Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting

Options
  • 12-01-2019 12:34am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey guys, my sisters are really fighting a lot at the minute, evr since Christmas in fact and it only happens when I am babysitting.

They hit, scratche and slap each other, name and argue a lot plus will not sure with each other when playing. Every day I get one of them coming up crying to me looking for a cuddle saying that the other is (insert bad behaviour) her and saying she hates her and wishes she wasn't her sister.

What can I do :(?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

What do your parents say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Tell them to sort it out themselves. Don't take sides.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Scottish Jodi

lashes34 wrote: »
    What do your parents say?

They tell me to smack them or place them on the naughty step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

They tell me to smack them or place them on the naughty step.

Seriously? It is illegal to smack children in Ireland.

Judging by your posts I've seen recently, it seems like your parents are either expecting too much from you in terms of minding your siblings, or you're getting more involved than you need to be.

Remind your parents that these twins are your siblings and it's not right that you are having to assume the role of a parent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Scottish Jodi

They seem to rely on me to babysit them a lot, mainly due to work. I seriously don't mind babysitting them when they behave,however, I also feel like they are taking advantage of me as their sister to babysit them.

Smacking is banned but parents just tell me that nobody will see but I would feel bad making them cry :(.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement