Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

tgdaly wrote: »
    I'm just wondering, in the E tray part, for the timed responses (ie the one's where the say I need a reply within x minutes) was it enough to hit "save and close" or did you have to hit "submit" for it to be regarded as being on time?

I just hit save and close on all my answers, didn't hit submit in case I wanted to come back to anything before the end and I assumed everything saved would automatically be submitted at the end? But hadn't considered the urgent emails till now

From what I remember, there was one that had to be completed in the timeframe that you were supposed to just "save" and one that was supposed to be "sent".

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Shiversred wrote: »
    Anyone any advise - Nervous Nelly here

Do as many practice numerical and verbal tests as you can stomach. If you can work on your typing skills, great. After that, just try to remain calm on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

Could I please just ask the people that had Kildare as one of their chosen regions, and did their supervised tests this week, do you know when the results are coming out? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Summer2019 wrote: »
    Could I please just ask the people that had Kildare as one of their chosen regions, and did their supervised tests this week, do you know when the results are coming out? Thanks

I did my tests last week and they said it will be up to 6 weeks for the results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭lisabiscuit

I sat the stage 2 exam in Dublin today. I had never done anything like that e-tray section. Not very hopeful about the whole thing. They did say it would be at least 6 weeks for results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Numerical is fine... Verbal a bit mixed.... Etray is tight with all the pesky emails. Make sure to get very familiar with the practise notes for etray... Will save you lots of reading time

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

Annie K64 wrote: »
    I did my tests last week and they said it will be up to 6 weeks for the results

Thanks to all, for your reply. So another long wait ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 fitzy1989

Just contacted PAS. They have called up to 170 on the Kerry open EO panel for exams and up to 223 on the open EO panel for Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I’m number 80 on the Kerry Open Panel and I haven’t heard a thing pad of yet

• Advertisement

That is the update they gave me this morning :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

fitzy1989 wrote: »
    Just contacted PAS. They have called up to 170 on the Kerry open EO panel for exams and up to 223 on the open EO panel for Limerick.

You dont happen to know if they are calling seperately on the interdepartmental panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Drieneba44!

does anyone know how far in Galway & Clare they are? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

I was 94 on the Kerry Open panel and I was called, did the tests on Monday. You should probably contact PAS.

I was 94 on the Kerry Open panel and I was called, did the tests on Monday. You should probably contact PAS.

Kerry was my second choice and I was OOM 90 so do I only get called for testing for my first choice then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MariaLols

Anyone know have the Carlow or Kilkenny tests taken place yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Kerry was my second choice and I was OOM 90 so do I only get called for testing for my first choice then?

I thought that they would call you for tests if the reached your OOM in either your first or second choice, but I'm not 100% sure.

I thought that they would call you for tests if the reached your OOM in either your first or second choice, but I'm not 100% sure.

That’s what I thought too has anyone got a number for them might call them tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

That’s what I thought too has anyone got a number for them might call them tomorrow

Or you could Google PAS or look at the website!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya u should definitely call them, Kerry was my second choice n I was called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Or you could Google PAS or look at the website!!!

Yep, part of being a good executive officer will be being able to research answers for yourself :)

• Advertisement

kriordan22 wrote: »
    You dont happen to know if they are calling seperately on the interdepartmental panel?

Hi

Yes they are calling seperately for interdepartmental panel. They said the number but I forget what she said to be honest.

The number to contact them is 018587400

Someone else posted that from the dublin competition they had the results in 4 weeks (even though they were told 6).

The first week of tests was 4 weeks ago now, do you think there is any hope of some results today? :p

I did it the very first day of testing so this feels like its going on ages to me, just want to know how it went now lol :D:p

Emailed them, no results til May while they are still testing.

MedPsych wrote: »
    Emailed them, no results til May while they are still testing.

I wonder if all the people who've tested to date at stage 2 will be in batch 1?

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I wonder if all the people who've tested to date at stage 2 will be in batch 1?

Well I know I was batch one for sure, and in my email I asked about batch 1, so the implication is that they are still testing for batch 1 at the mo but if so that seems like an awful lot of people! Like they said 6 weeks on the day, but results in May makes it more like 8-12 weeks. Or if they are still testing then its probably gonna be 6 weeks from the last tests, whenever they occur...
    I just hate all the waiting around with these competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Was Friday the last day of testing? I did them less than 2 weeks ago and the wait is killing me!

Was Friday the last day of testing? I did them less than 2 weeks ago and the wait is killing me!

I did tests on Tuesday 26th March , and it was the latest possible date I could book. So not sure if that was the final day.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I did tests on Tuesday 26th March , and it was the latest possible date I could book. So not sure if that was the final day.

