Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone get a job in Dublin lately? I did exams in March and placed 38 in Interdepartmental

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rusty1983

How may have been called for interview for Laois?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NualaBNuala

Alan1473 wrote: »
    This is brilliant news, no movement for Clare since I sat the supervised tests in February 2019 - I thought it was over though I was placed high also.

I wonder how many they interviewed for Clare starting off?

Same situation for me. :/ how do we go about getting an update that is not a generic response.

any updates for Clare or Limerick. :/ how do we go about getting an update from the public appointments service that is not a generic response? This is very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

Hi Nuala

Guy in last page said they had interviewed up to 7 in order of merit.

When I last asked about Limerick they had interviewed up to 30 on open panel and didnt plan on interviewing more at that time.

If you mean actual job placements I dont know. Have you done the interview?

I dont think they will interview anymore now if closing panel early.

With inter departmental. internal panels and mobility they could fill vacancies without having to even use does waiting on call.

• Advertisement

Hi Nuala

Guy in last page said they had interviewed up to 7 in order of merit.

When I last asked about Limerick they had interviewed up to 30 on open panel and didnt plan on interviewing more at that time.

If you mean actual job placements I dont know. Have you done the interview?

I dont think they will interview anymore now if closing panel early.

With inter departmental. internal panels and mobility they could fill vacancies without having to even use does waiting on call.

Placed in the 40s after sitting the supervised tests. Batch 1:1. Placed in the mid -teens for Clare after supervised test. I read somewhere that even if you have an interview they would allocate you a new OoM but I don't understand how this works. Do they not place people in jobs after being successful in this stage?

I guess I am left depending on Clare now.

I was told that there will be retirements later this year in both Lim and Clare but with the panel ending what does that mean for those of us left waiting.

Placed in the 40s after sitting the supervised tests. Batch 1:1. Placed in the mid -teens for Clare after supervised test. I read somewhere that even if you have an interview they would allocate you a new OoM but I don't understand how this works. Do they not place people in jobs after being successful in this stage?

I guess I am left depending on Clare now.

I was told that there will be retirements later this year in both Lim and Clare but with the panel ending what does that mean for those of us left waiting.

Yes your OOM will change after interview. They usually interview in groups so say they call 20 to interviiew you will be ranked again after that among that group that was called.

Clare is a bit slow to move at best of times even though u are further up Id say Limerick is your best bet in terms of a getting an interview anyway.

Yes i heard that too that reason panel was moving so slow was nobody was retiring until after pay rise in october as it would increase their pension etc but they would have given notice by now of their intention to retire so PAS would ensure they have enough people sitting on panels to ensure they would cover any vacancies.

Wait and see they have to use this panel until the other one is completed. I doubt they can skip tests on this one like they did with CO comp and just go from questionaire to interview whenever new comp opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CivilCybil

I read somewhere that even if you have an interview they would allocate you a new OoM but I don't understand how this works. Do they not place people in jobs after being successful in this stage?

I'm not Clare but I placed top 5 after supervised testing. OOM changed to top ten after interview. That was last August and batch 1:1. There are still two people ahead of me on the panel.
    Even passing the interview doesn't have any guarantees.
    It all depends on how many jobs become available between the panel being created and the next panel being created.

CivilCybil wrote: »
    I'm not Clare but I placed top 5 after supervised testing. OOM changed to top ten after interview. That was last August and batch 1:1. There are still two people ahead of me on the panel.
    Even passing the interview doesn't have any guarantees.
    It all depends on how many jobs become available between the panel being created and the next panel being created.

seems pointless thinking I will be called since the slow pace and September is not far off given the slow pace.

seems pointless thinking I will be called since the slow pace and September is not far off given the slow pace.

Best thing to do with any of these competitions is do the stages etc and forget about it until if/you hear back. Outside of Dublin there is not that many jobs from EO level when you factor in the location and internal promotion, inter departmental and mobility. If you got offered garda station you then have a long wait to even start.

The age demographic of civil service is high though so should see a high amount of retirements in the coming years whether that results in jobs opening is another matter.

The money is not great and pension benefits are not as appealing for new entrance. I would not recommend joining the civil service to any of my kids. There is better options available. I am old so it suits me. Dont like these tests though my brain is slowing down with age.

If nothing comes of it you will get another campaign soon Nuala. Nail them tests and if you top few you will get a job. What department would you like to work for

• Advertisement

Best thing to do with any of these competitions is do the stages etc and forget about it until if/you hear back. Outside of Dublin there is not that many jobs from EO level when you factor in the location and internal promotion, inter departmental and mobility. If you got offered garda station you then have a long wait to even start.

The age demographic of civil service is high though so should see a high amount of retirements in the coming years whether that results in jobs opening is another matter.

The money is not great and pension benefits are not as appealing for new entrance. I would not recommend joining the civil service to any of my kids. There is better options available. I am old so it suits me. Dont like these tests though my brain is slowing down with age.

If nothing comes of it you will get another campaign soon Nuala. Nail them tests and if you top few you will get a job. What department would you like to work for

Dublin was never an option for me. I don't know about the tests going forward. I sat the new CO campaign but scored terribly even though I study a lot for it and thought I did great. I am perfectly situated for either Limerick or Clare but was hoping for the Revenue or really just any department. Getting married this year and I was working with Shannon Heritage for a few years so I am on low wages as it is but the work life balance is what I really am looking for, and the stability.

