Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 23 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Might just bench TAA now and play Wan Bicassa. Take the hit on the chin, first time being burnt this season. Will swap Kane out for a -4 and get Robertson in next week

Thinking the same - it would be a -4 so might stick with Bennett at home vs Leicester this week and AWB vs Southampton the week after and hope TAA might be back then!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Llllllllllorente

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I think I'm still going to plough ahead with Mitrovic to Rashford, and now also considering Jesus in for Kane.

Or maybe Auba?? :confused::confused::confused:

Bah...this whole thing is a conspiracy plot by Mitrovic to stay in my team forever.

Kane to Rashford and TAA to VVD for a hit.

Could go the whole hog on a -8 and get Aguerooo in as well for Mitrooo but not convinced its worth it right now tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Genuinely thought after activating my WC last week that my hit-taking days were over. But now need to offload TAA and Kane so might have to take a -4. If I want Firmino as a replacement I'll definitely have to take a hit since I've already got 3 Liverpool players.

Not sure what to do tbh. How much do you reckon TAA will drop in price before the next GW?

Lamela interests me but I'm already on a -4 so it wont be happening this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Lamela interests me but I'm already on a -4 so it wont be happening this week

Spurs fan here...lamela never looks like scoring big.

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Spurs fan here...lamela never looks like scoring big.

OK fair enough. :o

How do you reckon ye will line up without Kane and Son out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Very torn on the Kane decision. Fixtures say Firmino but he's inconsistent. History says Aguero but he's now a risk. The goals table says Auba but Arsenal haven't great form and he was poor when I had him before. And I'd like to sort this before Kane drops tonight.

Lack of City cover is edging me towards Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Very torn on the Kane decision. Fixtures say Firmino but he's inconsistent. History says Aguero but he's now a risk. The goals table says Auba but Arsenal haven't great form and he was poor when I had him before. And I'd like to sort this before Kane drops tonight.

Rashfords the way my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Rashfords the way my friend.

Already got him with my first transfer! (I had 2 FTs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Firmino has 4 goals in 3 games, 3 of the next 4 games are at home.
    With Aguero you have to be prepared for only 60 mins of game time as well as the fact Jesus is playing well and scoring and could start games over him.

The next 4 fixtures for Untied and Liverpool and great, Both teams are at home for the next 2. Both want to continue winning for different reasons.

Compare them with city who have 2 away games and then 2 home games against Arsenal and Chelsea - tough games, coupled with rotation doesn't make the city guys that attractive imo

I've gone with Kane and Kamara to Rashford and Firmino to play along with Auba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Firmino has 4 goals in 3 games, 3 of the next 4 games are at home.
    With Aguero you have to be prepared for only 60 mins of game time as well as the fact Jesus is playing well and scoring and could start games over him.

The next 4 fixtures for Untied and Liverpool and great, Both teams are at home for the next 2. Both want to continue winning for different reasons.

Compare them with city who have 2 away games and then 2 home games against Arsenal and Chelsea - tough games, coupled with rotation doesn't make the city guys that attractive imo

I've gone with Kane and Kamara to Rashford and Firmino to play along with Auba
    Pool double up in defence is more appealing than firmino long term

How much do we think Son will drop by the time he comes back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bobby in for Harry tonight before any price changes. Will deal with TAA next week

km79 wrote: »
    Pool double up in defence is more appealing than firmino long term

Prehaps, but given the way the league is going, goal difference could be key so pool will need to score more to keep up with city fire power. Couple that with Lovern, TAA and Gomez all injured, is double up the best way to go?

In addition we've seen many times that long term is not really a good strategy - look at 4/5 games in advance is better imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I already took a -4 before the TAA and Kane yoke so need to get them out of my team. If I Free hit will I get my -4 cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 killach

Aguero and Fraiser?
    Firmino and Anderson?
    Sterling and Deeney?

Please help?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I already took a -4 before the TAA and Kane yoke so need to get them out of my team. If I Free hit will I get my -4 cancelled.

Yes.

I wouldn't be using the free hit for just the 2 transfers though.

Thanks for the post Ace. Firmino has moved to to the front of the line for Kane replacements IMO. £ 2 m cheaper than Aguero and Auba gives me more to play around with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Have done Firminio & Nasri for Ricky & Jiminez.
    2 x FTs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yes.

