Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Seats VW Polo Series 9n

• 12-01-2019 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am have been looking around the internet for replacement seats for my Volkswagen Polo Series 9n, I have tried loads of places, but to no avail.

I've tried the dismantlers, I've tried Donedeal.

There are seats on Ebay but they are expensive enough.

Does anyone have any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Partfinder.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 31 userhere

thanks will try that much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Try some Owners clubs on Facebook,seems to be a great source for parts, Have you tried the scrap yard in Kilcock? Could have sworn id seen a few out there last time i was out there.

Kilcock don't have anything that matches...

userhere wrote: »
    Kilcock don't have anything that matches...

What needs to match? Is it a cream interior or something out of the ordinary?

• Advertisement

The seats, the rights seats for the model...

I give up. I can see why you’re not having any success.

I mean I am looking for the specific seats for the correct model there are two different seat types for VW Polo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The Polo wasn't exactly uncommon though, so surely it couldn't be this hard no matter which spec.

Post a pic of the pattern you are looking for. We might be able to help.

Here you go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Is yours 3 or 5 door OP.

its a 3 DR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you cannot get an exact match for the front seats then consider replacing the back seat too. That way all the seats will have the same pattern so it opens up more choice for you.

its a 3 DR

https://www.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/vw-polo-for-parts/20631391

Swap all seats, the door cards will match either way.

I know I sound ignorant but will it not matter about the size though, so I could get seats from an older/newer VW Polo really and get them put in?

You said your Polo is a 9n, so the seats linked should be correct.

If you go swapping seats from a newer shape Polo for example, you could have issues with cross compatibility of things like sest rails, seat belt buckles and side airbags if the car has them fitted.

My Polo is a 9n, is it that there are different seat styles under the Series 9n, meaning that they don't have to match the seats I currently have

There’s just different seat fabrics between trim levels as far as I know, the seats themselves would all the the same basic thing underneath. 3 door seats are obviously different to 5 door.

9N just means it’s a Mk4 Polo (2002-2009 shape), nothing more.

Ok So what exactly should I be looking for any VW Polo 9n newer series?
    I know this must be frustrating on your end, but I'm just lost abit at this stage with it

• Advertisement

What year is yours?

Put the reg into www.cartell.ie and let me know what spec level it says your Polo is.

More specifically I think that fabric pattern are only in Baseline spec 9n2 (facelift) Polos from 05-09 so probably not the easiest to try and find.

As Colm says, if look at swapping a full interior from any 2002-2009 3 door Polo, they will all work in your car and will make searching easier.

Got your PM, replied there.

Just for clarity Toyotafanboi, the OPs car is a 2008 3 door UK ‘E’ model.

I have suggested they find another 3 door facelift Polo, there may be differences in the wiring for SRS in the facelifts? Did the 2002 prefacelift type even have side airbags?

The "E"/ Base is very lightly spec'd, does it have side airbags anyway?

Side airbags weren't standard on 02 onwards cars but did come on trend and comfortline but not baseline or "plus" spec iirc.

I'd say the buckle pretensioner wiring is the same the whole way through from 02-09 as some seats (comfortline) done the whole run unchanged from 02-09.

So if OP's car has no side airbags I'd say any seats would do. If it does have side airbags, i'd be sticking with facelift cars.

If I order the seats from a 5dr as opposed to 3 dr am I in trouble...

They won't fold forwards to let in back seat passengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

I am have been looking around the internet for replacement seats for my Volkswagen Polo Series 9n, I have tried loads of places, but to no avail.

I've tried the dismantlers, I've tried Donedeal.

There are seats on Ebay but they are expensive enough.

Does anyone have any tips?

Daughter's 2005 Polo drivers seat airbag deployed in relatively minor collision. NCT due next month, have sourced this dowdy seat, airbag OK. (warning light out) Would this pass the NCT with that worn fabric at the (airbag) side. Will replace it when a better replacement can be sourced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

John.G wrote: »
    Daughter's 2005 Polo drivers seat airbag deployed in relatively minor collision. NCT due next month, have sourced this dowdy seat, airbag OK. (warning light out) Would this pass the NCT with that worn fabric at the (airbag) side. Will replace it when a better replacement can be sourced.

It wont have a problem passing the test but replacing the seat alone wont be enough. The airbag ecu is one time use and will need replacement and potentially other sensors depending on where the car was hit etc

rex-x wrote: »
    It wont have a problem passing the test but replacing the seat alone wont be enough. The airbag ecu is one time use and will need replacement and potentially other sensors depending on where the car was hit etc

All seems OK now with "new" seat installed, I just reset all the fault codes in the auto scan window (loaner VCDS). S.belt warning light seems normal, ie comes on for a few seconds with ignition switched on, then extinguishes.
    I have read that some newer?? cars require the "seat occupied recognition control module" re configured (can be done with VCDS) but I didn,t get any message to this effect.

ORIGINAL Drivers Seat after side airbag deployed.
    Address 15: Airbags Labels: 6Q0-909-605-VW5.lbl
    Part No: 1C0 909 605 K
    Component: 19 AIRBAG VW51 0P 0008
    Coding: 12601
    Shop #: WSC 00788
    VCID: 2C57EC61DCEB102A59-5140

1 Fault Found:
    01217 - Side Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N199)
    29-00 - Short to Ground

REPLACEMENT Drivers Seat

No fault code found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

John.G wrote: »
    All seems OK now with "new" seat installed, I just reset all the fault codes in the auto scan window (loaner VCDS). S.belt warning light seems normal, ie comes on for a few seconds with ignition switched on, then extinguishes.
    I have read that some newer?? cars require the "seat occupied recognition control module" re configured (can be done with VCDS) but I didn,t get any message to this effect.

ORIGINAL Drivers Seat after side airbag deployed.

1 Fault Found:
    01217 - Side Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N199)
    29-00 - Short to Ground

REPLACEMENT Drivers Seat

No fault code found.

Something is not quite right then, whenever the bags go off due to a crash the data is stored in the module and it is then frozen so it cant be erased (with vcds anyway) I wonder did it go off due to a short or similar instead

rex-x wrote: »
    Something is not quite right then, whenever the bags go off due to a crash the data is stored in the module and it is then frozen so it cant be erased (with vcds anyway) I wonder did it go off due to a short or similar instead

A short was displayed (01217) but this I presume was after the air bag deployment.
    The relatively minor collision was a passat hitting the Polo on the right rear passenger door on a very wet road and spinning it around, crash signal 01656 was also displayed which disables the steering assist but this was re enabled when I reset all fault codes (with deployed air bag still in the car). None of The passat air bags deployed.

I can't get this up on the VCDS, the security is blanked off but I can still select adaptations but no menu list like shown on Utube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSTN_nTLIW0

Advertisement