Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is 1 hour and 20 minutes enough for a stop over

• 10-01-2019 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Right going to Vietnam, my return flight I want to book only has a stop over 1 hour 20 minutes... stop over is in DBX airline is Qatar... is this enough time to make the connecting flight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

sonyvision wrote: »
    Right going to Vietnam, my return flight I want to book only has a stop over 1 hour 20 minutes... stop over is in DBX airline is Qatar... is this enough time to make the connecting flight?
    Qatar airlines, in Dubai? Are you sure? Are UAE and Qatar (state) not at loggerheads with sanctions and no fly areas and whatnot ?
    Theres also a closed land border if I understand it right, so there is no way to get from Qatars hub in Doha to Dubai

Are you getting this flight option through a dodgy spanish/ greek online travel agent by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sonyvision

It's DOH airport, nope it' coming up on sky scanner and on Qatar airlines website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

It's DOH airport, nope it' coming up on sky scanner and on Qatar airlines website.
    DBX (DXB is dubai) != DOH , not remotely the same

DBX (DXB is dubai) != DOH , not remotely the same

Right ok thanks.

On top is 1 hour 20 minutes enough for a connectinf flight? Or is it to optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

sonyvision wrote:
    On top is 1 hour 20 minutes enough for a connectinf flight? Or is it to optimistic.

That's enough time to change planes in Doha but you don't have much of a margin if your first flight is delayed.

• Advertisement

I went through Doha in October on way to Kathmandu. It was a very rushed transfer, about 1hr 30 minutes. It’s a fairly large Airport, clean, modern and well run etc. Should you miss flight you would be looked after well and out in one of their hotels and booked on next flight etc. They often hold flights a little when they know there’s passengers transferring and a slightly delayed incoming flight. I wouldn’t worry about it, you will probably be ok and if not you will be taken care of. So long as you are not about to start an itinerary straight off when you hit the ground in Vietnam.

I went through Doha in October on way to Kathmandu. It was a very rushed transfer, about 1hr 30 minutes. It’s a fairly large Airport, clean, modern and well run etc. Should you miss flight you would be looked after well and out in one of their hotels and booked on next flight etc. They often hold flights a little when they know there’s passengers transferring and a slightly delayed incoming flight. I wouldn’t worry about it, you will probably be ok and if not you will be taken care of. So long as you are not about to start an itinerary straight off when you hit the ground in Vietnam.

Thank you!!!, its my journey home so if I missed it I'm not really to bothered as long as I am not paying 1,000 euro to catch the next flight!!

Pulling the trigger and booking over the weekend. Now to plan the 22 odd days between arriving and leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If everything runs smoothly you should be fine but any deals and then your going to be cutting it tight

Thank you!!!, its my journey home so if I missed it I'm not really to bothered as long as I am not paying 1,000 euro to catch the next flight!!

Pulling the trigger and booking over the weekend. Now to plan the 22 odd days between arriving and leaving

You will
    Most definitely not be forking out of connection is missed. I’ve had quite a few such missed connections over the years in Amsterdam, Abu Dhabi etc, always turned out to be quite fun really will all meals covered etc. in fact last time, in Abu Dhabi, the actor Jake Gyllenhaal was sitting in seat right next to me at breakfast table in the airport hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

From experience, Connections times depend and vary on the airport and whether you need to get to another terminal and whether you have to go through security. for most airports 1 hour 20 mins is plenty of time. however as a previous poster said, if your flight is delayed then it could be cutting it tight. Personally i'd have no issues booking it, it works out well for you if its on time, less waiting around, etc and you'll get to Vietnam a lot quicker. nothing worse than having a long layover/connection.

On a separate note, i went to Vegas recently and got a connecting flight in Philly. Philly is made for connections. connection was 55mins. flight was delayed and still made the flight (just about!!!)

Advertisement