Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Employment Services/ Social Welfare

Options
  • 10-01-2019 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Folks!
    I have no one to ask so decided to create a post here. 5 weeks ago I became unemployed and currently claiming JB. I am actively looking for a job however I am highly interested in part time/full time education opportunities/courses. Currently I do some research on this and have appointment with local KWTB office. However my concerns are raised because 3 years ago when I was unemployed, I got a letter to call in to Local Employment Service office and I remember this as a dreadful experience. Women was chasing me up on how many jobs I applied and what the results were. Few weeks after she try to place me for factory job even though I was qualified Sales Assistant with good two years of experience. After that I was chased by numer if phone calls and text messages from her. I felt horrific. This time, again I lost my job and she is the person I am afraid the most. Is any way of keeping her away of me? I felt just threatened. I will appreciate advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Best to post here also: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861.

Might get some good advice and personal experience on how to handle the situation.

Ultimately, if you take up education (particularly full time) your payment will probably change from JSB to some form of Back to Education allowance and you probably wont have interaction with the same set of people and the context will be totally different. If you're in full time education, you're not available for work so you wont get asked about it.

Advertisement