Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 burkee2013

CivilCybil wrote: »
    I very much doubt it for Mayo anyway.
    I was batch 1:1 and external panel has only moved 7 places since it started in August last year. Hasn't moved at all since February. There are a few of us still left on the panel so can't see them doing more interviews with a new campaign starting

Thanks back to the drawing board and start again Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 26 little mrs

Just did interview this morning. Not too hopeful. A lot of awkward questions and looked for 2 or 3 examples in some competencies. Very tough. Id be very surprised if I made it through to be honest. And it was a Zoom call too which didn't help matters. Anyway, I'll put it down to experience. Now to work on EO 2020 ....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

little mrs wrote: »
    Just did interview this morning. Not too hopeful. A lot of awkward questions and looked for 2 or 3 examples in some competencies. Very tough. Id be very surprised if I made it through to be honest. And it was a Zoom call too which didn't help matters. Anyway, I'll put it down to experience. Now to work on EO 2020 ....

Fingers crossed you did well enough to get an offer! Which county were you called for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭MFPM

Hey, I had an interview too, it was tough enough, I had prepared examples but sometimes the way the questions are posed, it's difficult to work examples in. I actually was glad it was on Zoom, slightly less nervous than being in the room. Good luck anyway, sometimes our own analysis of these situations can be worse than it actually was.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

MFPM wrote: »
    Hey, I had an interview too, it was tough enough, I had prepared examples but sometimes the way the questions are posed, it's difficult to work examples in. I actually was glad it was on Zoom, slightly less nervous than being in the room. Good luck anyway, sometimes our own analysis of these situations can be worse than it actually was.

I did my interview ages ago and I've done a fair few interviews in PAS but this EO interview was by far the toughest. I found them unwilling to accept your answers and kept pushing for a different perspective. Still passed it.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed you did well enough to get an offer! Which county were you called for?

Longford. Was hoping Westmeath but what will be will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Apparently Cork hasn't even got out of batch 1 for people who sat tests 17 months ago. What a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Apparently Cork hasn't even got out of batch 1 for people who sat tests 17 months ago. What a joke

Its worse than that. They're barely out of batch 1.1

Friend of mine told me a week or two ago that the most recent person placed was number 1 in batch 1.2. I'm very high up in 1.2 as well but I'm not holding my breath to get a placement. I was interviewed nearly a full year ago at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Murzo wrote: »
    I did my interview ages ago and I've done a fair few interviews in PAS but this EO interview was by far the toughest. I found them unwilling to accept your answers and kept pushing for a different perspective. Still passed it.

Do they ask for different examples than the ones already given in the compentencies sheet?

Not sure I could think of any more, already found it hard to think of examples for every compentancy question 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Its worse than that. They're barely out of batch 1.1

Friend of mine told me a week or two ago that the most recent person placed was number 1 in batch 1.2. I'm very high up in 1.2 as well but I'm not holding my breath to get a placement. I was interviewed nearly a full year ago at this stage.

Least you're in with a chance for the next few months anyway....crazy though

• Advertisement

Do they ask for different examples than the ones already given in the compentencies sheet?

Not sure I could think of any more, already found it hard to think of examples for every compentancy question 🙂

The competencies don't change, they may not feel that an example you give is deals adequately with the competency and they may push for another or sometimes they take an example you give and break it down in detail, what did you do, how did you do it etc.

The competencies don't change, they may not feel that an example you give is deals adequately with the competency and they may push for another or sometimes they take an example you give and break it down in detail, what did you do, how did you do it etc.

Thanks for the help sounds tough.

I actually don't have an example for every compentancy question, do you think they're likely to focus on them then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I would have at least two good examples for each competency.

If they push you for a second example it means you haven't given them everything they were looking for on the first. They will try and help steer you in the right direction and give you every chance to get the marks required to pass.

What MFPM says above is exactly the way it goes with the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Gillouise

I was asked for 2 examples for each competency and then a third for delivery of results.

They also asked me what Department I would choose given the choice and specifically what section in that Department and how would I go about influencing that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ktsul

Gillouise wrote: »
    I was asked for 2 examples for each competency and then a third for delivery of results.

They also asked me what Department I would choose given the choice and specifically what section in that Department and how would I go about influencing that decision.

Wow, what a question ? Jeez I'm sure brown envelopes would not be OK for this ðŸ˜
    Well hopefully the recent interviewees get something. The rest us of will have to go through it all over again, so close and yet so far....

Did interview yesterday and got results today...... Passed!! Really thought I had failed. Shocked.

Did interview yesterday and got results today...... Passed!! Really thought I had failed. Shocked.

That's brilliant, well done - I passed mine too! I assume given that the results are out so quickly means there must be posts available?

That's brilliant, well done - I passed mine too! I assume given that the results are out so quickly means there must be posts available?

Oh brilliant. Well done. Hopefully won't be too long. What County are you in for? I'm Longford.

Congrats little Mrs was there any tricky questions?

Oh brilliant. Well done. Hopefully won't be too long. What County are you in for? I'm Longford.

Longford too! I had Leitrim down too and that would be easier for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

Any chance of interviews coming up for Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Any chance of interviews coming up for Kerry

I hope so. I am in the mid 70's in batch 1 after supervised tests. Have I any hope of getting an interview? Has anyone any idea what number have been called to interview for Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EO2019

It’s not very likely but you never know. I’m mid 30s batch for my county and they haven’t called anyone since December. The county next door has less EOs and has reached more than double the number.

They have been known to keep calling after the panel closes if certain areas haven’t been called to interview yet on new panels.

I know Longford has a massive social welfare (all disability/illness claims centralised here) so would explain the call ups in that area. Have hope but don’t hold your breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lettypoops

Did you get a number for Leitrim?

Ah great. What Oom are u?

Ah great. What Oom are u?

I'm 1 on the OOM, yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Abcdefg1234567

Does anyone know how long the clearance process generally takes?

OOM 4

OOM 4

Fair play, well done, I assume if they are recruiting there'll be a batch of people, can't imagine they recruit in numbers of 1 or 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Advertisement