Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IUI Today

Options
  • 11-01-2019 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi- I am going unregistered for this thread!

I had an IUI procedure today using donor sperm (we are a same sex couple).

The doctor seems quite optimistic but I don't want to get my hopes up!

How do people cope with the 2 week wait? Any tips to help it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Best of luck to you! Want to know the same about the wait! At the end of my tww and can’t be optimistic as it leads to big disappointment but am then veering towards negative which isn’t great either! As for forgetting about it and chilling out........... less said about that white whale

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

iuitoday wrote: »
    Hi- I am going unregistered for this thread!

I had an IUI procedure today using donor sperm (we are a same sex couple).

The doctor seems quite optimistic but I don't want to get my hopes up!

How do people cope with the 2 week wait? Any tips to help it work?

I know this is almost 7 months later, but How did you get on??

I had IUI in 2015, was given a 12% chance of it working and it worked first time. Now have an almost 3 year old boy! I would like to try for another baby, but scared at the thought of having to go for IUI again and whether we will be as lucky this time.
    Hope you were successful!!

Advertisement