification checks on the phone). A week later I still have received no email despite asking for it by chat and on the phone (very time consuming process for each). I'll miss the sports channels but your service is terrible. I'll be delighted when I'm finally done with EIR. Can you speed up the cancellation email for me?
    Just waited 20 minutes on hold and then EIR dropped the call. Please PM me ASAP

Just waited 20 minutes on hold and then EIR dropped the call. Please PM me ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi bramblesTitus, 

Sorry to hear you have not received the email. 

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Could you PM the following information and I can look into this for you?
    1. Your Name
    2. Your Address
    3. Your Account Number
    4. Your DOB
    5. Are you the account Holder?

As soon as I receive this I will follow up why you have not received the email

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi bramblesTitus, 

1. Your Name
    2. Your Address
    3. Your Account Number
    4. Your DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    I have rang EIR over 10 times since early January and spent hours & hours on hold. I have spent ages on webchat. I have made numerous posts and sent private messages on boards. I sent a letter by post. I have tried contacting EIR by Twitter and I have made a formal complaint on the EIR website. To no avail - I have no verification of my cancellation and no date of when the service will stop. EIR say they will ring me but no missed calls on my phone - just a voicemail saying we are trying to ring you. They think I am stupid. F**king fraud of a company. I will contact COMREG today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi bramblesTitus, 

1. Your Name
    2. Your Address
    3. Your Account Number
    4. Your DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    I have rang EIR over 10 times since early January and spent hours & hours on hold. I have spent ages on webchat. I have made numerous posts and sent private messages on boards. I sent a letter by post. I have tried contacting EIR by Twitter and I have made a formal complaint on the EIR website. To no avail - I have no verification of my cancellation and no date of when the service will stop. EIR say they will ring me but no missed calls on my phone - just a voicemail saying we are trying to ring you. They think I am stupid. F**king fraud of a company. I will contact COMREG today.
    Hi bramblesTitus, 

I have followed up with the agent again. My apologies that you have not received a call back. 

I will update you in PM's once I hear back from the agent. 

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Grainne, do you ever get tired of apoligising on behalf of your employer?

Advertisement