Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    After Munch tomorrow it will have eyes on my backroom. So he will officially know my powers in full and he may be able to work out who I am.

But if this is true, and you knew this from the beginning, you surely would have been cautious enough to not post anything incriminating in your back room?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Our first role claim - how exciting!!

And met with utter silence? Are the wolves all scrambling in their back rooms for a response?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Hi Guys,

I’m Frodo Baggins.

giphy.gif

Been debating whether to come out or not, haven’t had too much time to get my head around the OP or the ins and outs of my character.

Did so this morning and I’ve weighed it up ever since. I think I’m more use to the village out than hiding considering my abilities.

So............ the ring............THE RING!

It’s what separates me from most hobbits.

Right now it’s around my neck, and I haven’t used it.

It has powers but it’s a bit of a liability too.

So its drawing Sauron closer with each passing day.

After Munch tomorrow it will have eyes on my backroom. So he will officially know my powers in full and he may be able to work out who I am.

After munch the day after that, I will be open to be converted to Nazgul. (right now I’m not)

After that, something wicked will transpire on the munch after that (Thursday morning), which it isn’t clear what happens though it involves Sam going by the flavour.

So that’s the draw backs to me with the ring around my neck.

On the plus side I cannot be killed by enemy hand as long as the ring is around my neck. I can however be killed by Vig kill or by Lynch. So by being open now, I hope those two won’t happen.

However I can chose to put on the ring.

Putting on the ring grants has its upside, that I won’t divulge just yet.

It also has its draw backs. I’m told that If I am tempted by the grave misfortune will strike the fellowship.

I’m also told Boromir can betray me, which may also lead to my death somehow. I don’t have any other details on that sadly. Mods be vague backstage.

So that’s me.

Any questions.

I think I’m best coming out since I cant be killed by enemy hand yet, but I may have misjudged things.

giphy.gif

Oh and adjust your FFAs accordingly

Well that's a doozy of a claim, brownie points for timing, at least we can hash it out, so on one hand if you don't put on the ring you can't die but don't get it's cool powers?

If you leave the ring off your invincible!?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Looks like I've missed out on some fun.

I don't believe Babs in the slightest tbh. Going to do a quick re-read of her posts though.

Boards acting up for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

And met with utter silence? Are the wolves all scrambling in their back rooms for a response?

I don’t know what to make of it, the main character coming out on night 1?! I’d be surprised with people who accept and digest it quicker to be honest .....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

OK I apologise if Im missing something or pointing out something I shouldnt but if this is true will we not just have to lynch Barbra tomoro?

Derry WW wrote: »
    OK I apologise if Im missing something or pointing out something I shouldnt but if this is true will we not just have to lynch Barbra tomoro?

Wut??

Is that because Sauron gets backroom access and can work out what he needs to do to make Frodo a nazgul?

Wut??
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Is that because Sauron gets backroom access and can work out what he needs to do to make Frodo a nazgul?

Should Sauron and the Witch-King ever gain possession of the One Ring, they will gain a kill each night

• Advertisement

I’m also told Boromir can betray me, which may also lead to my death somehow. I don’t have any other details on that sadly. Mods be vague backstage.

Frank said you were one of the strongest in having Boromir come out. TBH, I read your posts the opposite way.

In light of his possible betrayal, can you clarify once and for all where you stood on him coming out?

Sauron and The Witch King – evil Cult who convert each night. If at any time in the game all alive players are recruited into the cult team Sauron will win. Through the Witch King - the leader of the Nazgul - and his deadly Morgul-Blade, they also have access to the poison ability, which allows them to poison and fake poison two players each night. If the poisoned player is not healed by lynch time, they will die. The Witch-King cannot be killed by Saruman or the Uruk-Hai. For further information on conversions, please see Rule 9.

Should Sauron and the Witch-King ever gain possession of the One Ring, they will gain a kill each night.

Frodo – the Ring Bearer. Has a number of abilities he can access at any time by using the ring. However, as those who remember tales of the One Ring are aware - it is always trying to return to it’s master Sauron….

