Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrical Certification for HAP / RAS

• 11-01-2019 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

(HAP / RAS = county council rental of private houses)

Looking for a recommendation for someone to certify a 2001 built 3 bed bungalow in Limerick city.

Any idea typical ball park figure? I know, how log is a piece of string, but lets assume everything is correct, and there was the bar minimum (which there was!) of outlets etc installed at the time of build.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

CGI_3 wrote:
    Looking for a recommendation for someone to certify a 2001 built 3 bed bungalow in Limerick city.

CGI_3 wrote:
    Any idea typical ball park figure? I know, how log is a piece of string, but lets assume everything is correct, and there was the bar minimum (which there was!) of outlets etc installed at the time of build.

CGI_3 wrote:
    (HAP / RAS = county council rental of private houses)

I recently had to get a cert for a property - three bed terraced house - which had been vacant for over two years and where the supply had been disconnected. I used WKS Electrical Services. The cost was 850 euro. There was little enough work involved. The job took four hours to complete - inspection of the meter and sockets and bonding of the pipework in the bathroom and kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

chicorytip wrote: »
    I recently had to get a cert for a property - three bed terraced house - which had been vacant for over two years and where the supply had been disconnected. I used WKS Electrical Services. The cost was 850 euro. There was little enough work involved. The job took four hours to complete - inspection of the meter and sockets and bonding of the pipework in the bathroom and kitchen.

That sounds steep...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

CGI_3 wrote:
    That sounds steep...

I thought so too but, apparently, this is around the amount any RECI will charge for this particular type of job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

My guy charged me 120 euro for a 4 bed semi Limerick city. PM me for number

Advertisement