Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc warning before setting alarm

Options
  • 13-01-2019 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi, is it possible and how? .........when setting alarm I wish to get an audible warning if a window or door is open .
    At the moment it sets, we drive off and neighbour rings to say alarm is going off, we return to find a window was open ..
    It's a hkc .
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Robbie71 wrote: »
    Hi, is it possible and how? .........when setting alarm I wish to get an audible warning if a window or door is open .
    At the moment it sets, we drive off and neighbour rings to say alarm is going off, we return to find a window was open ..
    It's a hkc .
    Thanks

If you have shock sensors fitted to the windows then you can set the system with a window open.
    If so it could be a blind moving in the wind that is banging off the sensor activating the alarm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Has this only started happening?
    If so it's more likely to be a faulty sensor or device or connection on that zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Robbie71

No , The problem is I can set the alarm when a window is accidently left open .I then drive off and 30 seconds later the alarm detects the open window and alarm bell sounds
    I want the keypad to warn me audibly when Im leaving that a window is open so I can close it.
    (If it helps ...The back windows and back door are all on the same "circuit" .)
    I think they're standard open/close contacts on windows and not shock sensors.

Thansk for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

My HKC tells me when sensors are open the minute I set it so it is possible, maybe the installer needs to activate it

No , The problem is I can set the alarm when a window is accidently left open .I then drive off and 30 seconds later the alarm detects the open window and alarm bell sounds
    I want the keypad to warn me audibly when Im leaving that a window is open so I can close it.
    (If it helps ...The back windows and back door are all on the same "circuit" .)
    I think they're standard open/close contacts on windows and not shock sensors.

Thansk for your help

You have a faulty contact on the window so.
    Replacing this will sort it for you

• Advertisement

van_beano wrote: »
    My HKC tells me when sensors are open the minute I set it ...........
    Van_beano gets what im trying to say .

My Installer is long gone but I have the engineers code .
    I dont think I have a faulty sensor .Its probably a menu setting that has to be ticked so when leaving the house the keypad audibly tells me a window is open before I leave.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you open the windows and try set the alarm does it set or does it show open zones on the screen?
    If its setting regardless its more likely there are just shock sensors & not contacts on the windows in question.
    If you leave the back door open what happens?
    Can you post a picture of one of the windows in question?

Van_beano gets what im trying to say .

My Installer is long gone but I have the engineers code .
    I dont think I have a faulty sensor .Its probably a menu setting that has to be ticked so when leaving the house the keypad audibly tells me a window is open before I leave.

I get what you are saying but there is no option that you need to tick to turn it on as a zone open will show when you are arming the system and not allow you set the alarm unless you bypass a zone while arming.
    I would say its a faulty contact if that is what you have installed.
    A faulty device can show closed and open randomly with a window opened or closed.

Update,
    I found manual (tks Altor - a few years ago) and it appears the back door and back windows are of zone type Entry/Exit so it wasnt telling me when a window on this circuit was open.
    I changed the Zone type to an Alarm zone and now it warns me if something is open .

I can see why the installer put it on Entry/exit type zone as the back door was already wired on the window circuit .

So now .... Can I keep the Entry/exit type zone but still get a warning when im setting the alarm and say... back window open

Update,
    I found manual (tks Altor - a few years ago) and it appears the back door and back windows are of zone type Entry/Exit so it wasnt telling me when a window on this circuit was open.
    I changed the Zone type to an Alarm zone and now it warns me if something is open .

I can see why the installer put it on Entry/exit type zone as the back door was already wired on the window circuit .

So now .... Can I keep the Entry/exit type zone but still get a warning when im setting the alarm and say... back window open

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement