Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To spray or not to spray

Options
  • 11-01-2019 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

I have a few issues with lawn full of weeds. Seemed to have under control last year at end of season.

Was going to wait till march and then give it a quick blast of weed killer and hope it would cut it would this year. Just had a walk around lawn today and weeds are in full growth. Grass is growing a bit but the weeds seem to be loving this weather.

I am wondering will it hurt to give them a blast now? or should I leave till later on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I have a few issues with lawn full of weeds. Seemed to have under control last year at end of season.

Was going to wait till march and then give it a quick blast of weed killer and hope it would cut it would this year. Just had a walk around lawn today and weeds are in full growth. Grass is growing a bit but the weeds seem to be loving this weather.

I am wondering will it hurt to give them a blast now? or should I leave till later on?

Weedkiller works more slowly in the cold season, but it will still work.

Killing weeds now will give the grass a better chance to fill in. Just make sure you use something that doesn't kill grass too!

Advertisement