Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

eroc79 wrote: »
    No that was open. I was top 10 for the inter but I was called to interview off the open panel

Just a heads up, if you take a position off an open panel and are an existing civil servant you may have to "mark time" which means you will go to the point on the scale above what you are on as a CO but you will remain on that point until the new entrants that started with you reaches that point. That was the case a few years ago when a few existing civil servants got caught out, unions had been trying to fight it, maybe they have since changed it. Someone here might be able to confirm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

sallysue2 wrote: »
    Just a heads up, if you take a position off an open panel and are an existing civil servant you may have to "mark time" which means you will go to the point on the scale above what you are on as a CO but you will remain on that point until the new entrants that started with you reaches that point. That was the case a few years ago when a few existing civil servants got caught out, unions had been trying to fight it, maybe they have since changed it. Someone here might be able to confirm....

Mark time has been done away with as of last year I believe. I was reading the circular on it last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

sallysue2 wrote: »

Thanks but it's from the inter panel I've been contacted about. Also, I'm not a co that long so the first point on eo scale is still above where I am currently

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Thanks but it's from the inter panel I've been contacted about. Also, I'm not a co that long so the first point on eo scale is still above where I am currently

I wonder if that is usual that they would interview you from the Open panel and place you as an Interdepartmental candidate if they haven’t interviewed anyone on the inter panel yet.
    I understand it would only be a matter of time before you would have been called from the Interdepartmental anyway and I’m happy for you but I think if they interviewed from the Open competition only they should make the placement an Open placement.

Samjd wrote: »
    I wonder if that is usual that they would interview you from the Open panel and place you as an Interdepartmental candidate if they haven’t interviewed anyone on the inter panel yet.
    I understand it would only be a matter of time before you would have been called from the Interdepartmental anyway and I’m happy for you but I think if they interviewed from the Open competition only they should make the placement an Open placement.

I think they took about 10 from the inter to interview too which would have included my number too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I think they took about 10 from the inter to interview too which would have included my number too.

Have you enquired about staying in your current Department?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

If you aren't long a CO, how did you qualify for the inter panel? I thought u had to have 2 years at CO role?

bubsicle wrote: »
    If you aren't long a CO, how did you qualify for the inter panel? I thought u had to have 2 years at CO role?

I don't consider 4 years very long

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Anyone from the open panel contacted with a job offer yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lin1985

Anyone from the open panel contacted with a job offer yet?

Still waiting on my clearance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Anyone further called for clearance? Outside of top 2 or 3 in a county?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sudzy25

Any update on Meath and Kildare panels?

Anyone in Cork,Kerry or Limerick called for interview in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Deegene

Hi
    I emailed Pas yesterday about Kerry and this is the reply I got:
    For stage 2 testing in Kerry, we have invited up to #170 from the open order of merit and #63 from the interdepartmental.
    For Interview, we have invited up to #10 from the open order of merit and #6 from the interdepartmental.
    We hope to hold more interviews for EO 2019 over the summer but this hasn’t been confirmed as of yet. We won’t know what counties we will be calling until closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gambon

Got email from PAS this morning and so far in Tipperary they have called 63 Open and 23 Interdepartmental to stage 2 testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

How many called in wexford so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 og5

I got this back abut Sligo about the interview stage

"So far we have called 14 Open and 6 Interdepartmental for Sligo. We have no further plans at the moment to call anyone further"

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AmandaB88

The Sligo panel has not had any movement since it was created either! I’m losing hope rapidly that I will get a position and I’m in the top 10 after interview. So frustrating.
    og5 wrote: »
    I got this back abut Sligo about the interview stage

"So far we have called 14 Open and 6 Interdepartmental for Sligo. We have no further plans at the moment to call anyone further"

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MsMojave

Got this earlier if anyone is curious

“We have so far called 55 Open 23 Interdepartmental for Laois and 186 Open 65 Interdepartmental Kildare. If and when we reach your order of merit, we will notify you via your message board.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

I emailed to inquire what the Galway status was for the next stage and received this reply:

"We have so far called 12 Open and 6 Interdepartmental for Galway. We have no further plans at present to call any further candidates to interview. However, if and when we do and should we reach your order of merit, we will notify you via your message board."

I am OoM 58 for Galway after stage 2 tests so can someone tell me what are my chances of ever being called? Dare I hope or am I delusional?

Maestro85 wrote: »
    I emailed to inquire what the Galway status was for the next stage and received this reply:

"We have so far called 12 Open and 6 Interdepartmental for Galway. We have no further plans at present to call any further candidates to interview. However, if and when we do and should we reach your order of merit, we will notify you via your message board."

