If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG E6 55 possible fault.

Options
  • 12-01-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Turned my TV on this morning to watch the match on Sky Q, no issues at first. Switched the game to UHD and within seconds the picture went blank but sound remained. Tried all the usual remedies but still no picture. I thought it might be Sky Q but not so. Any ideas what this fault maybe or whether I need to return the set to you?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

rednik wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Turned my TV on this morning to watch the match on Sky Q, no issues at first. Switched the game to UHD and within seconds the picture went blank but sound remained. Tried all the usual remedies but still no picture. I thought it might be Sky Q but not so. Any ideas what this fault maybe or whether I need to return the set to you?
    Hi Rednik.

Sorry to hear you are having some issues.

I have an OLED too and my SkyQ does the same thing at times and needs to be unplugged at the back of the SkyQ box and then plugged back in and it should work.
    I'll be watching Sky and then switch to a different source for gaming. Few hours later I'll switch back to Sky and only sound. I have to then unplug the power from the rear of the SkyQ box and then plug it back in again and its worked every time.
    I spoke to LG myself on this form here in work to their tech team and they say that for some reason it can happen from time to time on LG OLED TV's. There is a bit about on the likes of AV forums etc....

I've looked into this and apparently SkyQ boxes can sometimes have sync up issues with LG OLEDS.

Does any of the other inputs work and is there a picture if you bring up the smart features or menu systems? This will at least let us know if the panel has stopped working or not.

However perhaps you have already tried this and the TV is still not working. If this is the case if you can drop our service team an email at Service@Richersounds.ie 
    They can arrange for an engineer to call out if the TV is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Thanks for the reply Kenny. I cannot access the GUI or settings, the screen is completely blank. I have tried everything with the set to no avail.

Thanks for the reply Kenny. I cannot access the GUI or settings, the screen is completely blank. I have tried everything with the set to no avail.
    Hey Rednik.

Yeah if there are no menus etc then it does sound like a faulty panel.

Drop Stephen in our service department over an email with your details and he can get the service call booked in for you.

I'll let him know to keep his eye on his emails.

Hey Rednik.

Drop Stephen in our service department over an email with your details and he can get the service call booked in for you.

Cheers Kenny, email sent.

Hey Rednik.

Cheers Kenny, email sent.
    No worries Rednik.

I'll give him a little poke to get the ball rolling for you.

• Advertisement

My set was collected this day last week and I haven't heard anything back, can you follow this up for me please? 

My set was collected this day last week and I haven't heard anything back, can you follow this up for me please? 
    Hi Rednik.

I will pass on your details to Stephen who deals with our repair side of things.

You can also contact him directly on service@Richersounds.ie

Hey Again Rednik.

Just realised the time and our repair agents are closed until the morning.

I will make sure we check first thing in the morning and drop you a call.

Hey Again Rednik.

Thanks Kenny, I have sent you a PM.

Hey Again Rednik.

Cheers Rednik.

I have one of the guys chasing this for you know and will drop you a little call as soon as he can.

• Advertisement

Hey Again Rednik.

Cheers Rednik.

I have one of the guys chasing this for you know and will drop you a little call as soon as he can.
    Thanks Kenny, I missed the call but picked up the message.

Hey Again Rednik.

Cheers Rednik.

Thanks Kenny, I missed the call but picked up the message.
    No problem at all Rednik.

I'll get an update again on Tuesday and we will give you another little call.

Back in place, thanks Kenny.

46015547945_9a9e59e87f_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭micks_address

I have the same set - just curious and if im allowed ask what the issue was and what the repair involed?

Cheers,
    Mick

Excellent Rednik.

Hopefully there will be no more issues.

Of course should anything do arise you can always get me here or Stephen on the service email.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.