Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tax credits, second job, do i have to tell ?

Options
  • 13-01-2019 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi ,

I am a full time employee and have begun to work a few hours part time with another company to make ends meet. I have not told my main employer this. The problem is I am being emergency taxed on my part time job and therefore I want to sort this out. How can I sort this out without my main employer finding out I am working for another company?

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Hi ,

I am a full time employee and have begun to work a few hours part time with another company to make ends meet. I have not told my main employer this. The problem is I am being emergency taxed on my part time job and therefore I want to sort this out. How can I sort this out without my main employer finding out I am working for another company?

Go online transfer some tax credits tax bands to your new employer (assuming you have some spare) and... That's it. It's highly unlikely they'll query it. Why would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Hi ,

Apply for cert with nil credits for 2nd job.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

you should not be paying emergency tax
    basically PAYE modernisation has done away with that
    the only reason you should be paying emergency tax now is that you haven't given your new employer your PPSN or they haven't set it up correctly in payroll.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/paye-modernisation-for-employees/what-effect-will-this-have-on-emergency-tax.aspx

Advertisement