Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insulation Against Noise

• 11-01-2019 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I own an apartment, built in 2006 which doesn't appear to be properly construction against noise - not loud noise, just doors closing etc. The neighbours are responsible people so no late night parties and such.

My problem that, one of the tenants in the apartment below has their bedroom under mine. He stays up late until 2 or 3am and I can hear him move furniture or close doors; just normal stuff, but it keeps me awake sometimes, and I rise early at 6.30 am for work etc.

My question is can I insulate against the noise at this stage, and if so what can you recommend regarding the type of insulation and application of it?
    My living room/kitchen area seems to be better insulated as I cannot hear anything from below i.e. television, cooking stuff etc.
    Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement