Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir waiting times & wish to cancel my account.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Unfortunately I'm still having trouble with Eir, attempting to overcharge me, despite a new contract being in place for some time now.  Grainne is not replying to my PMs, although she had promised me that billing issues would be sorted and that I need not worry- that was a week ago.  I'm so annoyed at this shambles of a company.
    You should know that you can take money back from companies using SEPA. I can do this using Bank of Ireland by just taking back the money. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

58 minutes and counting to get through to cancellations, this is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Unfortunately I'm still having trouble with Eir, attempting to overcharge me, despite a new contract being in place for some time now.  Grainne is not replying to my PMs, although she had promised me that billing issues would be sorted and that I need not worry- that was a week ago.  I'm so annoyed at this shambles of a company.
    Hi jack of all, 

I have responded to your PM. 

The correct amount will be taken by direct debit. 

The updated price would not show on your my eir until your next bill is issued. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kellyd75

Same story here - My contract with Eir for Fibre Broadband has recently expired.

I have been trying to get in contact with Eir for the past 3 weeks in order to re-negotiate a new contract in order for me to commit to a new deal, otherwise I face a hike from €46 per month to €83 per month starting next month.

However, it is proving impossible to get through to Eir Customer Service:
    • Email function is “not currently available”
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Eir Web Chat keeps telling me “to ring 1901” - ringing this number is a waste of time because I cannot get through – even after 30 mins on hold. [/font]
    [*]

I wrote Eir a letter notifying them of my intention to cancel the contract at its expiry date unless they contact me to discuss a new deal – needless to say this didn’t happen.

Sad thing is…….i want to stay with Eir if they offer me the same terms as before, but their customer care dept. leaves a lot to be desired.

Any Eir Reps out there………the ball is now in your court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Kellyd75 wrote: »
    Same story here - My contract with Eir for Fibre Broadband has recently expired.

I have been trying to get in contact with Eir for the past 3 weeks in order to re-negotiate a new contract in order for me to commit to a new deal, otherwise I face a hike from €46 per month to €83 per month starting next month.

However, it is proving impossible to get through to Eir Customer Service:
    • Email function is “not currently available”
    • Eir Web Chat keeps telling me “to ring 1901” - ringing this number is a waste of time because I cannot get through – even after 30 mins on hold.

[*]

I wrote Eir a letter notifying them of my intention to cancel the contract at its expiry date unless they contact me to discuss a new deal – needless to say this didn’t happen.

Sad thing is…….i want to stay with Eir if they offer me the same terms as before, but their customer care dept. leaves a lot to be desired.

Any Eir Reps out there………the ball is now in your court.
    [*]
    Hi Kellyd75, 

Sorry to hear you are unable to get through to our customer care team. We are aware of long hold times for our customers. More details can be found here

We are unable to schedule callbacks from the social media team. What you need to do is contact customer care and request a call back. 

Grainne

• Advertisement

Thanks @paddy19.....good advice. Eir are pulling every trick in the book to frustrate loyal customers in the hope that they give up and continue to keep paying extortionate monthly broadband costs while only new customers can reap the benefits.

Sorry Grainne - i have given up contacting customer care. This is just another delay tactic to stall me cancelling my contract....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Big news...... Eir have an Email address........
    You know that new fangled way to communicate with other folk.
    Awful handy altogether.
    You'd think Eir and the Reps would shouting about on the boards.

So if you are one the few customers that are having problems with your service you just send an email.

ccm@eir.ie

Send your email requesting a complaint number for Comreg.

If Eir do not respond within 10 days you can escalate to Comreg.

This is important because you can use this email to prove that you have formally requested cancellation of your service.

You can then legally cancel your direct debit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Now on hold for >60 minutes trying to contact someone in EIR to cancel my service.  Last time I was 90+ minutes.  This is beyond a joke !  I got to speak to one guy, but then he told me that he needed to transfer me to someone else as my account on "an old system".  Still waiting ...

I have now been passed to 2 different people - 1 from Loyatly team who then passed me on to some from service team - neither of whom could activate the cancellation.

Anyone from Eircom still working there who can actually do something about this ?

HI Oldlegs,
    you might need to try new legs!

Why don't you use email as outlined above?

Never understand why people would allow a supplier to muck them around on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭HBC08

paddy19 wrote: »
    HI Oldlegs,

Never understand why people would allow a supplier to muck them around on the phone.

Agree with this.Eir are not contactable by phone,have a read back through the thread. The fact that reps are coming on here saying to call them shows the absolute contempt they have for customers.

The above poster has outlined how to deal with them if you need to cancel. Unfortunately if you have a different issue it seems your options are limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Oldlegs wrote: »
    Now on hold for >60 minutes trying to contact someone in EIR to cancel my service.  Last time I was 90+ minutes.  This is beyond a joke !  I got to speak to one guy, but then he told me that he needed to transfer me to someone else as my account on "an old system".  Still waiting ...

I have now been passed to 2 different people - 1 from Loyatly team who then passed me on to some from service team - neither of whom could activate the cancellation.

Anyone from Eircom still working there who can actually do something about this ?
    Hi Oldlegs

If you click here you can view a copy of the address where you can send off your cancellation letter. 

Many thanks

Linzi

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi Oldlegs

If you click here you can view a copy of the address where you can send off your cancellation letter. 

Many thanks

Linzi
    Linzi, 
    So basically Eircom (national broadband provider !!) is telling people to write a letter to cancel as they cannot organise their call centre to answer a phone.  No wonder I am cancelling.  

Paddy, 

The CCM email address is just a standard one.  That does not look like it will work for cancellation requests.  The answer from Eircom (on this thread) is to send a letter !
    HI Oldlegs,

Never understand why people would allow a supplier to muck them around on the phone.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi Oldlegs

Many thanks

Linzi
    Linzi, 
    So basically Eircom (national broadband provider !!) is telling people to write a letter to cancel as they cannot organise their call centre to answer a phone.  No wonder I am cancelling.  
    Hi Oldlegs

eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.

Many thanks

Linzi

Paddy, 

The CCM email address is just a standard one.  That does not look like it will work for cancellation requests.  The answer from Eircom (on this thread) is to send a letter !
    HI Oldlegs,

Never understand why people would allow a supplier to muck them around on the phone.P
    Letters can get lost.

The ccm@eir.ie is not a standard one.

It is the agreed complaint email between Eir and ComReg.

ComReg won't work the issue until you have been through the Eir complaints process.

Even if ComReg don't work you have proof that you legally documented date stamped  requested cancellation.

You can now legally cancel your direct debit to stop unauthorized debits by Eir.

You have of course to pay Eir any legitimate charges.

Advertisement