Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

flush eaves with fascia.

• 11-01-2019 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Wanting to see pictures or any information of flush eaves with a fascia board at front and back with tile trim on the peaks if anyone has them. Any work on roofs weve been on have always had the fascia box, soffit etc.. thatll take the water run off away from the structure.

What i cant get my head around, if there is no fascia and soffit on the side of buildings, on rendered gables at the corner where it meets the front and back. How is one closing of the very corner where the front fascia meets the gabled corner on flushed eaves without there ever being any issues with staining or water penetration which can cause render blow off.

The roof will have tile trim on both gables coming out over where the plasterers will render up underneath. The front and back slates will have an over fascia vent strip right along the 2 sides of the buildings under the front row of slates. The plasterers will render the building before the fascia board gets installed compared to how it was always done with the plasterers rendering the building up under a soffit board trim. Next the fascia will be installed along with the guttering but as mentioned above, the detail of the corner where both ends meet, i cant quite get my head around this without there being any issues in later years.

Advertisement