In the event of Frodo’s death, the ring will pass to Samwise and the same rules will apply to him – UNLESS Frodo has become a Nazgul.

So it’s bad if the baddies get the ring or Frodo! What do we do with that? Kill frodo tonight or tomorrow and let Sam take the role? I am asking not insinuating we do. I mean weren’t people advocating we get Borimir out and kill him?

What am I missing here?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Put Babs down as my vote at 5pm due to commute and evening commitments. Honestly not convinced by the role claim. But there's time.

In terms of an ffa I had her for hiding behind Phil's reasoning, Frank for a couple of early comments that I'm not convinced were evil, and Doris for the same.

Hang on, also by coming out now, we can't use the ring otherwise your gonna die either tomorrow or the next day, even if you don't die you can be converted at a later point?

Should Sauron and the Witch-King ever gain possession of the One Ring, they will gain a kill each night

Okay, I get your point. Barbara is best to answer that - is it in the best interests of the village for her to be lynched prior to the deadline for her becoming a Nazgul.

If she's legit she understandably left stuff out that she doesn't want the bads to know about, so she'll probably have more information on whether it's a good idea or not. I'd be interested to hear her thoughts.

@Jake and others, ISO is now possible again on my PC if you want to try again.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Taking Babs at face value for now, need to think on that a little more.

#FFA1
    Derry - Lots of nothing posts, mechanics discussion, doesn't enter discussion of players or ask any Q's. There's a few others I could FFA for this tbh but Derry has the highest post count of them, so potentially trying to keep his fluffed.
    Oisin - the continually pushing the reveal of Boromir is more telling than the original, floating leaving him alive is worse again IMO
    Frank - Mainly over the "hi I'm Boromir post", hes quite dismissive of posts pointing fingers at him, not sure what to make of that. Has had a few good posts after that though and I liked his FFA so I'm conflicted.

Doris WW wrote: »

Also this post is all kinds of odd, again apologies if I'm missing something

What do you mean Sauron gets backroom access why wouldn't he have it already? Thats what I'd have thought.

And again I'd have assumed he would just convert Frodo not have to work out what to do.

You seem to be making some big assumptions from where I don't know.

What do you mean Sauron gets backroom access why wouldn't he have it already? Thats what I'd have thought.

And again I'd have assumed he would just convert Frodo not have to work out what to do.

Access to Frodo's back room I gathered. Barbara said she'd have eyes on it or words to that effect.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Barbara, you're either Beakering, giving a real role reveal or a wolf trying to draw attention (and if so, who or what from?)

Right now I'm veering towards option three

24y43o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I can’t see Babs reveal as being false.

#FFA1
    Desmond
    Abigail
    Henry

Get posting you three (Liam too)

OK apologies to Doris

Cause Barbara said

It’s not clear what this means. “Work our who I am” ? You are Barbara as far as I read?! I thought that meant that tomorrow the eye can see Barbara’s backroom?!

A lot of that Barbara post doesn’t make sense TBH.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Boards acting up for anyone else?

Ok for me. Haven’t tried searching posts again though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Dunno what to think of this Babs post. Will have to look over it closely. Who gains from a false claim?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod Note: Games Mods are aware of the current log in issues some are experiencing. If there are issues please PM us with your votes, or use the lynch form link in the other thread in this forum. Thanks.

I would prefer if Barbra would clear things up and not just hit and run a claim

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Yeah I'm calling bull**** on that claim. None of it adds up, and it doesn't align with with her earlier posting.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Frank said you were one of the strongest in having Boromir come out. TBH, I read your posts the opposite way.

In light of his possible betrayal, can you clarify once and for all where you stood on him coming out?

I never stood anywhere.

He was never going to come out

• Advertisement

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Dunno what to think of this Babs post. Will have to look over it closely. Who gains from a false claim?

I can’t work out why a bad Barbara would claim this early either which is why I’m inclined to believe her.

I don’t think bad Barbara would have posted an FFA straight after acknowledging posting them at 6:30. It would draw to much heat (as seen already).

Advertisement