Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir waiting times & wish to cancel my account.

• 10-01-2019 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭

I have tried and spent so much time on hold and eir chat, to no avail that I no longer wish to be an Eir Customer after 10 years of loyalty.

I would like to request a call back from Eir, is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I have tried and spent so much time on hold and eir chat, to no avail that I no longer wish to be an Eir Customer after 10 years of loyalty.

I am in a similar boat, I've spent a hour on hold over 2 calls trying to talk to somebody, the webchat was pointless (I want to speak to somebody before I cancel my contract) and email is not available.  How frustrating.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Also in the same boat - I've been charged €120 for my €80 bill for 2 months and each time after spending hours on the phone being told it's sorted, it's never sorted. Used to be a big fan of Eir service, but I can honestly say I can't think of a time when I've had worse service in my life. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rachaelf750

So far I have wasted  so much time; 09/01/18 one call at 8.40 to get a msg that they weren't open yet, 25min on Webchat (waste of time), 2 telephone calls at 25min each and spoke with no one.

10/01/18 12min on webchat again! and 30min on hold, I did get through to a lovely lady but she couldn't assist and had to put me through to a different dept. and when she tried (twice) the lines were down! So I didn't speak with anyone who cold deal with me. (45min 50sec in total)

Can someone from Eir assist please?

When I was last in contact with Eir, in January last year I had no problem speaking to anyone, I had to call on a number of occasions but each time I got to speak to a rep with too much delay.  This to me is a real sign of a company in decline.  

When I was last in contact with Eir, in January last year I had no problem speaking to anyone, I had to call on a number of occasions but each time I got to speak to a rep with too much delay.  This to me is a real sign of a company in decline.  
    I never ring them, I've no need to but oh my Lord what is happening with Eir?!!!
    A Telecom business, they don't come across as a very component one!

Webchat=not worth having, asked for a log of the chat to be emailed, can't facilitate this ! It's 2019.
    Email= not possible!  It's 2019.
    Speak with a human= avg. wait time 30min
    Get human to assist= not possible as they have to pass you to a different dept!
    Ask for a call back= not possible! It's 2019.

Log onto Boards for assistance=last hope
    Anyone from Eir available to help a loyal customer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Same boat here. Multiple calls, on hold 40+mins each time, when I did get through, the line hung up after about 2 minutes of talking. Cant email, Twitter tells you to call the number.

Lads, what's the story with Eir customer service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

MillField wrote: »
    Same boat here. Multiple calls, on hold 40+mins each time, when I did get through, the line hung up after about 2 minutes of talking. Cant email, Twitter tells you to call the number.

passing from pillar to post, give up most. Suggest registered letter to postal address stating wish to cancel, demanding refund, and then contact rival to switch port. also cancel all direct debits etc with eir. every dispute i have had with eircom has required comreg to assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Hi rachaelf750,

I have just replied to you on another thread. If you could send me on those account details, I'd be happy to try and help.

~Kellie

Hi there jack of all,

If you could PM me your exact query along with the following account details I can, of course, have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Also in the same boat - I've been charged €120 for my €80 bill for 2 months and each time after spending hours on the phone being told it's sorted, it's never sorted. Used to be a big fan of Eir service, but I can honestly say I can't think of a time when I've had worse service in my life. 
    Hi Bawnmore,

if you would also like to PM me your account details, I can look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie

• Advertisement

Hi MillField,

If you could also PM me your exact query and account details, I'd be happy to try and help.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Hi MillField,

If you could also PM me your exact query and account details, I'd be happy to try and help.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    All sorted now Kellie.

Hi MillField,

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    All sorted now Kellie.
    Hi MillField,

I am happy to hear you got this sorted.

~Kellie

Hi rachaelf750,

I have just replied to you on another thread. If you could send me on those account details, I'd be happy to try and help.

~Kellie
    Hi,
    I just sent you the requested details, can you assist please.

I have sent my details to Kellie, but if any other rep is love please help me.
    I still can't get through on 1901  and its soooo frustrating !

I have sent my details to Kellie, but if any other rep is love please help me.
    I still can't get through on 1901  and its soooo frustrating !
    Hi there rachaelf750,

I have just responded to your PM.

~Kellie

Just got a pm reply, and yet again eir can't assist.
    Calling, use the chat function  messaging them and a pm on boards.
    Customer for 10 years and there happy (it seams) to let me go to a competitor.
    So who would you recommend I change my internet provider too ?

