Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Patio doors - mould on silicone grouting.

• 13-01-2019 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

I was cleaning the track of my sliding patio door which leads out to the balcony today, and it cleaned up nicely but the silicone around the bottom of the 'static' door on the track is discoloured with black mould. I was using a bleach solution to clean the track but it made no difference to the silicone. I have a bottle of HG mould remover from Woodies that I was going to use, but on reading the label it appears it's not suitable for use with metal, which of course the silicone is sitting on.

Could I use the HG stuff anyway, or does anybody have any other tips for me to remove this mould? The Domestos didn't budge it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sugar soap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Thanks, anyone tried it? Does it work?

Advertisement