Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accounting software for startup that incorporates AIB bank feeds

• 10-01-2019 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with the following query.

Our business started a number of years ago and have been tracking transactions via excel, by exporting the bank statement form AIB online and working through it line by line. Excruciating task and takes up a lot of time.:mad:

We are looking at purchasing accounting software as the business is growing and the volume of items going through the bank increases.

Can anybody recommend an accounting software that would meet the following criteria: (wont be viable unless it satisfies these)

1. Cloud based
    2. Compatible on MAC OS
    3. Allows for AIB live bank feeds.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tmkly

Also
    4. Be able to produce recurring invoices!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 crkcvnirl

Check out https://www.waveapps.com/

I use it. Takes a little setting up. Is cloud based with a v-good mobi app.

Can aslo create recurring invoices to issue automatically, this I use for multiple clients.

Setup enables click'n'pay on your invoices, I use Stripe.com for this.

There are bank interface options, not sure if AIB is on the list though.

Their basic option is free!

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

I use sage one

1. Cloud based - Yes

2. Compatible on MAC OS - Yes, just a web browser needed. You may need to check the spec on there reporting tool perhaps it needs windows

3. Allows for AIB live bank feeds. - The website say it does but in practice it also says BOI is supported but they are not. You can take a CSV download and import and this work ok. Not sure if that functionality is available in AIB (csv)

4. Be able to produce recurring invoices! - no

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tmkly

eusap wrote: »
    I use sage one

4. Be able to produce recurring invoices! - no

That's surprising that it doesn't. Seems like a basic feature of any standard accounting software.

This is a fairly critical component of why we need it.

I know if I call SAGE they'll try sell me SAGE 50 which is not an option because I know its not available on MAC OS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

Did you try Xero?
    They do reoccurring invoicing and bank feeds.
    Although I import the CSV file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

tmkly wrote: »
    That's surprising that it doesn't. Seems like a basic feature of any standard accounting software.

This is a fairly critical component of why we need it.

I know if I call SAGE they'll try sell me SAGE 50 which is not an option because I know its not available on MAC OS.

It was a feature of Sage Instant (on premise) but not on cloud!!

The do integrate to Stripe not sure weather in stripe you can do reoccurring invoices

Advertisement