Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage increase

• 11-01-2019 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Mods apologies if this is in the wrong section.

So got a letter in the door yesterday form PTSB that my mortgage is going up due to the change in tax relief.

Did I miss something in the budget about this? Anyone got a similar letter?

I'm gong to ring them this morning to see what this increase is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,423 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

canonball5 wrote: »

So got a letter in the door yesterday form PTSB that my mortgage is going up due to the change in tax relief.

you've probably been one of those lucky cohort still in receipt of mortgage interest relief..

the FF wheeze that meant every taxpayer in Ireland was giving you and many others a dig out with your mortgage

you can read this

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/owning_a_home/buying_a_home/mortgage_interest_relief.html

it's being finally phased out thankfully - it'll be gone entirely by 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

canonball5 wrote: »

Most likly your first time mortgage intrest relief it is starting to reduce now,

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/owning_a_home/buying_a_home/mortgage_interest_relief.html

Advertisement