Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Meke2006

Spreefeet wrote: »
    I was ninth in Sligo called for interview next week.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 keelson

Is everybody called for interview next week off the open panel? Anyone called for interdepartmental?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DrShera

Can anyone tell me how the EO panel works? Are you offered expressions of interest that you can pass on and still remain on the panel or is it one job offer and either take it or lose your place?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Davio

I've been placed in the 50s in Kildare. Could anyone tell me when I may be called for interview (and if successful at same, when might I be placed)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Is their really much movement in the rankings after the interview or is it just most people tick the boxes and retain their positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

mdwexford wrote: »
    Is their really much movement in the rankings after the interview or is it just most people tick the boxes and retain their positions?
    My previous experience is that it's a complete new ranking. Basically scored for each competency and overall score determines oom. Need to pass all competencies. I assume it is still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭BookNerd

mdwexford wrote: »

I went from 180s to top 5 so definitely a completely new ranking

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Meke2006 wrote: »
    Anyone in sligo get interview ?

Im high teens for sligo and no word yet. Im in the top 10 on the interdept panel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

DrShera wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how the EO panel works? Are you offered expressions of interest that you can pass on and still remain on the panel or is it one job offer and either take it or lose your place?

Sometimes they will take into consideration distance but I think it's really at their discretion if they let you pass on an offer and leave you on the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Animallover1234

Davio wrote: »
    I've been placed in the 50s in Kildare. Could anyone tell me when I may be called for interview (and if successful at same, when might I be placed)?

I am placed in the 30s for Kildare too, know if any of Kildare has been called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tgdaly

I am placed in the 30s for Kildare too, know if any of Kildare has been called for interview?

I was 17 in Kildare and called

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cusol

tgdaly wrote: »
    I was 17 in Kildare and called

Hi congrats on your results, can I ask is that open or interdepartmental? I’m 10 and haven’t been called?

Cusol wrote: »
    Hi congrats on your results, can I ask is that open or interdepartmental? I’m 10 and haven’t been called?
    I'm in the open stream

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

anyone called for kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Anyone know what up to what number in Wexford was called for interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

Annie K64 wrote: »

I'm low 60s and haven't been called yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spreefeet

Meke2006 wrote: »
    I was ninth in Sligo called for interview next week.

Best of luck
    Thanks we're you not called what position we're you.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

finla wrote: »
    I'm low 60s and haven't been called yet.

I'm 12 and haven't been called

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Meke2006

Thanks we're you not called what position we're you.

27 nothing yet ..

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lorness

Any movement for interviews for mayo yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Roxy6

Has anyone in Leitrim or Roscommon heard anything yet? I haven't heard anything since the first online test and I had a high-ish OOM.

lorness wrote: »
    Any movement for interviews for mayo yet?

I'm in next week

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Biffo1991

Hi All,

I have been offered an EO Role within the Department Of Education.

Has anyone any experiences working in the Department Of Ed and what the role entails?

Many Thanks

BookNerd wrote: »
    I'm in next week

Do you mind me asking what oom are you and is it through open or the inter. Dept you got called from

lorness wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what oom are you and is it through open or the inter. Dept you got called from

I'm OOM number 5 and it's the open comp I was called for

I'm OOM number 5 and it's the open comp I was called for
    Ah brilliant well done best of luck with the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wextunce

Annie K64 wrote: »
    I think first 9 or 10 called for interview in Wexford-Open and numbers 1 to 3 called for interview for Wexford - InterD so far

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

Anybody called for interview limerick yet? Not much notice for the ones called so far.

I wonder is there a batch 1.1

Im batch 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bigredbus

Biffo1991 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have been offered an EO Role within the Department Of Education.

Has anyone any experiences working in the Department Of Ed and what the role entails?

Many Thanks

What office location in Education? I didn't think they had called anyone from Offaly or westmeath yet? Are you on the 2016 panel or the new panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

anyone called for kerry

I applied for Kerry and I have been called for interview next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I applied for Kerry and I have been called for interview next week.

Were you in the top 20?

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Were you in the top 20?

Yes

Yes

Well done. Im in the 70s for Cork. Hoping they will get that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 fizzylizzy

Anybody called for interview limerick yet? Not much notice for the ones called so far.

I wonder is there a batch 1.1

Im batch 1

Yes I've an interview next week for Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

what number you fizz

Anyone above oom 20 called for interview in any county? Just trying to gauge how far up they called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Roxy6 wrote: »
    Has anyone in Leitrim or Roscommon heard anything yet? I haven't heard anything since the first online test and I had a high-ish OOM.

