Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DNA double Helix Nobel laureate stripped of honours for opinions on race

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

Lads chill, we're all different. True equality would mean Jews and Asian competing equally with the Kenyans in long distance running and Africans lad making important breakthroughs in physics etc

That would a boring, homogenized world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Asians are smarter than average and good at maths.

All 4.3 billion of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

sk8erboii wrote: »
    LOL university isnt ‘fantasy’ its a real place where you make friends and meet intelligent people

? I already have a postgraduate lined up in a power plant mate.

Thats in May, and before then I’ll be enjoying the company of different people from different nations.

I’d invite you to a dorm session but im not sure you’d be able to communicate like a normal person tbh

Yeah, and I've been to university, and it is a fantasy world. Just wait until you get out into the big bad world and are competing with millions of people for survivval.

And my hole do you have a power plant job lined up. You haven't even completed undergraduate yet and you think you're going to waltz into a job when there will be plenty of applicants with 2 - 5 years experience applying for the same position.

In this working environment you'll be lucky to get a gig waiting on tables, let alone working in a power plant.

After graduation a big kick up the hole will be coming your way and it will be called reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Why do libs flip out so much when it's pointed out that human beings are not equal? Some races are smarter than others, some are stronger.

Aren't we supposed to celebrate difference and diversity?

Gotta have that master race eh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

Why do libs flip out so much when it's pointed out that human beings are not equal? Some races are smarter than others, some are stronger.

Aren't we supposed to celebrate difference and diversity?

Scared the white European racists will get drunk on power shouting about how distinctly average they are and about how the Asians and Blacks are superior to them in different ways!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

DS86DS wrote: »
    Yeah, and I've been to university, and it is a fantasy world. Just wait until you get out into the big bad world and are competing with millions of people for survivval.

And my hole do you have a power plant job lined up. You haven't even completed undergraduate yet and you think you're going to waltz into a job when there will be plenty of applicants with 2 - 5 experience applying for the same position.

In this working environment you'll be lucky to get a gig waiting on tables, let alone working in a power plant.

After graduation a big kick up the hole will be coming your way and it will be called reality.

Ah yes. Competing with billions for survival. Mate Ireland is one of the cushiest countries in the world. Honestly dunno why you think life here is like Subsaharan africa where you gotta hunt what you eat and walk two miles for the nearest well.

Right now I have family, friends, an employer and a pretty happy life.

And if i dont like it, i could always emigrate.

And yes, i do have a contract with a power plant up north. Its part of the masters program UCD gives you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Ah yes. Competing with billions for survival. Mate Ireland is one of the cushiest countries in the world. Honestly dunno why you think life here is like Subsaharan africa where you gotta hunt what you eat and walk two miles for the nearest well.

And yes, i do have a contract with a power plant up north. Its part of the masters program UCD gives you

Oh Oh, you used THAT word, that won't go down well.

It seems that every thread winds up being a cesspit lately.

Life is that not cushy after college. Plenty of people struggling with unemployment, mortgages, depression etc.

In some ways the primivtie hunter gathers in Africa are probably happier than us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

steddyeddy wrote: »
    You're talking about people disregarding science then call university fantasy. University is where science is promoted.

Have you an opinion on cheddar man, and the "findings" of the scientists involved?

• Advertisement

Life is that not cushy after college. Plenty of people struggling with unemployment, mortgages, depression etc.

In some ways the primivtie hunter gathers in Africa are probably happier than us.

Maybe. But thats what life is.

Life in Ireland is cushy? God almighty I seriously cannot wait until you are forced out into the real world.

Yeah, and that's called "work experience", NOT employment.

But you're forgetting something.....he's brilliant and will be running a power plant when he graduates from UCD :rolleyes:

Life in Ireland is cushy? God almighty I seriously cannot wait until you are forced out into the real world.

Yeah, and that's called "work experience", NOT employment.

Nah work experience is doing retail jobs in the summer. The masters program starts at 30k which is low but the job has high pedigree.

And yeah life in Ireland is pretty easy, if youre smart and have a good network of people to support you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

But you're forgetting something.....he's brilliant and will be running a power plant when he graduates from UCD :rolleyes:

In fairness, you're being similarly nonsensical because you believe it's impossible to get a job because of the immigrants.... It's perfectly possible to get a job if you have the skills.

batgoat wrote: »
    In fairness, you're being similarly nonsensical because you believe it's impossible to get a job because of the immigrants.... It's perfectly possible to get a job if you have the skills.

Yeah idk lol. The lad is afraid of people, and he thinks ireland is a mad max post apocalyptic world where everyone’s fighting for survival.

Dunno what causes someone to have such a frightened outlook on life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Irexit wrote: »
    I can't post youtube links here but if you do a search for "Jared Taylor - Race Differences in Intelligence".

Taylor has a good short introductory video on this subject which is backed up by a number of academic studies.

"Samuel Jared Taylor (born September 15, 1951) is an American white supremacist[2] and editor of American Renaissance, a white supremacist online magazine Taylor founded in 1990. He is also an author and the president of American Renaissance's parent organization, New Century Foundation, through which many of his books have been published. He is a former member of the advisory board of The Occidental Quarterly and a former director of the National Policy Institute, a Virginia-based white nationalist think tank.[3] He is also a board member and spokesperson of the Council of Conservative Citizens.[4][5]
    Taylor, like many of the organizations he is associated with, is often described as promoting racist ideologies by civil rights groups, news media, and academics studying racism in the U.S."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Taylor

No, I think not.

Nah work experience is doing retail jobs in the summer. The masters program starts at 30k which is low but the job has high pedigree.

And yeah life in Ireland is pretty easy, if youre smart and have a good network of people to support you.