Thanks for the post Ace. Firmino has moved to to the front of the line for Kane replacements IMO. £ 2 m cheaper than Aguero and Auba gives me more to play around with.

I’m not sure that is correct, is it? I thought that only applied to a wildcard?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I’m not sure that is correct, is it? I thought that only applied to a wildcard?

It’s the same as a WC but team reverts and you could lose value on players that return to your squad

He will also lose his extra FT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've taken a -4 to clean up the mess.

Kane and TAA out, Firmino and Digne in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Yes.

Im on -4, moving Kane and TAA would make me -12. I might just wildcard and leave free hit for a gameweek with less teams playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

A couple more hours of mulling and procrastinating later and I'm about to pull the trigger on a -8 for....

-Kane to Firmino
    -Mitrovic to Rashford
    -TAA to AWB

Worth it? Or I can hold Mitrovic for another week and hope Rashford stays quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kane to PEA??

Cant get Firmino because I have Robertson, Salah & TAA

TAA could go but be a points hit

OK fair enough. :o

How do you reckon ye will line up without Kane and Son out of interest?

He could either go with back 3
    Lloris
    Vert-toby-sanchez
    Trippier-winks-eriksen-rose/davies
    Dele-llorente-lamela/moura

If sissoko fit
    Lloris
    Trippier-vert-toby-rose/davies
    Winks-sissoko
    Eriksen-dele-lamela/moura
    Llorente

Also diet could be back so may feature in the holding midfield role

Whatever way it doesn't look strong but spurs do have an easier run of league fixtures but do have cup games to deal with too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Martial > Salah
    F Anderson > Nasri
    Kane > Rashford

-4 taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭shmeee

I've taken a -4 to clean up the mess.

Kane and TAA out, Firmino and Digne in.

Going taking a similar -4 now myself, already have Digne, done now before any price rises or drops tonight. Will also make 0.1 on Kanes transfer out.

You'll get a nice swing on the 2 coming in who should go up tonight and Kane will drop.

I'm gone
    Kane -> Firmino
    TAA -> Trippier

No more red flags please this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Mitrovic is over rated, 1goal and 1assist in his last ten games.
    Rashfords form will change, I only got him into my squad the week Ole took the reins, so he has been absolutely quality for me at that price. But it's due to slow a bit.
    Lacazette to score double figures this weekend is almost a definite ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where’s all the Firmnio love coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

PEA to Aguero
    TAA to Laporte.

Can see a few dominant City displays over the next few weeks. They've another gear in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

magma69 wrote: »
    PEA to Aguero
    TAA to Laporte.

Can see a few dominant City displays over the next few weeks. They've another gear in them.

Wouldnt bank on Augero starting though.

MrMac84 wrote: »

I don't know cos he was basically playing midfield at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dempsey wrote: »
    Kane to PEA??

Cant get Firmino because I have Robertson, Salah & TAA

TAA could go but be a points hit

Got PEA altogether

Anyone worth a -4 point hit for TAA, have 2.5m in the bank

MrMac84 wrote: »

He's in a team, top of the table, who have 3 of the next 4 games at home.
    Fixtures at home are: Palace, Leicester, Bournemouth, and have West Ham away.

They need to score goals to keep up with city's firing power, giving that it could come down to goal difference.

He has 4 goals in the 3 games, hattrick v Arsenal and goal v City. He rarely get's dropped or rested - in comparison with Aguero.

Kane is injured, Aguero is not guaranteed to start/finish a game, Jesus is same as Aguero.

There is no other striker other than Rashford who most ppl will have or will be getting that has such favourable fixtures and in a team scoring goals

Given all the above and the fact he is only 9.2m, I think he is worth getting in for the next 4 games and re-evaluating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Wouldnt bank on Augero starting though.

Rested against Wolves so I expect him to get a few starts. Can see him getting rested when CL games are looming for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He's in a team, top of the table, who have 3 of the next 4 games at home.
    Fixtures at home are: Palace, Leicester, Bournemouth, and have West Ham away.

They need to score goals to keep up with city's firing power, giving that it could come down to goal difference.

He has 4 goals in the 3 games, hattrick v Arsenal and goal v City. He rarely get's dropped or rested - in comparison with Aguero.

Kane is injured, Aguero is not guaranteed to start/finish a game, Jesus is same as Aguero.

