Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man child video gamers

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Giveaway wrote: »
    so you are all too busy with your pre computer games moral hysterias to help me create a daily mail headline? Boards I am so disappointed in you

"Man plays video games for 60 hours every day"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I dont agree at all, some of the loveliest men I know play video games, personally id be much more interested in dating a man that plays video games regularly over someone who is always out drinking. Its a hobby like any other, no shame in it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

i can find enough time to play 60 hours of videogames a day, drinking and neglecting my kids. i am an uber-gamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭Heckler

I was a pretty keen gamer in my 20's and early 30's. Stopped mostly when life/marriage and all that got in the way. I'm 46 now and just can't seem to muster up the enthusiasm for it any more. I fire up a game like Insurgency or Day of infamy and after being killed about 20 times I just quit.

Recently restarted Rainbow Six 3 and enjoy spending a few hours in the planning stages and sitting back giving go codes and watching how things pan out.

Ready or Not is a kinda move on from Swat 4 but not going to be released till next year. Looks good.

The lads who spend 4 hours a day playing FIFA while skulling cans with their friends are the same lads who would call a person spending a night playing Skyrim etc. a saddo loser. The irony is lost on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Gaming is a hobby,many people in their 20,s and thirtys play games .
    Its like any hobby, many people watch tv, listen to music ,
    its no worse than anything else ,as long as its done in moderation .
    Some lads just play sports games or call of duty.
    Games are much more complex now, you can play online games with
    2 or 3 other people, in a squad like fortnite ,or player unknown battlegrounds .
    its certainly better than going to the pub every night or using drugs .
    Some people play games with their children ,
    like mario kart, music games, like guitar hero .
    I think 30- 40 per cent of gamers are women .
    Alot of people play games on phones .
    Some games are well scripted and have a interesting story.
    I watch some games on youtube , like the last of us ,
    as its like watching a film .The graphics on games now is at least as good
    as action scifi films from the 90,s .

Advertisement