Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A class or coach advice please

Options
  • 11-01-2019 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭

hi everyone. I'm torn between circa 98 A class (various ones in the UK) and circa 03 to 05 coach built in the Uk... are the A class ones that worth it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

A class are usually designed to make maximum use of the available space, unlike coachbuilt which still have the cab, the amount of space gained can be considerable but the disadvantages can be hard to service and if anything goes wrong then there can be considerable ripping to get the issue sorted and most of the interior is custom built and parts can be harder to get if the brand is no longer made.
    I went one step again and got a factory PVC which although less space again is made of steel and unlikely to experience the issue of damp which seems to be an ever present problem in climates like ours.

What model/brands are you considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Right... ok, thanks a million for that info. We're thinking of this one.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808179585203?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Right... ok, thanks a million for that info. We're thinking of this one.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808179585203?logcode=visc&fromSA=true
    I don’t like the look of the ceiling by the aircon unit, I would make sure there is an independent habitation check on that van. The front part also looks a little bulgy over the bed. It may be ok but check carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

OK... great advice, thanks again CJ. Back on the road again viewing two more in Ireland tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.

Advertisement