Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling account moving to another supplier

• 11-01-2019 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi there,

So contract was up December and called yourselves (14th December) to see what offer EIR could offer me anyways could not compete with Skys offer.

Here is the chain of events and according to EIR chat agent I am still showing as active 11th Jan and account is not cancelled?

So here goes:

14th December  after I said I would be moving was put through to cancellations - was told that it would be cancelled 30 days from today (again 14th Dec) (assume the call was recorded).

23rd December - Sky engineer connected me router up and everything is live now not using any EIR service.

28th December - Letter from EIR saying they had received the cancellation and sorry to see me go etc etc and that I need to return the router when a box arrives.

2nd Jan - went on chat to ensure I would not be getting charged anything extra - agent said its not cancelled and to call 1800 303 452 the EIR loyalty team - Spoke to a guy called (have his name and time conversation happened should be recorded) he told me to not wait for the box for router to send it in free post to - Eir Returns Freepost, FLK220, Limerick - which I did on the 4th of Jan and that would close account.

11th Jan - today went back on to chat as I had called the 1800 303 452 number and was on hold for like 15 mins and I said feck this and went on chat - girl told me my account was still active and she could not see anything with it and to call 1901 - I have and pressed buttons to go through to cancellations and am on hold for 44 mins and still holding (A DISGRACE) - initially when went through it said your wait till will be 10 mins.

My bill run charged up until the 22nd of January and want to ensure I get the daily breakdown of days over the 30 refunded (when I cancelled) to me and that my account is closed. 

If you could look into this for me I would be grateful,

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

brophy wrote: »
    Hi there,

So contract was up December and called yourselves (14th December) to see what offer EIR could offer me anyways could not compete with Skys offer.

Here is the chain of events and according to EIR chat agent I am still showing as active 11th Jan and account is not cancelled?

So here goes:

14th December  after I said I would be moving was put through to cancellations - was told that it would be cancelled 30 days from today (again 14th Dec) (assume the call was recorded).

23rd December - Sky engineer connected me router up and everything is live now not using any EIR service.

28th December - Letter from EIR saying they had received the cancellation and sorry to see me go etc etc and that I need to return the router when a box arrives.

2nd Jan - went on chat to ensure I would not be getting charged anything extra - agent said its not cancelled and to call 1800 303 452 the EIR loyalty team - Spoke to a guy called (have his name and time conversation happened should be recorded) he told me to not wait for the box for router to send it in free post to - Eir Returns Freepost, FLK220, Limerick - which I did on the 4th of Jan and that would close account.

11th Jan - today went back on to chat as I had called the 1800 303 452 number and was on hold for like 15 mins and I said feck this and went on chat - girl told me my account was still active and she could not see anything with it and to call 1901 - I have and pressed buttons to go through to cancellations and am on hold for 44 mins and still holding (A DISGRACE) - initially when went through it said your wait till will be 10 mins.

My bill run charged up until the 22nd of January and want to ensure I get the daily breakdown of days over the 30 refunded (when I cancelled) to me and that my account is closed. 

Thanks.
    Hi brophy.

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

If you could PM the following account details I would be happy to look into this for you.

Account number,
    Name on the account,
    Address,
    Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

EXact same thing happened to me! Glad to see it's not just me. 

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi there,

So here goes:

Thanks.
    Hi brophy.

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

If you could PM the following account details I would be happy to look into this for you.

Account number,
    Name on the account,
    Address,
    Date of birth.

Thank you.
    -Ahren.
    Sent PM there with required details.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

So I have not heard anything back from you in a few days - When I had an hour to follow up on this - I called your calculations only to be kept on hold for over that hour when I actually needed to do something in my life rather than simply wait on a phone with no idea of when Eir were going to answer it (even though they tell you a much shorter time in the beginning).

The service is just not good enough - how can you ring the cancellations any time and be on hold for over 60mins - what kind of a business does this??

As I have said in the PM and in my above details you Eir have my router - I was told that since I had already cancelled on the 14th of December when I rang on the 2nd of Jan it had not showed on system yet but send the router back it would cancel out completely when it shows up (have reps name and once again it was recorded).

Instead in all of the PM's between us you have not even acknowledged receipt of the router instead you said that my provider has not taken over my line - I cancelled on the 14th of December (which is recorded!!!!!) then followed up on the 2nd of Jan with call which is also recorded and was told to send back router which I did (have proof) - and have just come back to me and tell me to follow up with my new provider with my UAN....... I CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT AND HAVE SENT BACK MY ROUTER!!!!!

There must be comments on my account of calls I made along with notes?

If you can follow up with this you have my details from the PM's thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭dubbrin

We're currently putting up with more or less the same terrible treatment, except haven't returned the router (yet) and my wife has been on hold for 1 hour+ on 2 occasions and 20-40 mins on a few more occasions. The guys in the shop have nothing to offer only to call customer services. 

They're absolutely abysmal. There's nothing like it and it's hard to believe. I'm going to watch that documentary on Netflix tonight about Fyre Festival to get some insight....

OP you're not alone, and a brief root around boards seems to show that there are many, many more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

So I have not heard anything back from you in a few days - When I had an hour to follow up on this - I called your calculations only to be kept on hold for over that hour when I actually needed to do something in my life rather than simply wait on a phone with no idea of when Eir were going to answer it (even though they tell you a much shorter time in the beginning).

The service is just not good enough - how can you ring the cancellations any time and be on hold for over 60mins - what kind of a business does this??

As I have said in the PM and in my above details you Eir have my router - I was told that since I had already cancelled on the 14th of December when I rang on the 2nd of Jan it had not showed on system yet but send the router back it would cancel out completely when it shows up (have reps name and once again it was recorded).

Instead in all of the PM's between us you have not even acknowledged receipt of the router instead you said that my provider has not taken over my line - I cancelled on the 14th of December (which is recorded!!!!!) then followed up on the 2nd of Jan with call which is also recorded and was told to send back router which I did (have proof) - and have just come back to me and tell me to follow up with my new provider with my UAN....... I CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT AND HAVE SENT BACK MY ROUTER!!!!!

There must be comments on my account of calls I made along with notes?

If you can follow up with this you have my details from the PM's thanks.
    Hi brophy.

I have received your PM and just replied.

Thank you.
    -Ahren 

Advertisement