Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone watching NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool?

• 12-01-2019 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Finn Balor and Jordan Devlin having a go in the ring as we speak. Pretty good match so far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Yea, great match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Yea, great match

It turned out excellent. I have high hopes for Devlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Excellent so far
    Fantastic tag match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Is our very own Jay Hunter front and centre?

I really hate Pete Dunne. This isn’t I dislike a wrestler dislike - this is hatred for his “angry” stupid face.

Class looking venue too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'd no time for Eddie Dennis before tonight but he really won me over here. Very enjoyable. The opener was a banger and that 450 from James Drake was as crisp as I've ever seen. Devlin v Balor was a nice surprise, especially since Travis Banks is someone I don't care for. Women's match was decent but kinda lacked heat.

Just watching the main event now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

First time seeing Walter, that guy has presence. Strikes me as someone Vince would love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going too watch it now

Hopefully it was good

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

my 13 year old who has started to lose interest since fortnite came along loved the opening tag match. It was the little things the teams were doing he loved, as it wasn’t as predictable as he has come to expect..... He’s still beside me watching the main event now. Great show so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

HBK had high praise for Devlin...
    Michaels said: "One guy who I didn't know, or hadn't seen was Jordan Devlin.

"He was good when he came in, but now he is really starting to feel it.

"[Jordan] is oozing confidence. And I hate to pinpoint one person, but I have seen him grow exponentially

"He is a real talented kid, and his ceiling is pretty darnn high."

HBK also praised Joe and Mark Coffey, Wolfgang, and added Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate are "pretty damn special".

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/753008/wwe-news-shawn-michaels-nxt-uk-performance-centre-takeover-blackpool-jordan-devlin

Looks great but he's too similar to Finn, I think.

Irish, Hair, attire, 2% body fat and shredded abs, height. It was like a fighting game mirror match last night. Although he sounded far more natural on the mic than Finn with the small promo he gave before the match.

J. Marston wrote: »

Irish, Hair, attire, 2% body fat and shredded abs, height. It was like a fighting game mirror match last night. Although he sounded far more natural on the mic than Finn with the small promo he gave before the match.

He's also from Bray like Balor.

Here's a pic of them backstage

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

That main event was way too long. The first 15-20 mins was very dull. Felt like they were never going to finish the thing when they did eventually get going.

I've watched all the TV but I think this week's has convinced me to give it up. The build to TakeOver was pretty awful. Some nice additions announced last night and obviously WALTER v Dunne is a big deal but there's so many guys with no personality and a bad look on the roster.

Devlin has been the standout perfomer on the brand and has been much better than Balor for the last two years.

I think the fact they had to cram two episodes in per week really hurt it. It's jading. I'd hope it gets a little better now if they switch to just one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thought it was a very good show agree the main event was too long. Feel it's a problem in all wrestling at the minute there all trying to have this epic long main event but there's always these over long boring parts of the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

J. Marston wrote: »

I do agree with Michaels that Devlin has grown a lot since the CWC. He seems to really get the character work and no offence to him but his face and overall demeanour really suits playing the sh1tty heel type.

Attire and hair can be changed overnight which I'd agree he needs to do if wants to push on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Made me wonder do many main event indie matches last long?
    Glad they didn't try for that spot the third time. And the duration was showing. The ending seemed rushed/sloppy.

Eddie Dennis makes me think of what a stretched Johnny Gargano would look like.

Surprised Toni won.

Was watching the post show Q&A with Triple H. What was the Vince chant? And what's with the shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭ThePott

Fantastic show, was never able to keep up with NXT UK.
    Especially with this double bill every week malarky but I think if anything is going to turn people on to it then this show will.
    Tag match and main event were the highlight, although the main was quite long.

Also WALTER! wonder what this means for OTT.
    Definitely gonna try stick with NXT UK and with any luck they'll have another PPV in a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Just finished watching it. Dave Mastiff is awesome really interesting look, and good move set.

Dunne is awesome but match was a bit long.

Didnt think the tag match was all that, same with balor devlin, perfectly grand though.

Decent show, hopefully once they flesh out more characters the shows will get better ala us takeovers

Advertisement