My issue has been sorted, many thanks to Grainne at Eir.  Still many unanswered questions about Eir's customer service but at least I'm sorted for another year.

Yet again, another day will be wasted trying to contact Eir..
    First try if the day. Commenced call at 9.4o
    Message stating I will be waiting over 30 min for a rep!!
    Here's hoping they can actually deal with me today. 

Still on hold; 42min now.
     Suppose I should be thankfully for the change in music that just happened !!!
    If I don't get this resolved today, I'm leaving Eir, I've had enough.

• Advertisement

Actually spoke with someone ,offered me new contract for 39.99p/m *12months.

I'm with eir 10 years so I asked them tomatch a competitors offer of 35 p/m or give me the new customer online offer of 35 p/m
    NO way can that be offered was the answer so I have just cancelled with Eir.
    Well done Eir take a bow.
    Off I go to your competitors and save myself at least €80 p/y.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Same boat here, 
    Been on hold for nearly an hour now. Web chat useless. 
    They sneakily increased my monthly bill nearly doubled after I added a sim only plan to it . 

@Eir Please PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Is it possible to cancel my service through the Eir shop that I signed up with initially?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'm on a 30 day sim  only contract, webchat said I need to speak to loyalty to give my notice, I can't get through to them.. Can you take my notice through here reps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

Just got a pm reply, and yet again eir can't assist.
    Calling, use the chat function  messaging them and a pm on boards.
    Customer for 10 years and there happy (it seams) to let me go to a competitor.
    So who would you recommend I change my internet provider too ?
    Hi,

Customer with Eir for well over 10 years, just for landline. Bill was in ex-husband's name, asked for it to be changed to mine in November and was told all was done. Didn't get a bill since. Have been calling and have spent approximately ten hours over three weeks on eir phone lines, never spoke to one person. Webchat tried and were useless. Boards tried and couldn't assist. Bill remains unpaid for three months. On a €60 per month plan with Virgin for wi-fi, Tv and phone included (even though I had no use for it). Asked Virgin Media to port my ten year old landline to them. Less than 24 hours later, have Tv, wi-fi and my old Eir number with Virgin Media. Paying €60 per month. Saving €60 per month from Eir. So really now paying nothing. Had an issue with phone when it was first ported, called Virgin Media and was told there was a wait time on avg of 15 minutes, less than 30 secs later, I was speaking to a very friendly customer service agent and matter was sorted in minutes.

Sorry I didn't make the move years ago.

Thanks Eir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I am in same boat. I wish to have my contract released so I can go to a competitor that just may have respect for their customers.
    My modem went faulty and tech support were quick to diagnose that, then it all fell apart and here I am a week later with nothing to show, no progress, no attempt to delivery (why they insist on using the works worst freight company is beyond me - Nightmare). Countless hours on the phone to various departments, totaling several hours, useless webchat, no reply to emails or messenger.

I have had enough and I want out.....but I can get through to anyone to actually tell them this !!!!!

Got through yesterday and spoke with Danny.
    Cancelled my business with you in the end, Danny said I would receive an email but I hven't received one yet. Typical, now I have to ring again and waste another 50min of my time !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Got through yesterday and spoke with Danny.
    Cancelled my business with you in the end, Danny said I would receive an email but I hven't received one yet. Typical, now I have to ring again and waste another 50min of my time !!
    cc all email correspondence to comreg. write letter stating you are cancelling giving reason(especially if eir aren't provide service). Letter to be sent with proof of postage. cancel all direct debits, and ignore all future eir correspondence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Actually spoke with someone ,offered me new contract for 39.99p/m *12months.

I'm with eir 10 years so I asked them tomatch a competitors offer of 35 p/m or give me the new customer online offer of 35 p/m
    NO way can that be offered was the answer so I have just cancelled with Eir.
    Well done Eir take a bow.
    Off I go to your competitors and save myself at least €80 p/y.
    You're better off away from them. Not only will you save money but peace of mind too. Majority of the support are simpletons.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I'm still having trouble with Eir, attempting to overcharge me, despite a new contract being in place for some time now.  Grainne is not replying to my PMs, although she had promised me that billing issues would be sorted and that I need not worry- that was a week ago.  I'm so annoyed at this shambles of a company.

Advertisement