Yeah will most likely cost 30k. You really are full of hot wind.

And what "skills" are we talking about. Do you think Mr. Employer cares if one's coding skills are exceptional if he can get somebody in India to work for a tenth of the wages?

Cop on and wake up. For whatever skills one has, there will be 20 people there to undercut you and Mr. Employer will be only to happy to oblige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

You really are a glass half empty type aren't you?

Life must have dealt you some really ****ty hands to be this cynical about everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Candie wrote: »
    It seems that every thread winds up being a cesspit lately.

It's up to us to say something nice then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yeah idk lol. The lad is afraid of people, and he thinks ireland is a mad max post apocalyptic world where everyone’s fighting for survival.

Dunno what causes someone to have such a frightened outlook on life.

...they're scared of being the one chained to the bike I reckon
    https://goo.gl/images/g6LjAf

g6LjAf

It's up to us to say something nice then!

You're looking very well today, Eddy! :)

gw80 wrote: »
    Have you an opinion on cheddar man, and the "findings" of the scientists involved?

Oh sorry gw. I meant to reply earlier. I'll have to look it up and then come back to you. I only have a preliminary knowledge of the finding. Wibbs is your man for all things anthropological.

Thanks C. My girlfriend introduced me to an excellent hairdresser. I'm also just back from the beautiful Greek island of Kefalonia. Have you been?

• Advertisement

Hmmm...your signature may cause those of a more cynical nature to doubt your intentions Candie.

:D

Lol. Did all the unemployed muslims take the entry level engineering jobs?

And what "skills" are we talking about. Do you think Mr. Employer cares if one's coding skills are exceptional if he can get somebody in India to work for a tenth of the wages?

Cop on and wake up. For whatever skills one has, there will be 20 people there to undercut you and Mr. Employer will be only to happy to oblige.

Yes actually I do think an employer cares about excellent coding skills.

And to be honest, software engineering is more than simply being a coder. There's so many things that matter in terms of high quality output. Any old **** is unmaintanable and will cause you more trouble in the long run.

Thanks C. My girlfriend introduced me to an excellent hairdresser. I'm also just back from the beautiful Greek island of Kefalonia. Have you been?

I haven't, but I've read Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres and that's definitely put it on the list.

I was at the hairdressers myself yesterday, I had my wavy hair blow dried stick-straight for a function, but I looked so different that I felt uncomfortable all night. My nicer half liked it though, so there's that. :)

Happy New Year!

• Advertisement

As somebody with a background in coding I beg to differ. Employers will employ the lowest wage earners. They are not going to take you on if you cost more out of the goodness of their hearts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why can't a man have opinions whether they be right or wrong?

Why can't a man have opinions whether they be right or wrong?

Because we live in the Thoughtcrime era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It was a grand soft day in fairness around here. The sunset was spectacular around these parts.

Lol. Did all the unemployed muslims take the entry level engineering jobs?

Lol. You will be competing with thousands of Asian graduates, as well as employers who want to hire those with experience as they don't want to have to spend money on training new graduates.

Laugh all you want from the confines of safe and predictable university life. But when you leave university, then the reality of the big bad world will set in.

Because we live in the Thoughtcrime era.

Who told you to think that?

As somebody with a background in coding I beg to differ. Employers will employ the lowest wage earners. They are not going to take you on if you cost more out of the goodness of their hearts.

Erm, I'm a software engineer who has worked with some pretty major multinationals. The more complex a system gets, the more it will cost a company to employ bad software engineers. So your expertise of the industry is pretty lacking. Anyway, how does any of your nonsense relate to the topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm sorry, can somebody show me the way out? I came in to a thread about a laboratory removing some less that prestigious awards and wandered in to some nonsense about post grads, coding, and hair cuts.😜🤯

Who told you to think that?

The morality police.

The morality police.

Life must be tough under constant attack from non-existent forces.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »

What "non-existent" forces?

Arghus wrote: »

He says in a thread about an eminent scientist being punished for being a meanie weanie.

I haven't, but I've read Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres and that's definitely put it on the list.

I was at the hairdressers myself yesterday, I had my wavy hair blow dried stick-straight for a function, but I looked so different that I felt uncomfortable all night. My nicer half liked it though, so there's that. :)

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you too. I'm sure you looked great!

Guys no one here is surpressing evidence of intelligence differences. We're just asking for you to back up your statement. If you feel like a victim for having to do that then it's your fault and not society's.

What "non-existent" forces?

Things like the "morality police".

He says in a thread about an eminent scientist being punished for being a meanie weanie.

Cool nonsensical statement bro.

Yes he does because you're claiming to be attacked for your opinions. When in fact you're being asked to back them up and cry victim when asked to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Guys no one here is surpressing evidence of intelligence differences. We're just asking for you to back up your statement. If you feel like a victim for having to do that then it's your fault and not society's.

I haven't read it but I've seen a book called the bell curve mentioned. Seems to show ethnic differences in IQ.

Erm, I'm a software engineer who has worked with some pretty major multinationals. The more complex a system gets, the more it will cost a company to employ bad software engineers. So your expertise of the industry is pretty lacking. Anyway, how does any of your nonsense relate to the topic?

And who said that any of those undercutting you would be "bad" at it. Employers care about the most profit returns.

All of this will become more aparrent the more Globalised we become and the more the EU dictates our borders policy.

People like you might have some concepts about dancing about the multicultural rainbow and loving everybody the same as our own.

But truth be known, none of these people give a **** about you and your liberal heart bleeding. They are here for one reason and that is opportunism. For all your fantasies about one big happy world family, they will gladly take your job and leave you on the street.........all the while sneering at what a bunch of gullible fools you and your liberal buddies are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

He's slowing fading....with a post count in reverse...….

Advertisement