Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airplay2 Video devices

Options
  • 11-01-2019 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Its just been announced at CES that Airplay 2 will be coming to a number of new TVs in 2019. Unfortunatly I just bought a TV last year and I assume Sony wont be bringing Airplay 2 by way of a Software update to old TVs.

So, does anyone know if there are any devices out there with Airplay 2 that allow screen mirroring of a Mac to a TV. I know the Apple TV does it but im not willing to spend so much on a device just for mirroring capabilities. HDMI is not an option also, I want a totally wireless solution.

Any suggestions? All existing Airplay2 decives seem to just focus on Audio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Those Amps all appear to be audio only and they will all come in at a cost that is more than an Apple TV though. Im looking for a cheaper solution than an Apple TV.

I am in the market for a Soundbar and while the Sonos Beam has Airplay 2 it features seem to detail audio support only and not Video support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Hogzy wrote: »
    Those Amps all appear to be audio only and they will all come in at a cost that is more than an Apple TV though. Im looking for a cheaper solution than an Apple TV.

I am in the market for a Soundbar and while the Sonos Beam has Airplay 2 it features seem to detail audio support only and not Video support.

I use the Spotify App on the Sony to stream to my amp
    Also the built in casting casting is handy too!

(This is assuming your Sony is Android TV)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

keith_d99 wrote: »
    I use the Spotify App on the Sony to stream to my amp
    Also the built in casting casting is handy too!

(This is assuming your Sony is Android TV)

Im looking to stream video, not audio. I have a Sony X930E so I have millions of ways to stream audio and youtube content etc to the TV. I just need to be able to stream video files.

Advertisement