Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU to Cloud, where do I start?

Options
  • 10-01-2019 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi!
    I've been working on a project where I'm trying to connect my device (with a BX3105 wifi chip) to the cloud to save some information. Right now, it's connecting to an MQTT broker which is then using Amazon kinesis to save data to my S3, but I can't control how the data is being saved nor do I know how to retrieve the data. I'm 100% a beginner.

Basically what I want to do is being able to create user accounts on a cell phone/ web app, have them connect to my device (with the wifi chip) and have the data stream from the device to the app, but also save the data in a cloud under the user's account so that they can retrieve it later. I'm open to using other cloud services if they are better or a different method all together if there is a different and better way of doing this. Thank you for your help!! I'm happy to provide any clarification if needed :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You need a separate service to stream the data from S3 if your device is just streaming it to it.

How is the data being stored in the bucket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rashmi94

The data is being stored under it's data / time - I don't seem to have control over this. I would prefer to store the data under the username / date but I have no clue as to how to do this.

Advertisement