Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's got Talent 2019

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

By any chance could we be in for an Irish version of Love Island instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

By any chance could we be in for an Irish version of Love Island instead?

I don’t see Virgin Media replacing ITG. I’d guessed it was gone a few months ago, Some Lucy Kennedy interviews last week had me rethinking it was coming back, but none of it was concrete.

Virgin Media could have got 3 new judges for season 3.

The final nail was really ITV’s announcement that there would be a Winter Love Island, this suits Virgin Media

Nov - I’m a celeb...
    Jan - Love Island
    Feb - six nations
    Apr/mar - BGT
    June - Love Island
    Aug - xfactor
    And repeat

Really virgin Media have returned to CanWests idea of TV for TV3, buy in everything.

ITG was relatively cheap, AFAIK the auditions were film in the one town over a week or 2, with 2 weeks of live shows, anyone confirm that?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I doubt the show was cheap esp for a small station like Virgin media. Booking the Helix, all the production costs, the judges etc. Also, live T.V. is very costly.
    You have a situation where R.T.E may not be brining back Dancing with the Stars. There a much bigger company and they struggle with the costs of something like this.

It's a much smaller talent pool here and unlike A.G.T & B.G.T they don't have the money to scout and bring talent in. I never found the judges any good either.

jface187 wrote: »
    I doubt the show was cheap esp for a small station like Virgin media. Booking the Helix, all the production costs, the judges etc. Also, live T.V. is very costly.
    You have a situation where R.T.E may not be brining back Dancing with the Stars.

Don’t believe the hype, RTÉ are going to bring back DWTS much like VMT were going to pull the plug on ITG as soon as the got the chance.

While it is expensive (as much as home produced tv is) they certainly seemed to churn out a version of got talent that didn’t visit the rest of the country.

Also VM isn’t a small station it has near 20% share of the audience which equates to up to 70m in ad revenue and it’s supported by a major international backer in liberty Global long with there cable & teleco operator Virgin Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just in my opinion RTE said they weren't going to bring back Dancing with the Stars to try and guilt people into paying there TV licence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just in my opinion RTE said they weren't going to bring back Dancing with the Stars to try and guilt people into paying there TV licence.

Ironically I’d pay double if they promised not to bring it back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fritzelly wrote: »
    Show is cancelled due to "logistical and scheduling reasons" sic waste of money showing the same crap every show
    Thank god Louis has X Factor to return to!

Does this mean cancelled as cannot afford non Irish judges?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does this mean cancelled as cannot afford non Irish judges?

No it just means that as soon as they could drop it they were going to drop it. Love Island and I'm A Celebrity have both overshadowed IGT.

Virgin Media are slowly dropping many of the independent shows, they only have to spend a total of 1% of their budget Home produced budget on Indpendent productions, and they only have to have 30% of their programming home produced, this comprises mainly of Daytime TV and News.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brandon been warning against taking drugs at festivals like EP after his near death experience

Advertisement