Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last Board Game you played

• 10-01-2019 3:57pm

After a long evening of other games, finished with The Settlers of Catan (yes, it is old). Victory to brown, who had cities on 8 and 10, wood, wheat, ore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭chonix

We played yesterday Smallworld base game. Missus won 100 - 95. It's a great game. Defo should get expansions for it.

Finished with Glory to Rome last game session. Got royally screwed by a player with a hand size of 10 vs everyone elses four!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Fury of Dracula

Amazing game. Very tough to catch Dracula. Cannot wait to play more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Played a couple of games of Santorini at the weekend with a friend. Got beaten but an interesting game. Need to think more moves ahead! Interested to see how the Gods impact things, but some of them seem very powerful.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Played some Caverna Cave v Cave. we really dont play it enough for such a good little game. Will try get it out more often then maybe look at the expansion.

Also a couple of games of Hey Thats My Fish. Which gets ruthless quick.

• Advertisement

Played Coimbra over the weekend.
    I had a blast. End round was crucial, silent and very tense. It's god damn heavy euro (not as much as others, but it's a bit complex).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Battlestar Galactica with all expansions, as me and a group of friends play on Tabletop Sim every Sunday. 😛

Korvanica wrote: »
    Fury of Dracula

Amazing game. Very tough to catch Dracula. Cannot wait to play more of it.

I have four dark blue figures from a 1980s release of Fury. Nothing else :D

Glory to Rome again. 14 points beats 13 then 11 (me) and 8.

Mad, amazing game

Solo game of SpaceCorp which arrived last week.

Its split in to 3 eras which ive just played one a night over 3 nights, probably at about 2.5-3 hours per night. I hope that gets a lot quicker now that I know the rules.
    A nice solo experience though, some nice thinky moments and a surprising good AI system which executed the exact move I was going for which would end the game, whoever got it.

But I got trounced by the AI deck, I should hope to do much better next time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Can I ask where you ordered this from?

tks

Solo game of SpaceCorp which arrived last week.

Its split in to 3 eras which ive just played one a night over 3 nights, probably at about 2.5-3 hours per night. I hope that gets a lot quicker now that I know the rules.
    A nice solo experience though, some nice thinky moments and a surprising good AI system which executed the exact move I was going for which would end the game, whoever got it.

But I got trounced by the AI deck, I should hope to do much better next time around.

• Go..

(Go is the only board game I play really..)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The London Board Game. A roll and move with the game giving you numerous take that slaps. Good fun actually, and a nostalgia hit because we used to play as a family when I was a youngster.

Just played Ticket to Ride, fun and easy to get the hang of (and I won) and Forbidden Island where we almost won. But didn't.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

scary wrote: »
    Can I ask where you ordered this from?

tks

I ordered it directly from GMT, probably paid a bit more than I'd like to with shipping and all. But there wasnt many choices.

They seem to distribute in Europe through Second Chance Games
    https://www.secondchancegames.com:7081/

So I'd say get on to them about the availability

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Had a first play through of Cry Havoc..very good. Worked out a few rules so looking forward to the next game, hopefully this weekend.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭dango

Pandemic with OTB expansion. Can't count how many times we've played it.

We just won our first game of Forbidden Island.

Played Castle Panic with the kids, nice and simple co-op game.

Played a few games of Splendor (nice and quick engine-builder game) during the weekend. Great fun! However 15 point seems to be quite easy to achieve in 2p game if you get the nobles so home rules are required.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

chonix wrote: »
    Played a few games of Splendor (nice and quick engine-builder game) during the weekend. Great fun! However 15 point seems to be quite easy to achieve in 2p game if you get the nobles so home rules are required.

Played a three player game of this over the weekend as well, with my sister, who normally abhors boardgames. She loved it, so I left it with her so she could play with her family.

• Advertisement

Pandemic Legacy Season 2 - loving it so far!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Played the intro game for Through the Ages: A New History of Civilisation last weekend, and although it took quite a while, we both loved it and are planning a full game at the weekend. It's probably going to become one of my favorite games based on just the one play so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Played Game of Thrones The Card Gamer last night.

Slow moving, long, tons of phases and very broken cards. Loads of turns where 1 or more players could do nothing. Some of the story cards only work if other people pull other types of story cards - which is insanely luck based and can mean your card has no effect at all.

Wouldn't be bothered with it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Played Mage Knight for the first time. really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

saw this, scrabble is the sad answer but i got a real goo on for Up Front, great game hard to come by now. Many promised new production runs but nothing yet.

Played Evolution, had a blast, nice and entertaining game

Last game that got to my table was 30 Seconds. Always a lot of fun, and easy to pick up and play.

🤪

Flamme Rouge

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/199478/flamme-rouge

What a surprise! Tremendous fun. Cycling theme. Very amusing artworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Greg81

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Had a great 14 hour session on Saturday, managed to play,

Imperial,
    Tz'olkan,
    Concordia,
    And 4 games of Summoner Wars.

Advertisement