Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking a venue in dundalk for a music event!

Options
  • 12-01-2019 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im looking for a venue in dundalk for a music event. Something like a hall or warehouse that we could just bring our own equipment to. Small/Medium size for around 100-200 standing. I would need it to stay open late enough around 1-2 am. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Im looking for a venue in dundalk for a music event. Something like a hall or warehouse that we could just bring our own equipment to. Small/Medium size for around 100-200 standing. I would need it to stay open late enough around 1-2 am. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Spirit store I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Yep Spirit Store is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dundalk2019

Thanks for the suggestions but Anywhere besides the spirit store they have events on the dates i was looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Clan Na Gael GFC have a fairly sizeable venue that they rent out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Clan Na Gael GFC have a fairly sizeable venue that they rent out.

Friary Youth Centre, Sports Complax in MMor or Resource Centre in Reedeemer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Uisce Beatha ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

New venue called Disfunction (I think) has just opened or is opening soon above Benny Brady's on Clanbrassil Street.

Uisce Beatha ?
    Pighead wrote: »
    New venue called Disfunction (I think) has just opened or is opening soon above Benny Brady's on Clanbrassil Street.

Same place:? :confused:

It's been a few years since i was in the upstairs part of 'Brady's'(i was a wee bit under the weather also :) ).Could it really hold 100+ people?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Same place:? :confused:

It's been a few years since i was in the upstairs part of 'Brady's'(i was a wee bit under the weather also :) ).Could it really hold 100+ people?
    Oh, didn't realise that. I never heard the name Uisce Beatha before. The last time I was upstairs for a gig in Benny Brady's was about 1995 (think it was called the Central Bar back then). There was probably over a hundred in the venue that night but perhaps health and safety standards weren't completely being adhered to back in those days! Real sweatbox of a room.

'BB'(Benny Brady's) painted decals still visible and plenty of DFC flags(of course) :)

Could be wrong but was told from a reliable source that the Brady family still own the place and is leased out to the current owners.

I'd honestly love to have a gooo around the upstairs place if only for nostalgic reasons.

This place Could be right up the op's street.(OP - the entrance to the function room is the door on the left with the sign,upstairs )

pic stolen from the Uisce Beatha FB page https://www.facebook.com/uiscebeathabar/

45294710_2255055101394883_5693830026819010560_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=86a2c9d3a6a4d88541e3efe183ca3781&oe=5CF71526

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Policy Review

Pighead wrote: »
    Oh, didn't realise that. I never heard the name Uisce Beatha before. The last time I was upstairs for a gig in Benny Brady's was about 1995 (think it was called the Central Bar back then). There was probably over a hundred in the venue that night but perhaps health and safety standards weren't completely being adhered to back in those days! Real sweatbox of a room.

The room was revamped recently and isnt such a sweat box anymore but i do have to mention that the capacity on the second floor is limited due to the safety limit on the floor. Flooring in place at the moment isn't sufficient for a large crowd. the thing would fall through if there was a bunch of people dancing.

Advertisement