My money would be getting the results the Friday of the May bank holiday...hopefully we will all have something to celebrate. ðŸ™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

My money would be getting the results the Friday of the May bank holiday...hopefully we will all have something to celebrate. ðŸ™

Or be drowning our sorrows :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cbarr13

Hi guys, does anyone know how many have been called up to EO Stage 2 for Donegal or Sligo regions so far? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angelic123

Cbarr13 wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone know how many have been called up to EO Stage 2 for Donegal or Sligo regions so far? TIA

You can ring PAS they’ll tell you. I rang this morning about limerick and clare they said only 8 counties have been called so far and clare hasn’t been, but she told me where they were with Limerick

angelic123 wrote: »
    You can ring PAS they’ll tell you. I rang this morning about limerick and clare they said only 8 counties have been called so far and clare hasn’t been, but she told me where they were with Limerick

Can I ask where they said they were with Limerick, if you dont mind? Its my first choice and the one I was called for testing on. When I contacted them they just said they hadn't finished testing yet, didnt think to ask them the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angelic123

Can I ask where they said they were with Limerick, if you dont mind? Its my first choice and the one I was called for testing on. When I contacted them they just said they hadn't finished testing yet, didnt think to ask them the numbers.

Hi they’ve called up to 223 so far.. I haven’t been called yet, she said it’ll go on for months

angelic123 wrote: »
    Hi they’ve called up to 223 so far.. I haven’t been called yet, she said it’ll go on for months

Thanks for that! Its good to know what kind of numbers are currently in the running!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

Thanks for that! Its good to know what kind of numbers are currently in the running!

how many jobs would there be from this panel?

its hard to tell from reading 2016 thread but looks like 3 or so batches called after passing interview. thats less than 100 jobs with some waiting nearly 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Joem123556

Hi just wondering if anyone knows the test provider so I can practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Hi anyone called for Westmeath or Roscommon yet. I'm in early 100's for roscommon and mid 200's for westmeath.
    Also apart from the sample tests on publicjobs websites is there anywhere else you can get practice in for the tests should I be called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hi anyone called for Westmeath or Roscommon yet. I'm in early 100's for roscommon and mid 200's for westmeath.
    Also apart from the sample tests on publicjobs websites is there anywhere else you can get practice in for the tests should I be called.

Westmeath and Roscommon havent been called at all yet. Only about 8 counties have been called so far and the rest wont be called until the Summer or so I've read on this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Just wondering how many have been called to stage 2 from Cork? Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Rikand wrote: »
    Westmeath and Roscommon havent been called at all yet. Only about 8 counties have been called so far and the rest wont be called until the Summer or so I've read on this thread :)

So where are they filling EO positions from? Are they still using the 2016 panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Hi All,

Revenue are advertising for Executive Officer - Tax, Audit and Compliance in Revenue 2019 Campaign - for Dublin Only

Anyone interested in Dublin should check out the website:

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/information-about-revenue/careers/career-opportunities.aspx

Closing Date and Time: Thursday 25th April 2019 at 1pm.

Information Booklet attached

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

Is the supervised testing still ongoing?

Csk2019 wrote: »
    Is the supervised testing still ongoing?

It was when I contacted them last Friday, but I dont know if it is still now. Give them an email, they are generally very good to reply to these things :)

It was when I contacted them last Friday, but I dont know if it is still now. Give them an email, they are generally very good to reply to these things :)

More being nosey if anyone here is due to go up or has this round of testing finished. To be fair they said six weeks so will just have to sit tight! By the sounds of it we might have a bit of a wait!

Csk2019 wrote: »
    More being nosey if anyone here is due to go up or has this round of testing finished. To be fair they said six weeks so will just have to sit tight! By the sounds of it we might have a bit of a wait!

Aye! Well I did it on the 5th of March and was told 6 weeks then - its been 4 and when I contacted them they were saying it will now be May so... :confused: I dunno! Its hard to predict! If there is still testing going on it could be later again. Getting tired of waiting now lol just want to know one way or another! I still hold out hope every Friday that maybe there will be some news :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭TheJet

When you get called for Stage 2 (Open) are you told what location you are being invited to test for.

TheJet wrote: »
    When you get called for Stage 2 (Open) are you told what location you are being invited to test for.

I only applied for one location. On the top of my invite it had "Regions" followed by eight counties. No ref to my specific county though in body of msg, only that it was listed above in the regions. Hope that helps.

TheJet wrote: »

My invite had the list of counties that were being called and only one of them was one I had applied for so it was clear, but I don't think it was specified.

They will only call you once to sit the test in any case so it doesn't matter which county you are called under - your score will carry for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Has anyone received results yet for the supervised tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭BookNerd

Nothing yet. They said less than three weeks ago that it could be up to six weeks so I'm not expecting anything before May

• Advertisement
Advertisement