June at the earliest - could be up until August

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Anyone above oom 20 called for interview in any county? Just trying to gauge how far up they called.

I am just under the 20 mark, I have my interview on Friday. The interview days I could choose from was Tuesday the 29th to Friday the 31st, so I imagine they will call more to interview in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 fizzylizzy

what number you fizz
    My oom is 5, hard to gauge how many have been called there weren’t a lot of slots to chose from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

Hi all,
    Anyone having trouble acquiring written references in the short time frame for interview? Tuesday was the only day that worked for me to go so I had to take it, but it meant I've only got like 4 days to get a reference. I haven't been in touch with the employer in over a year and she tends to be out of the country this time of year. I've emailed as that's the best way to get her but I've had no reply yet. Panicking I won't have something in time.
    Anyone know is there anything acceptable I can bring instead if they haven't got back to me? Can i give her contact details instead?

MedPsych wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Anyone having trouble acquiring written references in the short time frame for interview? Tuesday was the only day that worked for me to go so I had to take it, but it meant I've only got like 4 days to get a reference. I haven't been in touch with the employer in over a year and she tends to be out of the country this time of year. I've emailed as that's the best way to get her but I've had no reply yet. Panicking I won't have something in time.
    Anyone know is there anything acceptable I can bring instead if they haven't got back to me? Can i give her contact details instead?

Did they request them? My last PAS interview in October didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

Did they request them? My last PAS interview in October didn't

Yup it's in the familiarisation material, plus a few other forms, photos, id etc, there's like 6/7 things you have to bring to the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Yup it's in the familiarisation material, plus a few other forms, photos, id etc, there's like 6/7 things you have to bring to the interview

There won’t be a problem, I’m sure others will be in the same boat, just tell them you will provide them as soon as possible.

Is it necessary to bring the passport photos and photocopy of ID with us again? Surely they've still got the copies provided during stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Anyone called for interview for Galway?

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, just to double check, what do we have to bring with us to interview? And where is the list?

I would have thought references was only something they'd bother asking for if you actually pass the interview and they offer you a position (from previous experience with pas)

Hi all,

I emailed because it says to bring a reference covering last three years but can't be your current employer. I am with my employer more than three years so wasn't sure what to do.

Got this response
    "If you are unable to provide references on the day there is no need to worry as if you are successful at interview stage these can be collected at a later date."

tgdaly wrote: »
    Sorry lads, just to double check, what do we have to bring with us to interview? And where is the list?

I would have thought references was only something they'd bother asking for if you actually pass the interview and they offer you a position (from previous experience with pas)

It's in the familiarisation message you got when invited to stage 3. The links are in the document

Interview Checklist:
    Before you arrive for interview, please ensure that you have the following items with you:

(a) The original version and 1 copy of the educational qualifications under which you claim eligibility for this competition (if applicable)

(b) Original Photographic ID and 1 copy

(c) 2 x Passport sized photographs

(d) Original and 1 copy of employer references to cover the last 3 years.  Please do not include a reference from your current employer. This document is not necessary if you are a currently serving civil servant.

(e) Completed Health and Character form which should be downloaded on the link below

(f) Completed Current Employer Reference which should be downloaded on the link below

Please note this document does not need to be completed by currently serving Civil Servants.

(g) The Garda e-Vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form on the link below along with the requested identification documents.

Please note the Garda vetting document does not need to be completed by currently serving Civil Servants.

It's in the familiarisation message you got when invited to stage 3. The links are in the document

Interview Checklist:
    Before you arrive for interview, please ensure that you have the following items with you:

(a) The original version and 1 copy of the educational qualifications under which you claim eligibility for this competition (if applicable)

(b) Original Photographic ID and 1 copy

(c) 2 x Passport sized photographs

(d) Original and 1 copy of employer references to cover the last 3 years.  Please do not include a reference from your current employer. This document is not necessary if you are a currently serving civil servant.

(e) Completed Health and Character form which should be downloaded on the link below

(f) Completed Current Employer Reference which should be downloaded on the link below

Please note this document does not need to be completed by currently serving Civil Servants.

(g) The Garda e-Vetting Invitation and ID Validation Form on the link below along with the requested identification documents.

Please note the Garda vetting document does not need to be completed by currently serving Civil Servants.

Thanks for that. I'm currently working as a clerical officer in a department but I'm on probation, I assume I'm still ok regarding not having to bring references?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Is everyone bringing a reference from their current employer? I mean it seems a bit premature....very awkward if you don’t pass the interview.

• Advertisement
Advertisement