Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Tv - 50UK6470PLC - Saorview Channels

• 12-01-2019 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi there,

Apologies if this is in the incorrect thread. I recently bought a new LG Tv (50UK6470PLC). When I tried auto tuning Live tv, it didn’t find any channels even though the aerial is connected, and I have the tv location set to Ireland. I could still connect Virgin media through HDMI though. I tried setting the location to the UK and rescanned and it picked up all the Freeview channels. Is there a way I can install the saorview channels on this, so that I could cancel my Virgin Tv?

Any help freshly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Do you have the correct aerial for your local Saorview transmitter and is it pointed at that transmitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

D12C wrote: »
    ... I recently bought a new LG Tv (50UK6470PLC). When I tried auto tuning Live tv, it didn’t find any channels even though the aerial is connected, and I have the tv location set to Ireland. I could still connect Virgin media through HDMI though. I tried setting the location to the UK and rescanned and it picked up all the Freeview channels. Is there a way I can install the saorview channels on this, so that I could cancel my Virgin Tv?

If you're in a Virgin area, it's unlikely you're getting actual Freeview, which is UK terrestrial TV: does the 'aerial' you connected have a screw connection, with the port on the TV labeled 'LNB-in' or 'sat-in'?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭D12C

Thanks for the replies. I’ve just moved into the house, and there was an old satellite dish already here, which may have been what I actually connected - it is freeview as it’s picked up all the different geographic variations of UK channels and others not available on Virgin. I connected an indoor aerial and now it’s picking up all the Irish channels also, so it’s all sorted. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

D12C wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I’ve just moved into the house, and there was an old satellite dish already here, which may have been what I actually connected - it is freeview as it’s picked up all the different geographic variations of UK channels and others not available on Virgin. I connected an indoor aerial and now it’s picking up all the Irish channels also, so it’s all sorted. Thanks!

Freeview is the terrestrial UK service that you receive via an aerial.
    Freesat is the UK service received via a Satellite dish.

So it seems you have Freesat from dish and Saorview via aerial.

Glad you got everything working. ;)

Advertisement