Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustration with Revenue and Employer

Options
  • 10-01-2019 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

For the love of god can someone please point me in the right direction!?

Posting for my daughter who started a new job in December.
    Shes on Emergency tax
    when she logs onto My account on reveenue.ie the new employers details are up there as well as her tax credits
    however if she contacts her employers salaries section she gets no help whats so ever as to what she needs to do to come off the emergency tax and I have no clue what she needs to do either
    phone calls to revenue are automated just sorry we're busy and it hangs up directing you to the website but that doesn't answer the query.
    there is no tax certificate for 2019 for her on revenue.
    the new RPN (?) where is that found?
    if the details of her employment are on revenue - will her tax be sorted automatically by her payroll section (public service) and unhelpful btw.
    when she left her last job in november she had her P45 but the new salaries section didn't want that and she still has it - should she do anything with it now?

sorry, sorry for all the questions but it's just so frustrating.......
    and google is not our friend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Has a tax credit certificate been issued to the employer?

If you go online and go to my account, at the top of that page there is a section called "my documents" check and see if a tax certificate certificate was issued for 2019, if not you can get one issued to the employer by going to "manage my tax 2019" and go through the steps to get a tax credit certificate send to her and the employer, check my documents 1/2 days later to see if it's showing up, if it is the employer has gotten it.

The employer has to use their version of the tax credit certificate, once you know it's issued to them but they're still not implementing it, it's between her and the employer, revenue has done there part by sending the certificate.

They don't need her p45 because it's only relevant if she changes jobs in the same year, as it's last year it's no longer relevant for 2019

Hope this helps somewhat

Edit to add: once they use the tax credit certificate a refund of emergency tax will show in her payslip normally 2 weeks after the certificate is implemented. To get back 2018 emergency tax she will need to request a p21 by filing a form 12 online for 2018, she will need all p60s/p45s for 2018 in order to do this, most employers have filed their own returns by February so her p60 will be reflected online by then. It's still very early right now for 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Employer will get new credit from first of January with new PAYE modernization. Your daughter just need to make sure she has all applicable credit on her My account on revenue site. Unlikely she will get refund from employer as so close to year end. When she next get paid she should be on normal tax. Should get p60 by early February from employer after which she can go online and request a p21 balance statement to claim back taxes over paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

thank you for the most helpful information to date from both of you,
    it seems its very early in the tax year and they are overwhelmed but I believe after persisting in calling a phone number for revenue she finally did get to speak to someone who has sorted it for her and assured her that her tax cert will be sent on to the payroll section of her workplace.
    im sure for someone who knows their way around the tax system it seems very easy to do, but as for us, well clueless is a good word, I just let my employers get on with it and assume it's all correct.
    Anyhow we shall see
    thanks again - information is most helpful going forward!

Advertisement