There is no other striker other than Rashford who most ppl will have or will be getting that has such favourable fixtures and in a team scoring goals

Given all the above and the fact he is only 9.2m, I think he is worth getting in for the next 4 games and re-evaluating.

Sold!
    I'm gonna wait though. A Kane drop doesn't cost me. Gives me more time to test my resistance to Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Mitrovic is over rated, 1goal and 1assist in his last ten games.
    Rashfords form will change, I only got him into my squad the week Ole took the reins, so he has been absolutely quality for me at that price. But it's due to slow a bit.
    Lacazette to score double figures this weekend is almost a definite ;)

Mitrovic is certainly not over rated. More a case of he’s been in teams so long, waiting for him to get a goal to repay the faith. It’s been frustrating owning him. Wonder if Ryan Babel would be decent from FPL perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Mitrovic is certainly not over rated. More a case of he’s been in teams so long, waiting for him to get a goal to repay the faith. It’s been frustrating owning him. Wonder if Ryan Babel would be decent from FPL perspective

There has been talk of Liverpool recalling Clyne from Bournemouth. He could be a safe starter for the next couple of gameweek

There has been talk of Liverpool recalling Clyne from Bournemouth. He could be a safe starter for the next couple of gameweek

I thought it was very odd Liverpool letting clyne go without Gomez fit. Granted they can put fabinho and milner into the position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Pretty sure he can't be recalled

ElTel wrote: »
    Sold!
    I'm gonna wait though. A Kane drop doesn't cost me. Gives me more time to test my resistance to Salah.

I would have thought the Xmas period was enough time to test your resistance
    It sure tested mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Kane Gunn out loris aubem in . Had to do it last night cos of price changes .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Clyne can't be recalled.

Milner will probably play there this weekend. Gomez should be back for the following GW. Fabinho can also play there if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Had 2FT and the exact €€€ for Kane > Aguero and TAA > Robertson last night. Was going to sleep on it but glaf I pulled the trigger after the unexpected Robertson rise.

Not thrilled at the prospect of Aguero's playing time and his time in my squad might be short lived but hey, its Kun, and I just f*cking love having him! It was either him or Auba and I just don't fancy Auba this week. Easy straight swap the week after if necessary.

Was also thinking about getting Digne in for TAA which would have allowed me to get Rashford in for Arnie but I just feel better with Robertson in my team as Everton don't seem to be too solid and I have Ricky already. Hopefully Arnie plays before he heads off for China and if he doesn't then will have Mitro off the bench

lot of hits floating around already......could be a week to week to make ground if I get some big decisions right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

km79 wrote: »
    lot of hits floating around already......could be a week to week to make ground if I get some big decisions right
    Join the hit party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I did:

Aubameyang to Rashford (pre-Kane injury, I was away and didn’t know about it) :o

Then, as a result of the injuries:

Kane -> Jimenez
    TAA -> Robertson

-4 all in.

Aubameyang back in for Wilson next week is the plan, leaving me with enough money in the bank to move Fraser on for any midfield player I want the week after.

Team now is:

Fabianski
    Robertson Digne Shaw (AWB, Bennett)
    Salah Pogba Richarlison Fraser (Gibbs-White)
    Rashford Jimenez Wilson

Within two weeks it should be:

Fabianski
    Robertson Digne Shaw (AWB, Bennett)
    Salah Pogba Sterling Richarlison (Gibbs-White)
    Aubameyang Rashford Jimenez

Very pleased with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

You not worried about having no City coverage? I also dug myself a TrenchAA style hole early in the week. So far I've done the following for a -4

Alonso ----> TAA
    Richardson ----> Pogba
    Kane ----> Firmino

Team looks ok at this point so will decide later in the week whether to swap TAA for Robbo or upgrade Anderson to Sane

Fab

---AWB -- Digne -- Bennett

Pogba -- Anerson -- Hazard -- Salah

-- Rashford -- Firmino -- Jimanez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You not worried about having no City coverage?

Certainly is a concern and if I hadn’t made the early transfer mistake I probably would have gone:

Kane -> Rashford
    TAA -> Robertson
    Fraser -> Sterling

But I can’t afford any more hits this week so will have to wait a week or two before bringing one in.

I haven’t had any City players over the last 2 gameweeks and have still had green arrows, and I think my current crop have solid enough fixtures to help me survive without them for the next two weeks (I hope!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement