Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    A bad team? A good team?
    What need for a team?

Huh?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

What’s the difference in being part of the cult and being a Nazgul?

9. Cult Rules: Sauron’s convert at night does not change any powers a player may or may not have, they will continue as the same alignment and will not be informed of the conversion, unless they become a Nazgul.

The way I have read is;
    Nazgul are like typical converts, they know they have been converted to the cult and likely get to enter back room and chat with Sauron and Witch-king.

Standard cult converts have no idea they have been tagged and will keep playing as they were, in ignorance to their conversion. But the invisibly tagged will count in any parity checks involving the cult.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Huh?
    Confused? You are young, no surprise.
    It's the purpose of these divisions I can't surmise.
    Plenty of time to see who is good or bad,
    But best to simply speak and be glad.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Because we have majority voting rules after day 1, so the lynch could end at 4pm before someone had a chance to vote

The lynch could be at 10:10am after a majority is reached on a peeked evil. Then night happens and 2 hours later @ 12:10 next day starts and we have until 9pm to find the next lynchee.
    Majority voting normally is only used to save us from long drawn out days where everybody knows who the next lynchee is and to get to the next day quickly.
    4pm is only when speed lynches stop.
    If we has two peeked evils, we could have a 2nd majority by 12:20, and another day would start at 2:20pm.
    If we had 3 peeked evils, we could squeeze another quick lynch in before the 4pm deadline.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Everyone can be converted to the cult and if they convert everyone they win.

People who become Nazgul will actually join the team and will need to be killed to wipe them out, but you wont have to kill off non nazguls to wipe them out,

Is my read

• Advertisement

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    With potentially everyone not getting a vote in before lynch, then FFAs will likely be extra important this game as it'll be all we have for research purposes.

Okay, i rephrase to better grasp full sentence now that i understand where idea is coming from.
    rephrased wrote:
    Due to majority voting and that some people might not get a vote in before majority is reached, then FFAs will likely be extra important this game as it'll be all we have for research purposes

I can agree somewhat, but if we have a dead cert, get rid of them and getting onto the next day may outweigh waiting around for everyone to say, FFA: lynch the peeked evil.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Hey guys :)

Good day, how'd you find your way here?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

What's up with the poems chief?

Well I was sitting at home minding my own business when what seemed like a piece of rubbish blew in through the open window of my living room. As I picked it up to throw it in the beautiful fire I had layed out for myself, I decided to be nosey and read it first. It turned out to be a piece of text from an ancient manuscript reading ::

&"*$%£"*

Which with my limited knowledge of the now extinct language, Boardsatanian, meant that I needed to undertake upon an epic journey to save the village from the hoards of wolves that have besieged it.

After a journey of some miles, uphill, in the snow, barefoot....... both ways.... I made it to the village of Bree where I chanced upon a Merry and a merry gathering that was with him.

To make a long story short (which Tolkien never did) I am here and ready to win this one for the forces of good!

• Advertisement

A bad team? A good team?
    What need for a team?

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Okay, i rephrase to better grasp full sentence now that i understand where idea is coming from.

I can agree somewhat, but if we have a dead cert, get rid of them and getting onto the next day may outweigh waiting around for everyone to say, FFA: lynch the peeked evil.

FFAs usually contain three names though, so still useful to have names of who else each player thinks is sus.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    What's up with the poems chief?
    For the sake of merriment, only a heart laden with woe and worry cannot rhyme.

And I am noone's chief Wendy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Though, to add, with the Balrog being able to kill any time, it would be worth getting rid of all evils asap, by majority, rather than waiting for lynch-time alright. I presume if we lynch before their put in their kill order it would save us a player?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I'm not the only one who just Googled "72845328 lord of the rings", right?

lol

that's taking it to a new level Eva ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    So this conversion mechanic.

Each evening a player is marked as a cult member, but they don't know it and it only becomes apparent when cult members outnumber other teams? Have I got that right? How is such a mechanic combated?

By killing Sauron and the witch king. I assume once they are gone there can be no more conversions

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Arguably by how it's worded, we find the witch king we stop the poisoning, but we need to kill them both to stop the killing and converting. (In reality that's probably not the case)

If they convert Frodo and/or boromir, we have a couple of black riders on our hands and the killing continues but the conversions stop. Seems reasonable - the forces of darkness are hardly going to rally behind khamul

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Evening all, just caught up. Initial thought is the conversion mechanic is extremely powerful. I remember reading writings from the first age of men- dildo bagpuss I think was the writer,- of an epic battle against a similar foe in the land of Facebook. A grisly tale of loss!

I’m assuming from some of the op that a few of the sidebar characters from the books will be around at some point- big shout out to Shelob (ya big manky eight legged killer ya)

For the sake of merriment, only a heart laden with woe and worry cannot rhyme.

And I am noone's chief Wendy.

I ain’t poet
    And I know it
    That makes me sad
    But I’m not bad

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Dude your rhymes are lame.
    And I know who's to blame!
    The government and their paltry syllabus
    If you punch out its engine, you can kill a bus.

Look what you’ve done, Holly

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Henry checking in, haven't read anything yet, but will get on to that soon.

Look what you’ve done, Holly

I think its amazing
    We all should be embracing
    The power of rhyme
    To pass the time

I think Barbara is a wolf
    Now this isn't fluff
    For pocketing Brendan
    With Picard mindmeld

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Very low post count today, even by Day 0 standards (or whatever you're calling it in this game)

Tegan WW| 15
    Eva WW |13
    Gabriel WW |12
    Vernon WW |11
    Gertrude WW |9
    Derry WW| 8
    Phil WW |7
    Mary WW |7
    Liam WW |6
    Desmond WW |6
    Jake WW| 6
    Doris WW |6
    Brendan WW| 6
    Holly WW |5
    Clodagh WW |4
    Wendy WW |4
    Oisin WW| 4
    Abigail WW |3
    Barbara WW |2
    Frank WW| 2
    Winifred WW |1
    Conor WW| 1
    Henry WW |1

Angus and Fiona the only ones not to check in today

Derry WW wrote: »
    First
    I was the first.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

quiet day one, but we have all tomorrow still to come

That may rhyme, but i'm no poet I simply don't have the time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Morning all, not a lot of posting yesterday but at least all but 2 have checked in, pretty good d0 turnout.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Early morning check in. No one been savaged by a giant spider I see.

Advertisement