If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED65B8PLA

Options
  • 13-01-2019 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi there just seeing if you stock this model difference is the stand from the model ending with S on your website. From reading the thread on A forums it looks like some of your stores in the UK offer it.
    Also from reading the thread seems to be varying degrees of issues with screening uniformity with issues like banding and tint, have you had many issues and returns due to issues like the above? Does your warranty cover this and also what's your policy on dead or stuck pixels?
    Is the set able to pick up saorview channels!
    Just looking at options as my 10 year old 50" Panasonic plasma is still going strong but getting an itch to join the 4K train this year!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Romero wrote: »
    Hi there just seeing if you stock this model difference is the stand from the model ending with S on your website. From reading the thread on A forums it looks like some of your stores in the UK offer it.
    Also from reading the thread seems to be varying degrees of issues with screening uniformity with issues like banding and tint, have you had many issues and returns due to issues like the above? Does your warranty cover this and also what's your policy on dead or stuck pixels?
    Is the set able to pick up saorview channels!
    Just looking at options as my 10 year old 50" Panasonic plasma is still going strong but getting an itch to join the 4K train this year!
    Hi Romero,

I do have stock of the OLED65B8PLA at £1799. They are fantastic TVs and I haven't seen many issues with screen uniformity, especially with how popular they are. The OLEDs really are the only TVs that can compete with the contrast levels of the old plasmas.

The 6 year guarantee covers parts and labour and however it does not cover screen burn. If there is an inherent fault in the screen it would be covered however screen burn would be classed as misuse of the Television.

It also has Freeview HD so will pick up Saorview channels!

If you would like to go for one of these drop me a PM and we can get that sorted for you.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

Thanks for coming back to me, I want to have a look at one of these in-person I think PC World do that exact model and stand. I'm a bit nervous regarding the screen burn issues as I did babysit my plasma when I got it first to avoid it but I believe that doesn't make a difference to Pled plus I've read some horror stories about the 6 and 7 series screens

Thanks for coming back to me, I want to have a look at one of these in-person I think PC World do that exact model and stand. I'm a bit nervous regarding the screen burn issues as I did babysit my plasma when I got it first to avoid it but I believe that doesn't make a difference to Pled plus I've read some horror stories about the 6 and 7 series screens
    Hey Romero.

It really is down to the individual but if you are really that worried about screen burn then perhaps an OLED is not for you.

We sell 10-20 OLEDs per week and as I said before on several different threads screen burn is not really an issue and we have never had any returned because of this that I can think of.
    Like I've said before also, I am a massive gamer and can (On my days off) play the same game for 10-12 hours and have no screen burn issues.
    I'm thinking of upgrading already to the 8 series. I have a 6 series currently.

If you search any product that is currently produced, television or otherwise you will find forums dedicated to their faults or issues. There will always be problems with products as no company has a 100% no fault rate.

It really is up to yourself on this one. If you not feeling the OLED perhaps Samsung QLED might be the way to go for you.

Delete

Hey Romero.

Is there anything we can help you with?

• Advertisement

Sorry was going to ask about some of your branches price matching Costco for this model at £1594 which converts to around €1810 but doubt you could do anything also a bit worried about Brexit and how the 6 year warranty would work for your customers in the south with such a big item such as a TV.

Sorry was going to ask about some of your branches price matching Costco for this model at £1594 which converts to around €1810 but doubt you could do anything also a bit worried about Brexit and how the 6 year warranty would work for your customers in the south with such a big item such as a TV.
    Hey Romero.

I'd need to check to the 65B8S pricing as like the 55B8S the Costco deal was for mainland UK only and they would not ship to the Ireland.

Our 6 year guarantee will not be effected by Brexit as our repair agents already have a base in the South and will deal with any issues directly from there if they need to.

Thanks here is the link on ukdealz site looks like PLA version is selling at that in Liverpool store as per some of the comments
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-oled-65-smart-4k-hdr-oled65b8s-1594-with-price-match-richer-sounds-3176385

Thanks here is the link on ukdealz site looks like PLA version is selling at that in Liverpool store as per some of the comments
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-oled-65-smart-4k-hdr-oled65b8s-1594-with-price-match-richer-sounds-3176385
    Hi Romero,

Unfortunately we are unable to match the Costco price as they only ship to mainland UK and also their warranty is invalid in Ireland.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

I think I'll wait the B9's are on the horizon. 
    Btw I see you have increased the price of this model from €1999 to €2099, is that a mistake? Your Sterling price of £1744 converts for me to €1985.  Just as a reference for you powercity sell the SLC for the same price €2099  Or for €2149 I can get the PLA version plus 5 year warranty with Currys. 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

No problem waiting.

To be fair to us the Pcity price is also 42099 but it only includes a 12 month warranty according to their site whilst our price includes delivery and a 6 Year warranty.

On the sterling issue - you can purchase in sterling no problem at the £1744 price and either collect or shipping anywhere across Ireland is just £6.99 - we always allow our Customers to choose whichever currency works best for them - we think that's fair.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Guys notice the oled discount code for the S version have you PLA stand still in stock or is that sold out? I take it that would be a similar price? I calculate it brings it down to £1539 plus delivery. Just inquiring thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Romero,

thanks for the mail - the 'GDOLED200' £200 Promo Voucher code on the LG OLED65B8 is for the 'S' series ( leaving the OLED 65B8s at £1539) - we do not have stock or ETA on the PLA model at the moment - you can check it out here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203507-lg-oled65b8s-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John I just hate that cresent stand it cheapens the look of the set. PLA is much classier looking

Thanks John I just hate that cresent stand it cheapens the look of the set. PLA is much classier looking
    No worries Romero.

I'll keep my eye out and should the stock situation change I will post up here for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.