Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GDPR -new employer excluding me from communication

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

beauf wrote: »
    The issue there is a team thats so dumb they don't realise everything gets reported upwards anyway, and they they don't need to be told that explicitly.

I strongly disagree.

I've often criticized my own project team without feeling the need to inform their own direct supervisors.

If it becomes a recurring thing, then yes, I shall go to the boss in question. But I'm not going to report upwards anyway on what could be an isolated incident in a project team which is generally performing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I assume it only gets to email if you want a permanent record of something. So it must be serious. Or need recording.
    If its not serious maybe they should be told to stop emailing people with trivial squabbles.

None of that has anything to do with...

Emailing contractor details to a bunch of people who have no need to know them, and which may be commercially sensitive.
    People not getting emails they should get due to someone not knowing how to manage email lists properly.

Its unlikely to be a GDPR issue.

Advertisement