Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rte player only showing adverts

• 13-01-2019 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi boardsies,

I could do with your help as I'm not very techy.

I have a samsung smart tv. The player always worked for me no problems but since christmas the adverts will load but when it comes to the show it won't load it. Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They have a new player, maybe do a search or an update or delete one you have installed and reinstall?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Iamlegend24

vicwatson wrote: »
    They have a new player, maybe do a search or an update or delete one you have installed and reinstall?

Hi Vicwatson, I done all the above no joys. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi Vicwatson, I done all the above no joys. Thanks

I’d suggest you contact RTthen maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

For anyone getting a blank screen after the ads, using android devices, I got the following response from RTÉ.

"We have some known issues with the early releases of Android and we recommend users to have at least Android 5 (9 is the most recent update)."

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Iamlegend24

Thanks jgbyr.....can you get the old version of the app in the play store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Have the same issues and I'm running Oreo on an S8 and so the issues are far from confined to those running old versions of Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Working fine on my Android Pie phone but not on my LG Smart TV. Only noticed on Monday but could have been like that for a few weeks. I'll try RTE myself and see

Advertisement