Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securelink GSM module

Options
  • 13-01-2019 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello,

Does a standard SIM work with these boards or does the mobile operator need to configure something?

I tested mine (which was working for the previous owner) with a standard SIM (working for voice and SMS but not data) but it didn’t seem to work.

“Panel Comms” is green, “Line Status” and “GSM Status” flash 3 times each.

A mobile number is entered in “Text phond no’s” on the RKP and “Send test text” says “Digi modem card not present”

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

nikita wrote: »
    Hello,

Does a standard SIM work with these boards or does the mobile operator need to configure something?

I tested mine (which was working for the previous owner) with a standard SIM (working for voice and SMS but not data) but it didn’t seem to work.

“Panel Comms” is green, “Line Status” and “GSM Status” flash 3 times each.

A mobile number is entered in “Text phond no’s” on the RKP and “Send test text” says “Digi modem card not present”

Any suggestions?

Is it a GSMQ or GSMSC?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nikita

altor wrote: »
    Is it a GSMQ or GSMSC?

Neither, I think. I don’t see either of those on the board.

It looks like this:

http://a1.amlimg.com/YTE3NjRhZDU1ODc5NmNlNDdhMmZiZDhjN2E3ZDg5Mziy-PTpsV3vv4FZC3nbpfFYaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNDhmMWFjNDM2MDNlMDE0OGFkYWJhZmIwODRlNjRkMjUyYzdhMDNjNGU4ZGM0ODVhZGZkZmE3YTZlM2E3NjQwNC5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NTIyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

(That photo isn’t my particular one)

It’s connected to a Secure Watch 812, so it’s fairly old.

Its a GSM-P so need to make sure the sim is 2G sim card for the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nikita

Thanks, I’ll check that out with my mobile operator

Thanks, I’ll check that out with my mobile operator

No problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Sorry to hijack. I have the same GSM unit fitted and recently the relay with the date sticker on it has started pulling in and out randomly. I can hear it clicking but cant for the life of me figure out why its doing it. Makes no difference if the alarm is set or unset

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack. I have the same GSM unit fitted and recently the relay with the date sticker on it has started pulling in and out randomly. I can hear it clicking but cant for the life of me figure out why its doing it. Makes no difference if the alarm is set or unset

Have you tried doing a power cycle on the unit to see if that stops it?

Yes i tried that. Its doesn’t seem to be affecting the operation of the unit but its just annoying to hear the relay pull in and out at random times for no apparent reason. The relay is soldered on to the PCB so i cant even pull it out of its base to get a replacement

Yes i tried that. Its doesn’t seem to be affecting the operation of the unit but its just annoying to hear the relay pull in and out at random times for no apparent reason. The relay is soldered on to the PCB so i cant even pull it out of its base to get a replacement

Its an obsolete unit also.
    Unless you are using the home automation side of it there are not many options.

Thanks Altor. I currently use the unit to send / recieve texts to set and unset the alarm and also to receive any alarm activation texts. I have two outputs i can text to turn on and off lights. The main panel is the HKC 8/12. Is there an option just to replace the gsm unit and keep the main panel.

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor. I currently use the unit to send / recieve texts to set and unset the alarm and also to receive any alarm activation texts. I have two outputs i can text to turn on and off lights. The main panel is the HKC 8/12. Is there an option just to replace the gsm unit and keep the main panel.

Not if you want to keep the control of the outputs.
    The 10270 uses a newer GSM that controls outputs on the control panel as opposed to the outputs that are used inside the GSM/P.
    If you can live with the relay clicking Id keep going till the system needs to be upgraded.

Thanks again Altor. Think i will stick with what i have until it needs upgrading

Thanks again Altor. Think i will stick with what i have until it needs upgrading

I would be thinking the same.
    No point putting money into an obsolete system.

Advertisement