Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I would prefer if Barbra would clear things up and not just hit and run a claim

Yeh this is just a bit odd.

- A goody looking to save their skin
    - A baddy looking to save their skin
    - the real RV looking to save their skin

But it’s not clear what benefit it is to the village or the percentage risk it is having Frodo coming out.

Frodo dies and Sam gets the powers, village not under direct threat from what villains can gain from Frodo. They are also none the wiser.

Frodo lives and everybody knows it, keeps Sam in reserve but at what cost? I don’t know the risk of Frodo being out in the open, can barbabra even clear up some of that ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I’m Frodo Baggins.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Oh and adjust your FFAs accordingly

Feck ya. I want to go 'lol yeah', but need time to dissect this and possibly reconsider my lynch vote.

Frodo revealing on Day 1 vs this being a helluva ballsy move by some wolves. It's definitely an interesting post.

Real or fake, if there is a Frodo to counter-claim this reveal, keep yourself secret and safe for now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

The op suggests that Sauron gets eyes on Frodo if he uses the ring, not regardless. Convenient that the role reveal includes a lot of stuff we can meet infer from the op and skips the stuff (the ring powers) we can't.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

The Balrog: Brutal and psychotic - the Balrog knows nothing but chaos and destruction. Kills once per cycle - at any time. Nothing can protect from a Balrog attack, so be afraid when you hear those drums in the deep....
    On the plus side I cannot be killed by enemy hand as long as the ring is around my neck. I can however be killed by Vig kill or by Lynch. So by being open now, I hope those two won’t happen.

this is kinda condradicting

Jake WW wrote: »
    I can’t work out why a bad Barbara would claim this early either which is why I’m inclined to believe her.

I don’t think bad Barbara would have posted an FFA straight after acknowledging posting them at 6:30. It would draw to much heat (as seen already).

Unless she was the witch king? Looks like there is only Sauron and WK at start. They lose this poison straight away and if the WK was going to die , they could draw Frodo out with this move?

It’s just a theory? I just can’t understand how this reveal is not really risky for the village if it’s legit and the lack of clarity isn’t helping.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

The Balrog: Brutal and psychotic - the Balrog knows nothing but chaos and destruction. Kills once per cycle - at any time. Nothing can protect from a Balrog attack, so be afraid when you hear those drums in the deep....

Barbara, you need to respond to this.

Did not expect a role reveal tonight especially of this magnitude. I’m doing dinner, reading thread, washing! Should I be getting the FFAs together?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Frodo has a built in replacement in Samwise and as no one has been killed or not lynched yet we KNOW he is still around. So there is no reason at all to come out no matter what the situation.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

It appears to be yes

Oh!

and...

I think it was Gertrude who made the point that a lot of Bab's info and powers can be inferred from the OP. That's what immediately jumps out at me now that I read the OP with her reveal in mind.

I'm not leaning towards believing this right now Barbara.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Have to agree with Doris, tbh. If Frodo dies before becoming a Nazgul, the ring and all its powers pass over to Sam

If we lynch Barbara and she's telling the truth, then we lose nothing except a villager

If Babs is a baddie, then score one for the village, and we can also look at why she came out and who she might have been protecting

#FFA1

Barbara
    Desmond - as explained already
    Frank - his 'I am not Balrog' statement was strange. Has generally been helping to try and out other baddies - but the SK would anyway

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Also curious as to why you thanked that post, Babs. You want to die?

Eva WW wrote: »
    Also curious as to why you thanked that post, Babs. You want to die?

Because if I die, and you guys dont believe me , im happy knowing Sam has the ring then.

Im a villager if lynched.

Did not expect a role reveal tonight especially of this magnitude. I’m doing dinner, reading thread, washing! Should I be getting the FFAs together?

I did not expect someone as active as yourself today to just FFA the 3 bottom posters.

Not that my own leads are airtight, but is there nothing else which raises your suspicions more than at least one of those 3 posters?

Bear in mind, I'm concerned about their whereabouts too, but not enough to put all 3 on the FFA. I picked one.

It's your FFA of course, but it seems like an easy FFA and reasoning when today you put in more work than that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Because if I die, and you guys dont believe me , im happy knowing Sam has the ring then.

Why did you claim so soon

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Why did you claim so soon

Ive no reason to remain hidden. I wont die according to the details in my backroom from an enemy attack. I feel good

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

I have it in hand if it helps.

It appears to be yes

Sorry. What appears to be a yes. Yes you are immune from Balrog attack? Or yes, nothing can protect from a Balrog attack.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Ive no reason to remain hidden. I wont die according to the details in my backroom from an enemy attack. I feel good

But what did you hope to do that would help the town today? It makes no sense to me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Well that was out of nowhere, trying to figure it out but it just doesn't make sense babs, if you could explain your thought process to why you thought it was a good idea to come out

• Advertisement

I never stood anywhere.

He was never going to come out

I don't like this answer.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

But what about the risk of being lynched, did you not consider this before coming out?

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Okay, I get your point. Barbara is best to answer that - is it in the best interests of the village for her to be lynched prior to the deadline for her becoming a Nazgul.

If she's legit she understandably left stuff out that she doesn't want the bads to know about, so she'll probably have more information on whether it's a good idea or not. I'd be interested to hear her thoughts.

Barbara, is it in the best interests of the village to lynch you, and if so, when?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod Note: Boards Login issues seem to be resolved.

I can’t see how we can’t vote for you. Can you not even clear up what risk it is for the village to keep you alive but exposed in the open? Do you know what the baddies have to do to take your powers? If so can you even tell us that the village play is to keep you alive or is it too risky for us?

Why bother coming out at all if you aren’t going to even try and defend yourself? If you are happy to die I can’t see the benefit of coming out. It just means Sam gets the powers but the baddies now have one less thing to worry about.

But you can be converted!

Again, the village doesn’t know what risk we are taking by letting you live!

That aside the balrog flavor does suggest he can kill anybody but Gandelf. It’s quite specific

POSTER TIME A B C
    Brendan 10:05 Barbara Tegan Desmond
    Barbara 12:48 Conor Frank
    Vernon 17:45 Eva Conor Henry
    Gabriel 18:11 Abigail Oisin
    Phil 18:17 Barbara Oisin Vernon
    Frank 18:30 Barbara Gertrude Henry
    18:34 Babara Reveal
    Conor 18:59 Derry Oisin Frank
    Jake 19:03 Desmond Abigail Henry
    Eva 19:25 Barbara Desmond Frank

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I have it in hand if it helps.

Does mine match yours?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Also Frodo not being able to be killed by the baddies once he has the ring and not being able to be coverted untill wednesday night seems a little powerful especially with the fall back of Sam

• Advertisement

Does mine match yours?

You forgot my third, but that was because Boards went screwy and I continued it on a second post, so easily done. Otherwise, yeah.

(My third was Wendy, btw).

Advertisement