I am OoM 58 for Galway after stage 2 tests so can someone tell me what are my chances of ever being called? Dare I hope or am I delusional?

Was disappointed at the small number called to interview in batch 1.1. I am in the 70s oom Cork after stage 2. I think we might have to wait, but I think other batch one people should get a call at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Loulou67

Just in case anyone is interested I checked with PAS and they called 25 people to interview after stage 2 in Cork. I only asked about open so they didn't mention interdepartmental.

Loulou67 wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is interested I checked with PAS and they called 25 people to interview after stage 2 in Cork. I only asked about open so they didn't mention interdepartmental.

Loulou, did they mention anything about further interviews for Cork over the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Loulou67

They just gave the generic response of no further plans at this time and we'll be notified through the message board if they do have anymore.

Loulou67 wrote: »
    They just gave the generic response of no further plans at this time and we'll be notified through the message board if they do have anymore.

Here's hoping anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Chalkybot

Has anyone been placed in a position in Wexford yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

Offaly stage 2 results released this afternoon, not sure how many they will call to interview though.

RC01 wrote: »
    Offaly stage 2 results released this afternoon, not sure how many they will call to interview though.

Tipperary results came out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Queenscruffy

I phoned pas and they said that they called up to no 53 in the open and 20 Inter-d for Westmeath.
    It seems like a very small number considering what they called from other competitions, I.e.
    Galway 225 open 60 Inter-d
    Kerry 170 open. 63 Inter d
    Kildare 186 open. 65 Inter d
    Tipperary 63 open. 23 inter d
    Laois 55 open. 23 inter d.

I have already completed stage 2 for another county and know if they reached my Oom for stage 2 Westmeath that I would be in the top 10 for interview based on a coworkers score. It seems very unfair that there is no consistency to the numbers being called for stage 2. Especially considering that stage 1 was unsupervised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suzyk

Hi anyone know if Cavan has been called yet for stage 2 supervised assessments.
    Also has anyone got an idea when you will be notified if you are being called for interview from todays results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

says: It is expected that interviews for the highest placed candidates in some regions will take place the week commencing 5th and 12th of August 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chalkybot

Any word on what stage Waterford are at

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

Does anyone know what are the maximum scores on the 3 different elements of stage 2?

RC01 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what are the maximum scores on the 3 different elements of stage 2?

800. Only verbal and Etray are taken into account. But you must also pass numerical.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Steph1234

Tipperary results came out too.

Monaghan results released also.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ros260

Anyone have any idea how many people the generally interview for smaller counties. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭BookNerd

ros260 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how many people the generally interview for smaller counties. Many thanks

For Mayo I think they only brought about 20 to interview. Smaller counties could possibly be less.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RandomUser17

I got placed oom 5 in roscommon. I presume I will be called for interview? Is there somewhere I can find tips on how to prepare for the interview?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ros260

It seems very strange the differences in placing for example after stage 1 I was in the 30s for both roscommon and leitrim but after stage 2 I am 13 in roscommon and down in 33 for leitrim. Seems like a mistake or something or is it a case when more people get called to stage 2 your position can change?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RedBarchetta

ros260 wrote: »
    It seems very strange the differences in placing for example after stage 1 I was in the 30s for both roscommon and leitrim but after stage 2 I am 13 in roscommon and down in 33 for leitrim. Seems like a mistake or something or is it a case when more people get called to stage 2 your position can change?

You could move up if some from Stage 1 decided not to sit the Stage 2 assessment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 suzyk

you can move up or down depending on your performance at each stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Anybody been called for offaly/westmeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭pengaffe

Any body receive interview invite? I can’t seem to book my interview time?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

pengaffe wrote: »
    Any body receive interview invite? I can’t seem to book my interview time?

I got an invite, no problems with booking a time.

Annie K64 wrote: »
    I got an invite, no problems with booking a time.

Which county? Please and thanks

Which county? Please and thanks

Wexford. Just received another message saying to disregard the message with the interview invite as it contained an error.
    Any idea what that could be about?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭osullic

Wexford. Just received another message saying to disregard the message with the interview invite as it contained an error.

Just got the same.
    Very unusual!

Not sure, I'm Wexford but heard nothing. When was it for? What's your OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TK2019

Not sure, I'm Wexford but heard nothing. When was it for? What's your OOM?

I’m 14th. Booked the interview and got that message saying disregard

• Advertisement

osullic wrote: »
    Just got the same.
    Very unusual!

Thank god its not just me. Was getting very worried.

Advertisement