Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United, Sunday, Jan 13th, Sky Sports PL, k.o. 4:30pm

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

RASHFOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDD
    DE GEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Whhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Dooooooooooooo yooooooooooouuuuuuu constantlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy doooooooooooo thissssssssssssssssss every game!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭klose

That'll do nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Kane injured right at the end to complete the **** sandwich for Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great win but Spurs were shocking at finishing.

1st test for Ole passed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Whhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Dooooooooooooo yooooooooooouuuuuuu constantlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy doooooooooooo thissssssssssssssssss every game!!!

emphasisssssssssssssssssssssssssss i thinkkkk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Beasty wrote: »
    And again....

Back on your bike.. I couldn’t resist.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Spurs lack of summer signings will hamper them now, if Kane is injured, Sissoko too and Son heading to Asia, that's a major blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It ain't modern commentary without it. Get with the times my man. ;)

Esse85 wrote: »
    Spurs lack of summer signings will hamper them now, if Kane is injured, Sissoko too and Son heading to Asia, that's a major blow.

They genuinely might be fighting for a top 4 spot come the end of the season, which seemed ridiculous, even up until a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I am not a Man.Utd.fan,bit it is great to see what has happened since Mourinho was sacked.Spurs need to get out of Wembley and back to their new stadium.

• Advertisement

It ain't modern commentary without it. Get with the times my man. ;)

First vegans, then trump, now this "modern commentary"

The worlds gone man, Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

If Jose was watching that game today he'd be forgiven for thinking it was his tactics, his gameplan and his mistake not to switch Rashford out for Lukaku ... they played exactly like we've seen Jose set them up all season, 2 defensive mids, Pogba left up top more or less cos he couldn't give a **** defending and used up their 1 decent chance in the first half to score. We'd be applauding the beautiful mind of Mourinho.

... strangely Solskjaer doesn't get the credit cos he's not considered in the same regard as the special one.

Decent first half viewing, then Spurs took over completely and must be sick they lost that game. You can call it lucky, unlucky but at the end of the day 5 chances should have at least lead to 1 goal. Only themselves to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

If Jose was watching that game today he'd be forgiven for thinking it was his tactics, his gameplan and his mistake not to switch Rashford out for Lukaku ... they played exactly like we've seen Jose set them up all season, 2 defensive mids, Pogba left up top more or less cos he couldn't give a **** defending and used up their 1 decent chance in the first half to score. We'd be applauding the beautiful mind of Mourinho.

... strangely Solskjaer doesn't get the credit cos he's not considered in the same regard as the special one.

Decent first half viewing, then Spurs took over completely and must be sick they lost that game. You can call it lucky, unlucky but at the end of the day 5 chances should have at least lead to 1 goal. Only themselves to blame.

As soon as Lukaku came on, bear in mind a sub needed to be made as martial wasnt tracking back, as was trippier, we reverted to the old jose way for the last 20 minutes. I think it was more to put rashford left as he runs..a lot. Young lad was bollixed by the end.

When lingard and martial come off in games we'll loose pace. Lukaku will always co.e on for 1 of those to shift rashford out to the wing. Soon as that happens it turns into the jose way but in retrospect we dont have the pace up front to replace those players

AidoEirE wrote: »
    As soon as Lukaku came on, bear in mind a sub needed to be made as martial wasnt tracking back, as was trippier, we reverted to the old jose way for the last 20 minutes. I think it was more to put rashford left as he runs..a lot. Young lad was bollixed by the end.

When lingard and martial come off in games we'll loose pace. Lukaku will always co.e on for 1 of those to shift rashford out to the wing. Soon as that happens it turns into the jose way but in retrospect we dont have the pace up front to replace those players

I understand that when you take off the pace it gives the opposition more of an impotus to stop dropping deeper to cover - but can't be doing that each time especially as you need to sub these guys at times regardless. There was a huge hole in front of the defending 2 for the last 20 mins in particular i'd be more inclined to be looking at Pogba myself - not beating him with a stick but this is probably why Jose used to lose it with him - he goes forward with great gusto as Neville described it as "marauding" today - but defends with less of a desire.

Dropping deep doesn't happen due to lack of pace is what i'm saying, it's a mindset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I understand that when you take off the pace it gives the opposition more of an impotus to stop dropping deeper to cover - but can't be doing that each time especially as you need to sub these guys at times regardless. There was a huge hole in front of the defending 2 for the last 20 mins in particular i'd be more inclined to be looking at Pogba myself - not beating him with a stick but this is probably why Jose used to lose it with him - he goes forward with great gusto as Neville described it as "marauding" today - but defends with less of a desire.

Dropping deep doesn't happen due to lack of pace is what i'm saying, it's a mindset.

The hole happened as soon as we took lingard off, nothing to do with pogba. Sure pogbas position had to change but that was after the sub, before that he played brilliantly. This is coming from a supporter whose been pissed with pogba more than impressed. Lingard was filling that space closing down so much before he got subbed and did it superbly.

Lingard is the type of player, people looking in think he's a poor man's winger. He's actually insanely smart when it comes to the football side of things. Wasnt much threat his side all game so he went chasing/defending/attacking from that midfield posistion.

When he came off we lost a lot of momentum. A player i wrongky didnt rate highly enough as i misjudged his role in the team

AidoEirE wrote: »
    The hole happened as soon as we took lingard off, nothing to do with pogba. Sure pogbas position had to change but that was after the sub, before that he played brilliantly. This is coming from a supporter whose been pissed with pogba more than impressed. Lingard was filling that space closing down so much before he got subbed and did it superbly.

Lingard is the type of player, people looking in think he's a poor man's winger. He's actually insanely smart when it comes to the football side of things. Wasnt much threat his side all game so he went chasing/defending/attacking from that midfield posistion.

When he came off we lost a lot of momentum. A player i wrongky didnt rate highly enough as i misjudged his role in the team

Made the wrong sub then ... shoulda been Pogba instead of Lingard. Its all ifs and buts of course cos it was a 1nill win - it could bea different tune if Spurs hadn't shat themsevles in front of goal .

Advertisement