Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special request.

Options
  • 11-01-2019 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I need a barber that would go to st james hospital and cut a mans/patients hair.
    id rather not go into to much detail but I'm sure you can guess he can't go and get it done himself.
    hes a cancer patient so its not possible.
    There was a guy that did it but he's retired im told.
    Even a hairdresser that would go would be fine.i have called 3 places in the area but with no joy.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The hospices have volunteers that help them out. They may be able to give your details to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nursing homes also have people who deal with their residents, many of whom would be in a similar situation.

There is a directory of nursing homes here: http://www.nhi.ie/directory.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I was kind of hoping i could find someone who would be nearby And just pop over and do it.id pay them.
    I tried the cancer service earlier it was closed but
    ill give one of the nursing homes a call and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Which 3 places did you call? Will try give you a few other ones.

If you Google barbers near st james hospital.the first 3 results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Try Ziggys Hair or Craft&Co Barbershop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

When my grandfather was there in hospital, they had someone come often to cut patients hair. Contact the PAL patient advisor liaison and they should be able to help you with whoever they recommend.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.he had his hair cut today. A brother of one of the interns came in and did it.Thankyou to him.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Best wishes & speedy recovery to the patient.

Advertisement