Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones/speakerphone not working - help needed

Options
  • 12-01-2019 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My wife has an iPhone 7, was working fine yesterday. She connected headphones into it a whole ago with a lightning adapter, headphones are not being picked up. If she connects it to ipad it works fine. After checking that she tried to make a phone call, the speakerphone icon is greyed out, the headphones are not being picked up and no audio can be heard on either end of the call.

Her ipad is showing that there's an update available, so I'm wondering if a new update came through on phone. We tried to restore the phone to last night's backup from icloud, issue still is there.

I'm not an iPhone person, so I'm not sure what the obvious next steps should be, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I've had that happen in the past, it might mean there is a small little bit of debris or something in the lightning port. really gently see if you can clean it out with the phone off. Try these methods: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-clean-your-iphones-charging-port/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Any problems charging through the lightening port? Usually the first sign of fluff etc. in the port is having to jiggle the charging connection to get the charge started.

I regularly had to use a paperclip or similar to gently clean out the port on my iPhone 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The issue isn't so much the ligtning port, it's the speakerphone element also. My wife got in touch with apple support, they think issue is an audio module, so they have arranged for it to be brought back to a authorised repair shop. Not sure how long it'll take to repair or how much, it's out of warranty annoyingly enough...

Advertisement