Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭BookNerd

MissyS12 wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering what ur oom is. I am in the top 5 for Mayo, just curious is there much movement. TIA ��

Just wondering if you've heard anything in terms of being placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DrShera

Had my interview today. Chairperson took me through my CV, then asked me questions related to People Management and Analysis and Decision Making. Then another board member took me through Delivering Results, Communication Skills, and Commitment to Public Service and Self Development, which I had prepared as two separate competencies but were actually rolled into one. The third board member only took notes. Each competency was given roughly 5/6 minutes and they clearly indicated when they were moving from one to another. No surprise questions and they gave me time at the end to add anything I felt hadn't been covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TK2019

How long did it take results to come out after interviews? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MissyS12

BookNerd wrote: »
    Just wondering if you've heard anything in terms of being placed?

Hi, no I have heard nothing since. I emailed PAS today and my numbers have not changed at all 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tgdaly

tgdaly wrote: »
    Have emailed PAS twice in the last week looking for a Kildare update, no reply received yet. Last update I got was July 1st, number 1 on the panel (open) had been put through for clearance. In fairness the results had only been out about 2 weeks at that stage, so I'd be hopeful that they may have reached number 3 or 4 at this stage. Will update if I hear anything concrete from them

Response received, next person to be called for Kildare open panel will be number 7

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chalkybot

TK2019 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Any idea how many they took to interview in your batch?

Thanks - 10 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JG2019

Vologda69 wrote: »
    What's your OOM roughly.... Just trying to gauge how far along they are

My oom is 40. I rang two/three weeks ago and they said they were up to 25 and then I got the email a few days later so I think they might be calling in groups of 25 which would mean there up to 50 but that’s just my guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Vologda69

JG2019 wrote: »
    My oom is 40. I rang two/three weeks ago and they said they were up to 25 and then I got the email a few days later so I think they might be calling in groups of 25 which would mean there up to 50 but that’s just my guess!

Thanks for that. So you're batch 1.2 im guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

Chalkybot wrote: »
    My OOM was reached in Wexford for placement - I was 6th just a heads up if anyone was wondering :)
    Congrats!
    OOM 6 on the open or interdepartmental?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

Thanks for that. So you're batch 1.2 im guessing?

Guys is this for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

Has anyone from Westmeath or Offaly been called for interview yet?

Csk2019 wrote: »
    Guys is this for Cork?

Yeah....think batch 1.1 has already been called for interview. Now on batch 1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pseudonymised

Anyone know which date will be the end of the current interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

Yeah....think batch 1.1 has already been called for interview. Now on batch 1.2

Thanks. I emailed PAS the day of the last round of people been called to interview and they said up to 25 on open and 7 on inter had been called to interview. Obviously they called another round after that. Good to see movement!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Meke2006

Update received today re Leitrim and Sligo and how many called to interview stage ......

We have so far called 15 Open 6 Interdepartmental for Leitrim and 14 Open 6 Interdepartmental for Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Update for Limerick:

"From batch 1, we have invited 12 from the open OOM in Limerick to interview and up to 2 on the OOM from the Interdepartmental"

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Anyone been to interview this week? Did anyone find it tough? I had mine, answered all questions but feel I messed it up.

Annie K64 wrote: »
    Anyone been to interview this week? Did anyone find it tough? I had mine, answered all questions but feel I messed it up.

Any questions that you got stuck on? How did you find the interviewers

Any questions that you got stuck on? How did you find the interviewers

The interviewers were actually very nice. I answered the questions as best I could but I felt they didnt give enough time to explain or talk about a certain topic. They cut me off and said we're moving on to the next topic. It's my first EO interview so very unsure if I did enough to pass it

Annie K64 wrote: »
    The interviewers were actually very nice. I answered the questions as best I could but I felt they didnt give enough time to explain or talk about a certain topic. They cut me off and said we're moving on to the next topic. It's my first EO interview so very unsure if I did enough to pass it

I'm sure you did much better than you thought. Least it's behind you now. Hoping to get the interview call soon.

• Advertisement

I'm sure you did much better than you thought. Least it's behind you now. Hoping to get the interview call soon.

Best of luck, just be well prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭pengaffe

Does anybody know if you can amend your application form prior to interview. I only just reviewed my application form and realised i barely put any information in (although this could be a blessing).

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

pengaffe wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you can amend your application form prior to interview. I only just reviewed my application form and realised i barely put any information in (although this could be a blessing).

I don’t think so, but the interviewers start off by going through your application and if there is anything you want to add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Lin1985 wrote: »
    Yes they asked me before they contacted them. The reference they provided was just a statement of employment which has not been accepted so I’m still waiting as my boss I away.

Hi Lin, can I ask have you been placed yet? What's the average waiting time between receiving an offer and actually starting a position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 Punklion

RC01 wrote: »
    Has anyone from Westmeath or Offaly been called for interview yet?

I had an interview for Westmeath/offaly last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upset12

Punklion wrote: »

Do you mind me asking what number on the panel you are? Or do you know how many they have called for interview?
    Thanks

upset12 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what number on the panel you are? Or do you know how many they have called for interview?
    Thanks

Interdepartmental westmeath 3 and offaly 4
    OOM westmeath 10 and offaly 6. I do not know how many were called for interview.

Could anyone tell me how long it took to hear back from your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upset12

Interdepartmental westmeath 3 and offaly 4
    OOM westmeath 10 and offaly 6. I do not know how many were called for interview.
    Thank you, best of luck with your interview 😊

Hope it went well, thanks for the update 😊

• Advertisement

upset12 wrote: »
    Thank you, best of luck with your interview 😊

I was number 11 on open so must not have went past 10 anyway

I emailed PAS the other day and they advised me that no candidates have been placed in Mayo yet for the panel.
    Seems even when past the interview stage it's still a long waiting game..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

pengaffe wrote: »

It'll be fine. They don't place much emphasis on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Miss.Susie

BookNerd wrote: »
    I emailed PAS the other day and they advised me that no candidates have been placed in Mayo yet for the panel.
    Seems even when past the interview stage it's still a long waiting game..........

Just to let you know that I’m on the Mayo panel and received my assignment notice 6 weeks ago. Still no further information about the post and still no start date. I’m waiting on the HR team in my new department to get in touch.

Up to OOM 51 open and 17 inter departmental in Cork now for interviews

Miss.Susie wrote: »
    Just to let you know that I’m on the Mayo panel and received my assignment notice 6 weeks ago. Still no further information about the post and still no start date. I’m waiting on the HR team in my new department to get in touch.

The way the reply was phrased made me think that nobody was placed yet but that people had gotten their assignment (which is what I asked)
    They basically told me how many people had to be placed ahead of me which was the same as my OOM.
    Hopefully things start moving after the summer
    Best of luck with your placement

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Taurus1

E-mailed PAS and this is where they are for Tipperary.

We have so far called 20 Open 9 Interdepartmental to interview for Tipperary and the interviews are currently taking place. If and when we go ahead with further interviews and should we reach your order of merit, we will notify you via your message board.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Any update on Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

Any update Louth or Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

Anyone know how many called for interview in Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jcaff

Dariunmes1 wrote: »
    Any update Louth or Meath

I was OoM 1 for meath, and had my interview last Thursday, still waiting to hear back from them about how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lin1985

Hi Lin, can I ask have you been placed yet? What's the average waiting time between receiving an offer and actually starting a position?

Hi I’m staring on the 7th of October but that’s because I needed more time to move I imagine it would have been 4 weeks if not.

Once I got my placement details o contacted HR myself rather than wait for them to contact me

Update from PAS re Wicklow

No one has been called to stage 2 and they have no plans currently to call anyone.

Anyone know how many called for interview in Wexford?

I think top 20 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RandomUser17

I had interview for co roscommon last Tuesday and was told it would be September before I hear anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ros260

Anyone hear anything about roscommon interviews thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RandomUser17

ros260 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about roscommon interviews thanks

I had interview for co roscommon last Tuesday and was told it would be September before I hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

Update for Limerick:

"From batch 1, we have invited 12 from the open OOM in Limerick to interview and up to 2 on the OOM from the Interdepartmental"

Was that recently?

I already did an interview like over a month ago and my OOM was 4 in batch 1 for Limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Hi .

Anyone have any general tips for interviews ? My wife has one coming up and hasn’t worked in public sector before so any advise is welcome ! Is it just a matter of giving good competency examples?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Daz_ wrote: »
    Hi .

Anyone have any general tips for interviews ? My wife has one coming up and hasn’t worked in public sector before so any advise is welcome ! Is it just a matter of giving good competency examples?
    Thanks

More or less.

Follow the given competencies from their interview preparation and have at least 2-3 examples prepared. I havent done the EO one, but thats how it was for the CO one and despite having about 12 scenarios prepared, I was still called upon to think up a 13th at the end of the interview. I did finish 1st in Westmeath for CO after the interview though so it definitely pays to have that sort of preparation made

• Advertisement
Advertisement