Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTTH - New Build

• 10-01-2019 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey, 

I have tried to call the sales line for the last 2 hours but i kept being on hold for around 20-40 minutes then I can hear someone pickup and then the line goes dead. 

I am looking to get FTTH set up on a new build. The connection for the Fibre is on the pole right outside my house. My neighbour beside me has it already connected up and working (since around November). I checked another neighbours Eircode who lives directly across the road from me and the system is confirming he can get it. 

I initial had to wait for nearly 3 months for my house to be issued an Eircode as this is required for the installation of FTTH. However, now when I check my Eircode it tells me that FTTH is not available at this time.

On the 6th of December I contacted Eir using Chat and was told that my name and address was not on the system and they needed to be added. I was informed this takes 5-7 working days. 
    I checked a number of times over the following weeks but the system keeps telling me FTTH is not available.

Last week I contacted Eir again using Chat and was told the request was still in process and they could not speed up this request and I need to check again in 24-48 hours.
    I checked again 2 days later and after about an hour on chat where I was provided with ever template reply they seemed to have from "Sorry it is not available in your area" to "You need to request a Landline to be installed so you appear on our system" (at a cost as well)

I do not need a landline as the FTTH will come in directly from the connection to the house over fibre cable and I will get the internet (and if I want telephone) over this connection. I know this because this is exactly how it is in my neighbours house. 

I do not want to go to the extra hassle of having a landline installed when it will not be required or used. Broadband over the landline is terrible in our area and that is why the FTTH was rolled out. 

So, I would like to please have my address set up on the system so I can arrange the installation of the FTTH or for this installation to be arranged for me if this is quicker.

I can PM any detail which are required. 

I appreciate any help you can provide because I am over a month with Eir alone trying to sort this out and it is extremely frustrating as a new customer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,693 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If your eircode is new and it's a one off new build then it won't be in any database and you won't have been included in the rollout.
    The only solution is to email fibrepower@openeir.ie with your eircode and plead to be added - if there is capacity available and you are no more than 50m away then you have a good chance of getting added.  Can take a week to get a response. Nothing eir can do as they don't make the decision about it.

Forget the "you need a landline" - waste of time and if FTTH is/will be available it will never happen anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭daithilfc

fritzelly wrote: »
    If your eircode is new and it's a one off new build then it won't be in any database and you won't have been included in the rollout.
    The only solution is to email fibrepower@openeir.ie with your eircode and plead to be added - if there is capacity available and you are no more than 50m away then you have a good chance of getting added.  Can take a week to get a response. Nothing eir can do as they don't make the decision about it.

Forget the "you need a landline" - waste of time and if FTTH is/will be available it will never happen anyway
    Thanks, I'll shoot them an email and try to get it sorted. 
    The whole rollout has been a bit of a shambles to be fair so I'm not surprised this part is as hard as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

daithilfc wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll shoot them an email and try to get it sorted. 
    The whole rollout has been a bit of a shambles to be fair so I'm not surprised this part is as hard as it is.

I'm in the same boat, doesn't seem like there's a solution coming Any time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hey, 

I have tried to call the sales line for the last 2 hours but i kept being on hold for around 20-40 minutes then I can hear someone pickup and then the line goes dead. 

I am looking to get FTTH set up on a new build. The connection for the Fibre is on the pole right outside my house. My neighbour beside me has it already connected up and working (since around November). I checked another neighbours Eircode who lives directly across the road from me and the system is confirming he can get it. 

I initial had to wait for nearly 3 months for my house to be issued an Eircode as this is required for the installation of FTTH. However, now when I check my Eircode it tells me that FTTH is not available at this time.

On the 6th of December I contacted Eir using Chat and was told that my name and address was not on the system and they needed to be added. I was informed this takes 5-7 working days. 
    I checked a number of times over the following weeks but the system keeps telling me FTTH is not available.

Last week I contacted Eir again using Chat and was told the request was still in process and they could not speed up this request and I need to check again in 24-48 hours.
    I checked again 2 days later and after about an hour on chat where I was provided with ever template reply they seemed to have from "Sorry it is not available in your area" to "You need to request a Landline to be installed so you appear on our system" (at a cost as well)

I do not need a landline as the FTTH will come in directly from the connection to the house over fibre cable and I will get the internet (and if I want telephone) over this connection. I know this because this is exactly how it is in my neighbours house. 

I do not want to go to the extra hassle of having a landline installed when it will not be required or used. Broadband over the landline is terrible in our area and that is why the FTTH was rolled out. 

So, I would like to please have my address set up on the system so I can arrange the installation of the FTTH or for this installation to be arranged for me if this is quicker.

I can PM any detail which are required. 

I appreciate any help you can provide because I am over a month with Eir alone trying to sort this out and it is extremely frustrating as a new customer.
    Hi daithillfc, 

Sorry to hear you are having issues about installing fibre. 

Could you PM the following details? 
    1. Your Full Name
    2. Your Full Address
    3. Your eircode
    4. Your DOB 
    5. Confirm the account is in your name

As soon as I receive this I will check this out for you. 

- Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gavmac101

im having the exact same issues with new house in an estate
    had kn group out to connect 3 times only to be told they had a copper job listed and i had ftth
    the cabinet is part of my boundary wall .Neighbors have fibre but open eir say although i prequal for ftth its not available yet and no timescale when it will be . im trying to sort this for 3 months and stuck in no mans land with no broadband. it has been the most frustrating process i have ever had to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

gavmac101 wrote: »
    had kn group out to connect 3 times only to be told they had a copper job listed and i had ftth
    the cabinet is part of my boundary wall .Neighbors have fibre but open eir say although i prequal for ftth its not available yet and no timescale when it will be . im trying to sort this for 3 months and stuck in no mans land with no broadband. it has been the most frustrating process i have ever had to deal with
    hi gavmac101, 

Sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your broadband. 

COuld you PM the following details and I can look into this for you?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Your DOB
    4. Account Number
    5. Are you the Account Holder. 

As soon as I get this information I can check why this is happening. 

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Good to see that things are so good at Eir that they're turning away new business.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭daithilfc

Have you tried to email the fibrepower@openeir.ie team regarding the rollout in your area? I've emailed them, not heard anything yet but as fritzelly said it can take a week.

Still banging my head against a wall trying to get support from Eir. It's so frustrating that as a new customer you are given the absolute run around when trying to get a service which is there and is available and they will be making a lot of money off you.

Have you tried to email the  team regarding the rollout in your area? I've emailed them, not heard anything yet but as fritzelly said it can take a week.

Still banging my head against a wall trying to get support from Eir. It's so frustrating that as a new customer you are given the absolute run around when trying to get a service which is there and is available and they will be making a lot of money off you.
    Yes Ive emailed twice and will continue to email everyday until they get back to me. I'm not holding my breath though!
    Its mad that they have set you up with the most modern technology (ftth) which in turn means you cant get connected ...only in this country!

hi gavmac101, 

Sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your broadband. 

COuld you PM the following details and I can look into this for you?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Your DOB
    4. Account Number
    5. Are you the Account Holder. 

As soon as I get this information I can check why this is happening. 

Grainne
    hI Grainne,

Ive have been onto to sales and loyalty at least 20 times in dealing with numerous callouts , cancelling accounts setting up new accounts etc . At this stage I'm well aware that you can't do anything for me.Ive contacted open air and will wait for their reply . The last thing Im going to do is waste more of my time and yours forwarding  details for you to tell me "computer says no ". Needless to say as soon as i get the go ahead from open air i will be opening an account with anyone but eir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pohec

Worst service I have ever experienced in my 40 year life!!! Stay away from Eir if you only can (sadly not an option for me)!!!

Long story short below-

Living in rural Co. Cork & a new property, no infrastructure existing when I moved in, I have opted in for wireless internet via NovaNetworks….

End of October 2018 an Eir door to door salesman knocks on the door & says that we are fiber ready & can order with him, I HAVE IMEDIATELLY DONE THAT (was a no-brainer)

THIS IS WHERE THE ODDISEY BEGINS –

After a storm that has brought down the NovaNetworks antenna, I have cancelled with them (of course, I have ordered with Eir & availed of better infrastructure & technology, was a no-brainer)

I was contacted by Eir contractors that they are coming & installing the infrastructure & internet, they did come, however only pulled in the cables & sorted me out with a phone line & left, saying that internet needs to be qualified by Eir before they can come again & finish the installation.

No sound from Eir for a month & when I was calling their support (multiple times within the last 3 months) I was stuck in their queue for hours before talking to a person, with no outcome, the guys check my Eircode & say that I cannot get Broadband… Funny enough, when I check my neighbors Eircode (same house – different door as I live in a duplex & he never ordered anything from anything from Eir) he can get broadband & no infrastructure in place at all, mine shows as not available.

Being annoyed with waiting in a queue I decided to take time & walk to their shop in Cork to address the problem, not only that, I have availed of their whole package (new iPhone XS with 24 month contract, Broadband, Landline, TV with 12 month contract), which they happily sold me, the rep there was great & did his best to investigate the issue & noticed that there was an issue with my Eircode & said he remediated it, I will be connected this Friday & can expect a call to confirm my Friday morning schedule…

No call came of course & due to my experience I engaged Eir Support via MyEir chat that advised me to give a call to K&N, done that, they advised me that I need to call the Eir Connections Team… I have done that also, Elisabeth there was really nice & said she’s going call me back with an update in the next hour. I was told same by Eir Support at least 5 times & no call came, so I was really happy to receive Elisabeth’s call within 30 minutes.

Now here is where the magic circle closes & starts again, Elisabeth saying that I cannot get broadband at the time on my address… I have explained the Eircode issue & the fact that my neighbor can get it (AGAIN! No infrastructure in place, he never ordered anything or wishes to atm), Elisabeth said she will be investigating internally & get back to me…

As said STAY AWAY FROM EIR if you only can as they will be hooking you up with Broadband in your grave if you are lucky & not before! WORST SERVICE EVER!!! (exceptions like David from the Eir Shop in Cork & Elisabeth from Connections Team prove the rule here), I am stuck with no broadband, phone, tv for 2,5 months now, dancing this dance with Eir that will bring me to my grave, where they will hook me up, so I can make Skype calls from hell back to living on earth.

Sorry Eir, but you suck! Give way to decent companies that are eager to do a proper quality job in Ireland!

Advertisement