As the saying goes; "a little hope is a dangerous thing". Alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

I haven't been on boards in a while. Is this panel expiring in September? It's only been in existence for such a short period and now with Covid and social distancing why would they go to the bother of creating a new panel? How are they going to logistically run tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Gillouise

Murzo wrote: »
    I haven't been on boards in a while. Is this panel expiring in September? It's only been in existence for such a short period and now with Covid and social distancing why would they go to the bother of creating a new panel? How are they going to logistically run tests?

That's how it's looking now. Very frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It’s absolute bull**** of the highest order.

The expense of putting these panels together is massive. Why the hell would they finish early when this panel has plenty of people who scored well and spent money and put in a lot of time and effort to place highly.

With restrictions putting another panel in place will be far more hassle than previously. I’m genuinely baffled, whoever came up with this idea is brainless. This panel should run for at least another year until this is all over.

I agree 100% with you.Given the times we are living in why on earth would you disregard a panel that is formed/tested and interviewed. They've barely appointed anyone from this panel and now going to create a brand new one amidst a pandemic. Classic.
    mdwexford wrote: »
    It’s absolute bull**** of the highest order.

The expense of putting these panels together is massive. Why the hell would they finish early when this panel has plenty of people who scored well and spent money and put in a lot of time and effort to place highly.

With restrictions putting another panel in place will be far more hassle than previously. I’m genuinely baffled, whoever came up with this idea is brainless. This panel should run for at least another year until this is all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone hear anything about the EO Irish language campaign? I did interview in March but no result yet

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭AprilMayJune

Anyone any word on Waterford or Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EO2019

Nope!

I hope the panel is disbanded.

The stage one was a complete joke.

A questionnaire that doesn't have any right or wrong answers, only the collective reasoning of those who set it.

And then they didbt make people repeat it in stage two so if groups did it together they weren't punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I hope the panel is disbanded.

The stage one was a complete joke.

A questionnaire that doesn't have any right or wrong answers, only the collective reasoning of those who set it.

And then they didbt make people repeat it in stage two so if groups did it together they weren't punished.

Unfortunately they are likely to have the same questionaire under a new campaign.

For CO2020 apparently the OOM is based solely on the questionaire & going forward they are only calling candidates to interview based on the number of vancancies available at a given time (no extra candidates sitting on the panel). It would be interesting to see if they will make similar changes for an EO2020 campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Granuailelass

Hi, does anyone have a number to call PAS to see about positioning? Also, has anyone in Mayo applied for the GISC position in castlebar and if so have you heard back from them? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

I haven't rang them but email is clearance@publicjobs.ie and they have always replied and answered all my questions, best of luck

Hi, does anyone have a number to call PAS to see about positioning? Also, has anyone in Mayo applied for the GISC position in castlebar and if so have you heard back from them? Thank you

I asked them about it. There was one position and the candidate has begun Garda clearance.
    As above, email seems to be the best way to reach them. They usually answer within 24 hours

CivilCybil wrote: »
    I asked them about it. There was one position and the candidate has begun Garda clearance.
    As above, email seems to be the best way to reach them. They usually answer within 24 hours

Thanks for that. It’s a shame they didn’t let us know one way or another. I presume it was 1 or two on the panel as they said I am third in mayo but hopefully we will get placed somewhere soon 🀞ðŸ»

Thanks for that. It’s a shame they didn’t let us know one way or another. I presume it was 1 or two on the panel as they said I am third in mayo but hopefully we will get placed somewhere soon 🀞ðŸ»

I'm just behind you. I'm not holding my breath tbh as the panel is due to end in September. I can't see it moving much between now and then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

I suppose this is as good a time as any but I really do think if enough of us emailed the Minister for Rural Affairs and our local TDs that there would be a chance that they will restore the original panel expirary date.

There is so many of us on here that are literally a few places away and have held out this long for it. Certain counties are going to see retirements in October as well. In all likelihood there will be a recruitment embargo coming and we will all be waiting longer than the last competition for another panel.

There isn't anything to lose by sending an email and there is strength in numbers. So I am asking all the posters on this thread to give it some serious consideration.

Maestro85 wrote: »
    I suppose this is as good a time as any but I really do think if enough of us emailed the Minister for Rural Affairs and our local TDs that there would be a chance that they will restore the original panel expirary date.

There is so many of us on here that are literally a few places away and have held out this long for it. Certain counties are going to see retirements in October as well. In all likelihood there will be a recruitment embargo coming and we will all be waiting longer than the last competition for another panel.

There isn't anything to lose by sending an email and there is strength in numbers. So I am asking all the posters on this thread to give it some serious consideration.

Yes I echo this. Strength in numbers. If everyone plays their part and petitions their local TDs then it may help to prolong the lifetime of this panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

Maestro85 wrote: »

The Minister and Department of Rural and Community Development have no role in the general recruitment of civil servants and that is precisely the reply you will receive if you make representations to that Department. If you were to write to any Department, it would be the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.

However, and without having the booklet for this competition available to me, PAS usually state in their information booklets that they "do not envisage that appointments will be made from this panel after X date" or some similar language. This means that a panel runs for a maximum amount of time, and PAS are free to shorten this timeframe as they see fit. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

It is strange how so few have been placed in Mayo in this last year compared to other counties. have they stopped placing people because of Covid-19?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

I can't speak for any other county but I have moved up 2 places in Westmeath since the beginning of February so 2 people must have been placed here.
    It is strange how so few have been placed in Mayo in this last year compared to other counties. have they stopped placing people because of Covid-19?

Advertisement