Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wired Comelit Quadra 8451V for automatic gates

Options
  • 10-01-2019 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Looking to get automation system in for new automated gates soon.

We have power at gates and I have ducting in place to feed cat out if required.

We have central switch & patch panel for all ethernet sockets in house.

Ideally would like a video intercom that
    - Can open close gates via app on phone
    - See person at gate via camera
    - Does not rely on internet connection while in house i.e. will work if our mobiles are connected to same home wifi network as intercom is connected to.
    - Is good quality external / internal units (Rain wont get into external unit)

- How does the Wired Comelit Quadra 8451V in this regard?
    - Can the receiver panel work from POE? (I only have cat cable wired to wall point in house where we ideally want panel)
    - Does cat cable at gate have to wire directly into receiver panel in house or could I connect external cat into our Netgear switch & separately connect internal receiver cat back to switch?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Anyone, anyone experience with this Comelit 8451V?

Advertisement